What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lesson then practice then played 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucket of range balls - worked mostly with driver and my new 815 3h, then putted for a while. Worked mainly on 5-10 footers (dreaming about the clincher at the Granddaddy)

Stopped by Dick's for new Q-Stars....didn't have them.

Played a practice round in prep for a qualifier on Tuesday.

Booked a round for Wednesday morning. Figured that I wouldn't want to work before heading over to TP to meet THPers so why not make it a 36 hole day.

Played 18 today. Tested out a couple drivers on the course.

Pondered pre ordering a GBB. Found a little something in my swing that's been missing for a month or so. So all in all a good day as far as Golf goes.

Practiced, primarily short game (inside 45 yds) and putting.
THP.

Went to Trump Ferry Point in the Bronx. Practiced for an hour before a round. Hit irons well on the range, lost with the driver. Worked the wedges in the short-game area and hit them well.

So, go out on the course and hit 13 of 14 fairways with my driver averaging 242 - go figure. Iron ok, wedges 50/50.

Just goes to show that what happens on the range doesn't always happen on the course. I think my lousy driver at the range spooked me and I throttled back to 80% or so, slowed the tempo and just hit a nice relaxed driver all day. Nice little baby draw all day long and right in the middle of the fairway. Carried two bunkers on one hole with the second needing 245 carry to clear - big grin with that.

Wrote on a couple reviews.

Accepted the boys golf coach position.

Congrats dude! You are going to rock it!

awesome, that's gonna be quite the experience. and nerve racking i would imagine

awesome, that's gonna be quite the experience. and nerve racking i would imagine

Nah, coaching isn't new to me. It'll be fun, good kids, whats turning into a really nice course, and lots of days out of school. Hahaha

played in a $10 skin game, 16 of us played nine holes. mixed it up a little bit.....just for something different.....we played blue tees, white tees, red tees....nice change. Six4three5 almost made eagle on the first hole. 515 yard par 5, down hill down wind. He smoked a drive and then crushed a 5 iron to about 15'....just slide the putt by on the right side....he would have cashed a skin....only 3 out, each paid $50 and $10 went to barmaid.

Nah, coaching isn't new to me. It'll be fun, good kids, whats turning into a really nice course, and lots of days out of school. Hahaha

Lol nice! good luck sir

Got ready for an 84 person tournament at 8 AM Saturday with public play going out before it. It may be a 15 hour day for both of us.

Heading out to play in a tourney here shortly.

Up at 4:30 to drive 1 hr to play a new course. Excited

Trimmed the extensions in my Mizunos to +1/2" and put the new Tour Velvet grips on. Talked with my buddy about playing the General at Eagle Ridge next Thursday and Friday. Not sure I'll be able to swing a club by then, but going to give it a try. (No golf until then though)

watched a few hours of recorded pga championship, and took a stab at paint filling my weak pw to differentiate the two. just painted some opi raspberry something or other nail polish over the "p" and the "Bridgestone golf" on the hosel, let it dry, then used some nail polish and a cotton pad to wipe the excess. it didn't come out perfectly, but for a first time it wasn't half bad. although raspberry =/= red so I'll buy some real supplies and try it with a different color. or I won't.

Less finished, on to a round. Feeling good about the future

Lesson, range time with these guys and now heading out for a round.

b0c00e8e2a22244644c6b9a27a1680ce.jpg

3dcc03ea191d3a9acd883266e35c445c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back