Longevity of rubber in TaylorMade speed slot irons?

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
I'm doing some online research and it seems that from time to time there's been problems with the rubber filling coming loose a bit and bulging out the bottom.
Do any people that own a set of clubs with these speed slots have any experience of this happening?

No probs for me

I'm going on 2 seasons of pretty heavy use, no problems yet.

No issues for me either and I have had them since they were first released.

I'm doing some online research and it seems that from time to time there's been problems with the rubber filling coming loose a bit and bulging out the bottom.
Do any people that own a set of clubs with these speed slots have any experience of this happening?
I would never own a set long enough. I make clubs like that sound like I'm hitting a dumpster with a bat wrapped in angry cats.

I cannot wait for taylormade to give up on that tech.

I gamed a set of RSI 1 irons for months and had no issues. However I remember seeing people in the rsi2 testing thread that did. I think that was on face slots only though. I also had SLDR irons for a season with no issues on the sole.

I would never own a set long enough. I make clubs like that sound like I'm hitting a dumpster with a bat wrapped in angry cats.

I'm really trying to figure this one out. So, thumpy and screechy?

As to the OP, I know some people with the slots, and they don't have any problems, but these kinds of people don't go more than 2 years on a set of irons either.

~Rock

I've had no problems. I believe it is the same material that was in my last set of irons and I didn't have any issues there either.

Face slots only for me on the 3 and 5 irons, they are chipped and breaking for some reason but it doesn't effect playability at all.

Not looking at getting a set of clubs with face slots so it seems I should be fine. Thanks everyone!

i have had no issues with my MC and my old Rbladez tour a buddy has been playing for a while with no problems

My SLDRs are still going just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

None at all here.

One more vote for "no problems". TP CBs are getting plenty of use.

Paging MPLefty, the expert of hitting dumpsters

I never had issues with my 14 TP CB's and I played them for 8 months. The matte finish on them chipped off in spots, but TMAG replaced them with the new RSi Forged - which I sold and replaced with my J15 CB's.

I couldn't stand the way their irons with face slots sounded even when I saw good ball flight from a shot.

You guys are awesome, thanks for all the feedback.

Had rocketbladez for 2.5 seasons... the rubber still looks great

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hi, new member here.
I have been playing the RS1's since around Christmas time and love them. I have no problems at all with my clubs "face slots".
But I played with another guy on Sunday who has the same clubs, and one of his has cracked.
He took the clubs back to his pro, who contacted Taylormade.
Apparently, TM are only making the RS1 heads for a year (so he says) and replacement ones won't be available after this time.
The pro told him that should he have further problems with his RS1's, Taylormade will refund him, in full, the price he paid for them.
Don't know how true all that is, just passing on information that I had heard.
Hope it doesn't happen, as I love my RS1's and wouldn't want to swap out, even if it was an enforced swap.
Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for that. It's good to hear of manufacturers standing behind their product. I hope you have no problems with yours.

Back