DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we can have a few teams playing. Definitely going to make this work then.

Lets plan on the 20th. Haven't played in months, so I have no idea how my swing is. Not going to worry about it either.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sorry to say I'm busy. I've never gotten the opportunity to play Lantana. But always wanted to though. Have fun out there.

Really enjoyed the round today Cookie. It was a rough start, but very happy with how the day went. Playing with very minimal pain was fantastic.
I think I can get out and play more often now, after how I felt today. That really makes me smile. Hopefully Phil and I can get out to Iron House during the week. I want to see if today was a fluke. Let's hope for another pain free round.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, I was wanting to see if anyone had played River Place country club in Austin or Twin Creeks in Cedar Park?

Gentlemen, I was wanting to see if anyone had played River Place country club in Austin or Twin Creeks in Cedar Park?

Both fantastic courses! Use to play Riverplace a lot about 10 years ago. Some crazy hillside holes and great views. Twin Creeks is along the same blueprint as Riverplace. Great holes and maybe one of the greatest par 3's in the area. You can not go wrong with either.

Do you have a choice to play either?

Both fantastic courses! Use to play Riverplace a lot about 10 years ago. Some crazy hillside holes and great views. Twin Creeks is along the same blueprint as Riverplace. Great holes and maybe one of the greatest par 3's in the area. You can not go wrong with either.

Do you have a choice to play either?
Ya we can play either course and will be playing the week of the Texas 2 man. Looking at both courses online look fantastic.

Ya we can play either course and will be playing the week of the Texas 2 man. Looking at both courses online look fantastic.

Twin Creeks is a Freddie Couples co design if that does anything for ya. If I was to pick only one I'd probably pick Twin Creeks.

Twin Creeks is a Freddie Couples co design if that does anything for ya. If I was to pick only one I'd probably pick Twin Creeks.
That's the one I have been leaning towards. It looks great online.

This was the par 3, 9th hole I think, when we played it last.

360c0fa1359540e93ab20536bb11de3d.jpg

Any interest in an EARLY Saturday AM round? PV River and Meadowbrook both appear to have AM tourneys so they are out.

Played Twin Creeks Friday afternoon - very nice design, course was in great shape and always fun to play when the elevation changes more then 1 foot!

Any interest in an EARLY Saturday AM round? PV River and Meadowbrook both appear to have AM tourneys so they are out.

I'm out. Volleyball is our new sport, along with soccer. Got tourney's in both Thurs/Fri/Sat and Sun. Gonnt miss the city championship this w/e. FTW is having that on Meadowbrook PV-Hills and PV-River on Sat/Sun.

Possibly. I'll have to get back with you in a few days. Should know something by Wednesday.

OK all DFW guys, this is coming together so I need to know who all will attend. Right now there are 6 (not including wives) who expressed interest in attending. Any THP'er is welcome to attend.

Evening dinner with the THP family;

Date: October 24th
Place: Farinas--Grapevine http://www.farinaswinery.com/home/4574474544
Time: 7pm <<<<tentative
Cost: Depends, over 15 people will be a set menu @ $29 per person

Grapevine.jpg

I decided on Farinas because it is centrally located with a reasonably priced menu. Also once dinner is over there are other establishments in the area that can be walked to without having to move you car, if you decide to venture down Main Street Grapevine. Or you can come in early and let your SO do some shopping as downtown Grapevine is a neat area if you have never been with lots to do and see. And if you like music there is a variety to choose from. Now I'm sounding like I'm on their Chamber of Commerce:D

PM me if you are going to attend. I will need to have the final count by Sept 19th.

I will speak with the wife this evening and confirm.

The wife mentioned something about an anniversary that weekend. Dont know what she was talking about.

I know, but she hasnt told me what she wanted to do yet. Im still a maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back