Poll: Help me choose a GPS watch

Poll: Help me choose a GPS watch

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I won a $100.00 gift card from Rock Bottom Golf and I am pretty sure I want to use it for a GPS watch so I decided to let THP help me choose it. They have 20% off right now as well (even though they raised the prices on almost all the units by $10.00) so I think now is the time to buy. Even with the $100.00 I am wanting to keep the amount I pay under $75.00 so that does limit me somewhat. So vote and give me some feedback if you would like. I am hoping to pull the trigger tomorrow afternoon since the sale will be over tomorrow night.

Golf Buddy WT5 Watch - $160.01 with discount, $60.01 plus shipping for my cost.

Sky Caddie Sport Series - $119.96 with discount, $19.96 my cost plus shipping for my cost.

Voice Caddie T1 - $119.20 with discount, $19.20 plus shipping for my cost.

Sky Caddie Lynx - $160.01 with discount, $60.01 plus shipping for my cost.

And if you don't think I should use if for the watch, how would you spend the gift card?

Attachments

• golfbuddy-wt5-watch-7.jpg
    golfbuddy-wt5-watch-7.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Too bad the Bushnell isn't in play with the 20%, it really is the best GPS watch out there.

Of those, the VoiceCaddie is pretty solid, they make surprisingly good stuff.

I voted for #2. looks the best IMO

Too bad the Bushnell isn't in play with the 20%, it really is the best GPS watch out there.

I'm with Jman love my neo xs

I'd go either sky caddie #2 or the voicecaddie #3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opened the poll to cast a vote for the Bushnell Neo XS too. I have no experience with the other makes except I can vouch for Voice Caddie's quality based on my SC 100 Launch Monitor.

Last edited:

Yeah, if they were allowing the 20% off on that one then it would be the one I would get without question.

I have a Garmin S1, which didn't make the poll, and I couldn't love it more. It's so simple. Center, front, and back are on your wrist at all times. Just marvelous. If you are looking for simple it's hard to beat. And cheap.

I've had both the skycaddie watch and just recently got the lynx. Build wise, the Lynx is much nicer. They both give the Nadia of front, middle, and back of green, but the Lynx also adds layup distance and hazard distance. Of course you have to pay for a membership to get that much information. Given the choice between those two, I would go with the Lynx.

I have the sky caddie and have had to replace one watch and several of the Chargers. For some reason they quit charging the watch. Sky caddie has replaced them but when the same component fails it becomes a huge inconvience.

I have the Bushnell and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree with the Bushnell comments because its awesome, but as the OP says these are the options based on price right now. Since the Bushnell is excluded from the 20% discount, its out.

I'm a fan of my Tom Tom.

I'd vote the voice caddie out of those. You'll love having a watch. That's for sure.

The Neo, despite being a bit more than I want to invest, is starting to creep into the picture. Plus I can wait to a day or two to see if the drop the price back to what it was on Thursday which was $189.00.

like Jman, too bad neo xs isnt an option. thats the one i KNOW gives yardages to hazards lol. out of the options i chose skycaddie sport just based on looks lol

Vote added.

I think you would like any of them. GPS watches are the only way to go. I have used everything over the years. The watch rules!

So far, "Forget the watch, by something else" is in the lead". Still a few more hours to vote though.

I just can't stand the feel of a watch on my wrist when playing golf, so I had to vote "buy something else".

Back