Aerotech SteelFiber Shaft Thread

The 110 play notoriously stiffer than flex so perhaps look at 110 regular. I played 125 stiff for quite some time when switching to graphite. Previously played dg x100 and kbs 130x

I've always heard that about steelfiber -- Have never really used any to say for myself, but most who made the selection for the Morgan Cup suggested it was quite accurate.

I have played KBS Tour 120s (super high ball flight for me), Nippon Modus 3 130 (a hair lower than the KBS but more boring flight), PX 6.0 (seems to be the best fit right now for me.

Still diving into information about these but I saw a used set of MP63 with i95 in stiff last week and gave them a few swings and enjoyed the feel. Could've been a combo of the head but I came away thinking of the steel fibersj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play the Steelfiber i95 Stiff in my Srixon Z 745s and absolutely love them. I get a really nice trajectory out of them. They really are a nice blend of all that's good about both steel and granite shafts.

What were you playing before? What ball flight were you seeing prior and what are you seeing now?

The 110 play notoriously stiffer than flex so perhaps look at 110 regular. I played 125 stiff for quite some time when switching to graphite. Previously played dg x100 and kbs 130x

amen to that. went from nippon 1150gh in s flex to i110 s flex and lost distance, height and the ability to turn the ball over.

amen to that. went from nippon 1150gh in s flex to i110 s flex and lost distance, height and the ability to turn the ball over.

Did you got to R flex then or the 95 series in Stiff?

Did you got to R flex then or the 95 series in Stiff?

got on a sim, and was getting good numbers with i95cw r flex in a different head, so we pulled the 110s and put in the 95r. but the numbers never translated to the course. just never got on with the shafts. it was a very expensive mistake.

got on a sim, and was getting good numbers with i95cw r flex in a different head, so we pulled the 110s and put in the 95r. but the numbers never translated to the course. just never got on with the shafts. it was a very expensive mistake.

Oh man! I can imagine

I had a fitting at Club Champion and was fitted into the I110 steel fiber in stiff flex. I have been playing s300 in my titleist AP2 irons. I was fit with the AP2 at my fitting and loved the feel so I bought the irons first before I spent the money on shafts. The AP2 is a great iron and it is now time to reshaft with the steel fiber I110 shafts I have been hitting some cobra irons with the steel fiber 110 in them and love them. A big thanks to rambler for letting me play with his irons. I will keep everyone posted on the final results

I had a fitting at pro clubs and was fitted into the I110 steel fiber in stiff flex. I have beenoo playing s300 in my titleist AP2 irons. I was fit with the AP2 at my fitting and loved the feel so I bought the irons first before I spent the money on shafts. The AP2 is a great iron and it is now time to reshaft with the steel fiber I110 shafts I have been hitting some cobra irons with the steel fiber 110 in them and love them. A big thanks to rambler for letting me play with his irons. I will keep everyone posted on the final results

Which cobra irons? I'm actually thinking of these in my cobra amp Forged. The amp forged are working their way into the bag permanently as the primary set. They provide some additional forgiveness that my CMB's don't give me especially in the longer irons.

I am not sure the model but they are a muscle back forged iron and they feel awesome just a 1/2 inch short or I would have already stole them from him lol

Irons with the steel fibers are supposed to be delivered on Monday. I can't wait to play with them.

Irons with the steel fibers are supposed to be delivered on Monday. I can't wait to play with them.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Irons are here and they look awesome will hit the range tomorrow and give a first report

Irons are here and they look awesome will hit the range tomorrow and give a first report
You still ain't taking dollars from me on par 3's!

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!

You still ain't taking dollars from me on par 3's!

Tap Talking my way thru the World of golf!
I am never going to stop trying. Dam fringe

Short recap new shafts in the AP2s are incredible. They feel great the ball flight is perfect going to be a yardage issue as these shaft have produced more distance on first practice session. Playing golf tomorrow so I will have a real feel for the shafts after tomorrow. Only hit about 75 balls at range but so far it's a big thumbs up

Played strawberry creek today with a bunch of THP ers. The aerotech steel fibers are better than I could have ever expected. I hit some shots today with these shafts that I could have never done with the s300. The ball flight is perfect, the splatter is gone the ball goes where you aim it. I have been told that the aerotech plays stiffer than stiff. I think it's all in your personal swing. I have a lot of lag in my swing I am told and hit down hard on the ball. So I think these shafts are a perfect fit for my swing. I played dynamic gold s300 shafts in my AP2 irons previously and am recommending the aerotech.

I have hit both and the i80's went higher for me but still very good distance so I went with them. I'm still really liking the shafts. I'd say they actually feel a little more stout to me than steel shafts in the same weight range. I have a set of Diablo forged with KBS tour 90 and I'd say the i80's feel more stout than them. And I'd start getting a nagging wrist/hand pain and sensation if I played a lot when I had steel, which has disappeared.
PGG, I just ordered a set of Mizunos with I80 SteelFibers. I see you have Nippon 950 in your irons now. How do you compare the 950 to the I80?

Still have the i95 stiff flex soft stepped in my irons and still liking them. I plan on getting new irons next season and these will definitely get strong consideration to remain in the bag. I have to say if you would of asked me at the beginning of the season I would of told you no way I put these in my next set of irons but I've really gotten into a groove with them. They provide a nice ball flight that I can flight down easily when needed. I also really like the consistency I see with them in terms of distance and dispersion. Additionally, they are good at dampening the impact which is nice on the joints.

I've messed around with some slightly heavier shafts recently and I keep coming back to the Steelfiber i95s over and over again. The weight profile and feel is spot on for me, not to mention the performance. Solid mid-trajectory ball flight and the best dispersion I've seen from other graphite and steel shafts I've tried out.

I have a set of Bridgestone J15 CBs coming my way tomorrow with the S300 shafts in them. I plan to give them a shot but have a feeling a set of i95s will find their way into the CBs down the road.
Any idea as to how the i95's would compare to Project X 95 Flighted?

PGG, I just ordered a set of Mizunos with I80 SteelFibers. I see you have Nippon 950 in your irons now. How do you compare the 950 to the I80?

Honestly, I find them pretty similar. Nice and well balanced yet stable through impact. I don't notice any weight difference either. For me, the Nippons are easier for me to swing in the middle irons for some reason but the i80's are definitely the most stout of any graphite shaft I have tried in that weight range.

I have a set of these (i95) in a new set of Ping i's that are sitting in my garage. Have yet to hit them due to some recent knee surgery. Going to try and ride 9 later today.

Honestly, I find them pretty similar. Nice and well balanced yet stable through impact. I don't notice any weight difference either. For me, the Nippons are easier for me to swing in the middle irons for some reason but the i80's are definitely the most stout of any graphite shaft I have tried in that weight range.
Were your I80 Stiff or Regular?

Regular and the Nippons are stiff.

When I was fit into the steel fibers, I was right in between stiff and reg, so I went with reg.

Interesting. Now I'm thinking I should have gone with senior flex if they are that stout and play stiff to flex.

Back