Fujikura Tells All - THP Interview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It's amazing to me the amount of research shaft companies put into developing new technologies. I'm really interested in seeing is developed in terms of lightweight but stable shafts that we might see in the next year or so.

This was a great read and I really love seeing more from Fuji with THP, fantastic company with a ton of tech and knowledge. I've always had really good luck with their shafts. New materials are yet another example of these companies really going after it right now in the shaft realm, its crazy.

The more and more THP delves into shaft technologies the more I realize how little I knew. For me in years past I looked at the club head for technology and the shaft for a letter (X, S, R). As we saw through other events pushing the envelope in shaft R&D is a huge benefit to every golfer.

Great read. Love getting this type of info from the various companies.

Nice interview here, Fuji has a lot in the works and sounds like there are more great innovative projects in place and hitting the market soon.

The "AskChad" program is very cool, love seeing OEM's open their brains so that we can get any question answered.

• Admin
The more and more THP delves into shaft technologies the more I realize how little I knew. For me in years past I looked at the club head for technology and the shaft for a letter (X, S, R). As we saw through other events pushing the envelope in shaft R&D is a huge benefit to every golfer.

Thanks T2G. There is a lot of great information in that interview and a ton more on THP TV with experts throughout the industry.

Very cool, I love seeing interactions with brands/companies like this, but also the amount of info in there is great as well, as someone who doesn't have near the info about that kind of stuff, these interviews are a perfect way to add to my knowledgebase.

So much info, which is just great. I know very little about the tech behind shafts, so this stuff is pretty cool. Definitely a fan of the AskChad as well.

With all the research and technology, I often wonder how companies make any money with shafts. It's making a lot more sense why they sell for what they do. Love to see the insights.

Man there was a lot of knowledge in that interview.

Seems like the trend of very late is shafts with shifting balance points to accommodate the heavier heads hitting the market.

This is interesting and something I hadn't realized until reading it here on THP!!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

THPers asked for shaft education. Here it is.

This is crazy. I honestly never knew anything about shafts until I learned a tiny bit about Aldila. The project X event and this have really blown me away. Thanks JB and Dean*

Last edited:
Nice!! Going to read this in a second and can't freaking wait to learn some more. The 757 I'm using I won from them and they did a phone interview with me so I got a little insight after asking some questions but not a ton and id love to know more. Definitely a fan of theirs

Way to go JB and THP! That was a fun read, even if most of it flew over my head

Way to go JB and THP! That was a fun read, even if most of it flew over my head

That was ddec, but I will take credit for him.

That was ddec, but I will take credit for him.

Dean did that?

I don't give him enough credit...(sarcasm)

Dean's a good guy for sure!

THPers asked for shaft education. Here it is.

it's a good interview. There are a lot of good technical points in there. The talk about the iron shafts is something that immediately grabbed my attention.

Dean did that?

I don't give him enough credit...(sarcasm)

Dean's a good guy for sure!

Look at the name on the article

it's a good interview. There are a lot of good technical points in there. The talk about the iron shafts is something that immediately grabbed my attention.

That part stands out for sure.

Great interview. Very cool info there. Love all the stuff going on with shafts these days. Really makes for lots of options for us which is exciting.

Man, I feel a lot smarter for reading that interview Dean. Nice stuff that THP brings to us. But I also feel a lot dumber because there's people out there that forget in a day more than I'll ever know. But that's OK!

Great interview to read, looking forward to see where they go with the new tech and want to test out one of their XLR8 shafts for sure!

Very interesting read, although I got spooked when I read how the computer "learns."

A little OT, but I have really got along with the Fujikura Motore F1, the red with a little white and black graphics. Does anyone know whether this shaft was used in an OEM driver? I know TM had a made for version with different graphics, but am wondering if it appears in any driver with the red and black graphics. Just a shot in the dark, but either way the shaft has made me very interested in what Fujikura has going on moving forward.

My head is spinning just thinking about all of the variables that they work with when designing these shafts. Solid interview and it sounds like some extensive offerings from Fujikura for all swing types.

Back