Cleveland TFI 2135 Putter Preview

We will be there today at 1pm PST and have tons of stuff including a live update thread.

I see that the 8.0 is CB and comes in 35" and 38". Is the 35" version meant to be played by shorter players or is there something going on here where people who normally play there putters at 33" or 34" can somehow get the CB affect at 35"?

You will want to follow along tomorrow for sure. To give those in the thread a heads up, we will be at Cleveland HQ at 1pm PST.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Should I get Up, Down, or both

Im interested in hearing about their new TSI smart squares..

Looking forward in seeing if any teasers might hit this thread due to the recent visit today!

We got a real good idea and a mind blowing conversation took place about this putter and alignment in general. I'm sure all you folks heading to the Up and Down event will get in to a similar conversation so I won't ruin that for you. But anyway, this little mock up unit is a great way of illustrating how and why this alignment works.

Take this golf ball. It has to prongs coming out of it, one at the bottom(old alignment) and one directly in the middle or at 2135.

IMG_9670-L.jpg

Now Cleveland takes this putter head and attaches it to the putter where you can see the red line come through the putter face and out the back end. Now when addressing the putter with your eyes directly over the ball, you will see that the red line and white line match up.

IMG_9663-L.jpg

Now, let's say you address the ball with your eyes on the inside or outside of the ball. Take a look at the lines now, it really illustrates what tricks your eyes and the location of that alignment aid will play on you just based on where you are standing and looking down at the ball.

IMG_9661-L.jpg

IMG_9662-L.jpg

That last picture seems to show why a lot of people might miss consistently right. Honestly This is a huge eye opener for me. I've put a ton of time into working on a SAM and couldn't figure out why I was having that miss.

I'm really stoked for feedback on these putters.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Cleveland TFI 2135 Putter Preview

Wow. That's kind of incredible. So simple but effective. I can't wait to learn more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oh my....makes a bit more sense with that illustration.

Those pictures speak volumes... October 23rd can't come soon enough.

I have been wanting to grab a blade putter and this will be the one I get. Those pictures are worth a thousand words.

I have been wanting to grab a blade putter and this will be the one I get. Those pictures are worth a thousand words.

I was in the same boat. I've been using the smart square and really like it but always thought if I went back to the blade type putter that it would have to be worth the move in more than one way. This might be the move I've been waiting for.

Heading to the practice range today with this one (1.0) and will have some feedback later for everybody.

Looking forward to the thoughts brotherman. I'll admit, I'm very curious about these, but, I do love me some putters.

Interested for your feedback JB. The looks of these are very suiting to my eye and the concept seems simple and easy.

Heading to the practice range today with this one (1.0) and will have some feedback later for everybody.

Good times! I need you to be critical with this one, hit us with the good and bad! I have my questions!

Excited to hear feedback on this, I love my M2 but these putters are intriguing me for sure!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

Im starting to think more about alignment with everything after the creator of this technology kind of blew our minds in terms of all clubs. Today I got a chance to roll this for about a half hour.

1st off, the alignment works. At least to me it did, and frankly based on the tech, there is no way it doesnt work...However it does not read greens for you, or make the stroke for you. That part comes from technique and practice.

2nd, I am quickly becoming a big fan of their TFI materials and the sound/feel that I get. Good feedback sensation, I know what I am doing and why and the look is fantastic.

Finally, the alignment really is unique and once you get it set, the confidence is there like nothing I have used in the past. I went with my 5, 10 15 drill where I set up 3 balls at each spot (feet away) from all sides of the hole. It was amazing that once i learned the line of the putt, the alignment and my stroke took over. I really was getting into a groove with the putter and might continue rolling it for a while.

Did the alignment process take time to get used too or did it come quickly? Second question... did you have to alter much in your normal putting technique to "find the sweet spot"?

I am liking what I'm hearing from the two folks who got a chance to see this in person. I can't wait until these are in stores.

I have a feeling this might be able to take my putting to the next level. October can't get here fast enough.

I have yet to see one in a store, and I can't wait until I do. I rolled my Almost Belly for a few years and really enjoyed the feel of it. If this has similar feel, it will be a great putter to try!

Did the alignment process take time to get used too or did it come quickly? Second question... did you have to alter much in your normal putting technique to "find the sweet spot"?

I didnt have to alter much. A couple of quick adjustments and I was good to go.

I have yet to see one in a store, and I can't wait until I do. I rolled my Almost Belly for a few years and really enjoyed the feel of it. If this has similar feel, it will be a great putter to try!

They come out soon, and will be in most stores.

Back