Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
54* MD3 W-sole.

And headcovers...still...

and....

GGGGRRRRAAAANNNNDDDUUUURRRRAAAAAAAAA

Thats a given.

But better yet, GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUURAAAAAAA in the mother effin Great Big Bertha!

Thinking about switching from 3/5w to just a 4 wood. I only hit my 3w 2-3 times a round tops, but I love the X2Hot 5w for Par 5s and long par 3s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about switching from 3/5w to just a 4 wood. I only hit my 3w 2-3 times a round tops, but I love the X2Hot 5w for Par 5s and long par 3s.

Take a look at the Heavenwood too if you like the 3w for off the tee.

Take a look at the Heavenwood too if you like the 3w for off the tee.

Heavenwood plus a 4w? Or in your experience, does it gap well enough to be one instead?

Heavenwood plus a 4w? Or in your experience, does it gap well enough to be one instead?

I'd say HW + 3W is a great combo. 3W for the tee, Heavenwood for off the deck. For me, a 4w and 3w are about the same off the deck, but I see a noticeable difference in length off the tee.

Thats a given.

But better yet, GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUURAAAAAAA in the mother effin Great Big Bertha!

The folks in Savannah got to experience this combo. It's as good as it sounds.

I'd say HW + 3W is a great combo. 3W for the tee, Heavenwood for off the deck. For me, a 4w and 3w are about the same off the deck, but I see a noticeable difference in length off the tee.

Ah OK, I gotcha now. I use my 3w one time per round on my home course off the tee, and that's it. I absolutely love my 5w, and I was pondering if an XHot 4w might be able to take the place of both clubs and let me put another wedge in.

Or maybe go driver/4w/Heavenwood/4i...

Ah OK, I gotcha now. I use my 3w one time per round on my home course off the tee, and that's it. I absolutely love my 5w, and I was pondering if an XHot 4w might be able to take the place of both clubs and let me put another wedge in.

Hmm - you might want to take some swings w/ the Heavenwood - it might be long enough to be an only FW, especially if you're making good contact with it. In terms of hitting it straight, it's the easiest fairway I've ever used.

Srixon 355 irons and driver.....yus!!

I have Driver/4w combo. Love it, especially off the deck. And I do have 4 wedges (pw, 50. 54. 58).
I will say this, tho. If the distance between 3w and 4w is significant off the tee, you may want to stick with your current set. My yardage difference is 15 yds, and I use the 4w for second shots into par 5's and long par 3's.

Local Dicks sporting goods has the Pinehurst us open callaway stand bag for 170. Sitting in the parking lot debating it haha

Grandura

Putting my Hopkins wedge back in the bag as soon as the 60 shows up

52* wedge. I've been waiting for the MD3, but am getting killed recently not having that loft in my bag. Also wondering if I should do j40 instead.

52* wedge. I've been waiting for the MD3, but am getting killed recently not having that loft in my bag. Also wondering if I should do j40 instead.
J15 wedges are pretty awesome. I have the 52 and it's great. Perhaps the best gap wedge I've played

Heavenwood. Love my 588 3W off the tee but don't trust myself with it off the deck. Kind of want something I can hit a little further than the Altitude 3 hybrid that I trust nearly as much as the Altitude.

Interesting. I like most of the j15 line so I could see liking this as well.

Kang is right the j15's are good

XR irons. Tried them today at golfsmith with the Recoil shafts. Same results as when I was at UST. The 7 iron was 2 clubs longer than my current and poorly struck shots went the same distance as my current 7 iron. If they have another price cut its going to be hard to not pull the trigger.

I know I am getting new irons in October at #StaffProto, but I cannot get the C100's off of my mind! Some insanely good prices online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back