TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

Again, the numbers tell us a different story.

Plus, who cares how many sets or clubs are released in a period, people are still buying them and if they don't like it, they don't have to, it really is that simple. More is better for us because it means technology continues to evolve.

Some people believe that technology only comes out every 2 years. Thats fine, its their choice. Its interesting to me that every 2 years some companies release "new technology" that has been out for years from others, but that's okay. If I was a consumer (and im the wrong person to ask), I would rather want a company releasing multiple where I could pick and choose what I wanted, but knew everything was coming out, than a company that held back technology to conform to a schedule. It does not say one product is better, one product or brand is inferior or anything of the sort. Just that me personally see options as a great thing.

I like to have choices, I like to see tons of price points (both new and discounted) available to people and as we have seen for the last 5 years, market share dictates that consumers do too.

Again, the numbers tell us a different story.

Plus, who cares how many sets or clubs are released in a period, people are still buying them and if they don't like it, they don't have to, it really is that simple. More is better for us because it means technology continues to evolve.

Here are the numbers;
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/05/why-america-fell-out-of-love-with-golf/

I agree with the second part of your post but not at the expense of companies going out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly why I said 4 sets, from 2013 to current date only the 714's were released which is 4 sets.
Number of golfers is decreasing year on year, that's a known fact hence the market is reducing. Economy is certainly not helping getting people on board.

So 5 is too many, but 4 is ok? Just trying to understand your logic in this case.

Here are the numbers;
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/05/why-america-fell-out-of-love-with-golf/

I agree with the second part of your post but not at the expense of companies going out of business.

He is speaking of numbers of clubs sold, not the number of golfers.
The numbers show that the general consumer does like multiple releases and new products for a myriad of reasons.

Still not sure what this has to do with the TaylorMade M1 though.

Nobody is forced to buy any product ever. You want to continue to play your driver, you can. You want a new driver, one will be there for you, from many different companies. More choices are NEVER bad for consumers.

So 5 is too many, but 4 is ok? Just trying to understand your logic in this case.

5 separate releases vs 4 sets released at the same time. Someone who plays gi irons is not going to play blades. The 4 sets are released all at once as opposed to every 6 months

5 separate releases vs 4 sets released at the same time. Someone who plays gi irons is not going to play blades. The 4 sets are released all at once as opposed to every 6 months

The aeroburner and R15 aren't geared towards the same people though either. Same with Jetspeed and SLDR. That's the problem with what you are saying...you are saying every driver made is out there to fit every single player, and they aren't. They release multiple drivers to fit different players. And I still don't understand how options are bad.

I was really looking forward to all of the awesome M1 talk, welp, guess not.

I did see a Taylormade ad yesterday with an old dude filling in divots. I liked the ad. It was definitely better than "mishits happen" and golfing puppet golfer/cops

I was really looking forward to all of the awesome M1 talk, welp, guess not.

I did see a Taylormade ad yesterday with an old dude filling in divots. I liked the ad. It was definitely better than "mishits happen" and golfing puppet golfer/cops

Definitely do not put a hyphen in the wrong place with mishits happen as I did when firing off an email to a former R&D person there. Mi-s***s Happen did not have the same ring to it in my question.

Definitely do not put a hyphen in the wrong place with mishits happen as I did when firing off an email to a former R&D person there. Mi-s***s Happen did not have the same ring to it in my question.
They probably thought you were talking about the JetSpeed ad campaign

The aeroburner and R15 aren't geared towards the same people though either. Same with Jetspeed and SLDR. That's the problem with what you are saying...you are saying every driver made is out there to fit every single player, and they aren't. They release multiple drivers to fit different players. And I still don't understand how options are bad.

Yes options are great for the consumer but does the market really need a new upgrade of each option every 6 months?

Anyway regardless I am excited to see the M1 but given TM's recent record I am a bit doubtful of how good it'll be.

Yes options are great for the consumer but does the market really need a new upgrade of each option every 6 months?

I like the idea of releasing a new club when the tech is ready. If this M1 is an upgrade, in anyway, to what is currently offered, why hold it back?

I like the idea of releasing a new club when the tech is ready. If this M1 is an upgrade, in anyway, to what is currently offered, why hold it back?

Yep. Me too.

I agree but I like to see really valid upgrades and for a driver that's distance and accuracy of which none of the new upgrades have given me in regard to the R1. Of course giving increased distance is not so easy with the restrictions in place now.

I agree but I like to see really valid upgrades and for a driver that's distance and accuracy of which none of the new upgrades have given me in regard to the R1. Of course giving increased distance is not so easy with the restrictions in place now.

So your issues isn't the number of releases, it's that you haven't like the new releases more?

I hope the M1 doesn't disappoint

So your issues isn't the number of releases, it's that you haven't like the new releases more?

I hope the M1 doesn't disappoint

No it's the number of releases which are aesthetic or gimmick related.
Generally a new release should be a game changer with noticeable improvements.
Unfortunately the general public just lap up whatever's new and think it's better.
Anyone can tell that my 710MBs are exactly the same as the 714s and that's understandable as they're blades, why fix what's already great. But don't release something and claim '17 more yards' when that's actually not true at all.

Unfortunately the general public just lap up whatever's new and think it's better.
Anyone can tell that my 710MBs are exactly the same as the 714s and that's understandable as they're blades, why fix what's already great. But don't release something and claim '17 more yards' when that's actually not true at all.

I don't feel the need to discuss titleist blades in this thread. Because we have threads for the 716 irons.

Do you not believe that the SLDR was a very different head than the R1? You don't believe the Aeroburner was a different head than the JetSpeed?

I don't feel the need to discuss titleist blades in this thread. Because we have threads for the 716 irons.

Do you not believe that the SLDR was a very different head than the R1? You don't believe the Aeroburner was a different head than the JetSpeed?

It's an example of a new release strategy it doesn't matter that there's another thread. I'm sorry you don't understand that.
I'm interested in performance, not differing heads giving the same/worse results

For many new releases are and will continue to be game changers. I know many that love the R15. Callaway put out a bunch of drivers but when people get them in their hands the numbers don't lie they were game changers. Most new clubs don't work for me but I don't look at it as a gimmick it is just something that doesn't work for my particular swing. It is a game changer for someone equipment is to good now to not be.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

May not have the same ring, but it is still a true statement. They do happen.

It's an example of a new release strategy it doesn't matter that there's another thread. I'm sorry you don't understand that.
I'm interested in performance, not differing heads giving the same/worse results

This thread is for the upcoming Taylormade M1 driver. What's your take on that? Especially since Taylormade is claiming that it will be a deviation from what they released recently?

This thread is for the upcoming Taylormade M1 driver. What's your take on that? Especially since Taylormade is claiming that it will be a deviation from what they released recently?
I am curious where they go. Wondering if they go low and back which goes against their last few drivers. Could see it for sure

I am curious where they go. Wondering if they go low and back which goes against their last few drivers. Could see it for sure

I think we see a higher spin offering from them. that's just a hunch

After reading through the thread most people our enamored with the though of a re-creation (w/better tech of course) of a previously released TM driver. Interests to see that, for the most part, no one is screaming for a new version of a driver released, let's just say, in the past 2 years. The M1 name is defiant alley bringing back some buzz to some previous generation TM drivers but not as far back for most people as the M1 name would imply.

It's ok to admit JB - everybody poops.

Back