The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

So what's everyone working on to get ready for this? Whether your name has already been called, or you are still a hopeful, I hope everyone is working on something to get ready for this amazing event. Maybe some zoo crew members can chime in too.

For me, I'm focusing 95% on fitness and weight loss. As JB said, this amazing experience is also quite physically demanding, and I don't want to be going into singles with the belt on the line while I'm running on empty. Besides that, I've been working on my putting, because everyone knows a hot putter is how you break hearts.

Lately, I've been focused on getting my neck fixed, buddy, the rest of my body physically sound, and the short game, especially putting. The rest of the game is in pretty good order. Sometimes it seems the more I focus on my putting, the worse it gets. But, I know if I keep at it, I will prevail. I may have to re-read "Unconscious Putting" again, though, because right now I could be thinking too much.

I am playing nine on Friday in KC and a tourney on Saturday for work already.

Then I have my elk hunt the following 2 weekends. After that I am open and in full granddaddy prep mode!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
We will get it set up dude, even if it's during a week and I need to take a sick day.

We will get it set up dude, even if it's during a week and I need to take a sick day.

For sure! September is super busy for me but October November I am pretty much wide open. Not sure about weather though... It'll be my first winter here

So what's everyone working on to get ready for this? Whether your name has already been called, or you are still a hopeful, I hope everyone is working on something to get ready for this amazing event. Maybe some zoo crew members can chime in too.

For me, I'm focusing 95% on fitness and weight loss. As JB said, this amazing experience is also quite physically demanding, and I don't want to be going into singles with the belt on the line while I'm running on empty. Besides that, I've been working on my putting, because everyone knows a hot putter is how you break hearts.
I will tell you, I have spent a lot of time trying to get my driver working properly. I have had some successes and some failures.
I started really playing golf again, see if my handicap is solid.
I now will be working on my short game (which has been terrible recently, but that will change), and my putting.
I have my calendar filled in, and hope to get a lot of practice time in after October (overseed here in AZ), so no matter what happens this fall, I will have a tuned up game for the events I will be playing in Nov thru Jan. Grandaddy is at the top of that list!!

Neb - get that fitness tuned up, so 36 in one day isn't too hard on the body.
If you need somewhere to practice, I know a place where the weather is always golf weather!!

1. Weight Loss - doing very well
2. Short game - Will need this regardless of any improvement that may or may not come with the rest of my game.
3. Putting - Going to concentrate on 10 feet and in. Will be where par saves are made.
4. Irons - Inconsistent right now. Need to get back the swing I had working in June. Its out there somewhere and I'll find it.
4. Driver - Swing is a little wonky right now. I think it will settle down over the next few weeks now that I have one shaft I know I'll be sticking with for a long while.

Mental game! Equipment Prep! Putting! If I have a full bag of Callaway don't adjustments needed!

I have been on the weight loss and fitness trail for 6 months and it has paid off, not so much for this event (hopeful) but just life in general. specific for this event is my timing, six4three5 has coached me on my timing and swing plane, ( more inside out and working on take away ), his instruction as really helped, it is nice to have someone who knows your game and knows what I am working for, ( he had an epic match with Freddy at 2014 Morgan Cup). he is working for a round at oakhill in Rochester and then he is off to the Gauntlet, what a 4 day run of golf for him. I am hoping I "get the call", I will be ready, golf game, learning from top professionals and an experience of a life time with friends from THP !

I have been on the weight loss and fitness trail for 6 months and it has paid off, not so much for this event (hopeful) but just life in general. specific for this event is my timing, six4three5 has coached me on my timing and swing plane, ( more inside out and working on take away ), his instruction as really helped, it is nice to have someone who knows your game and knows what I am working for, ( he had an epic match with Freddy at 2014 Morgan Cup). he is working for a round at oakhill in Rochester and then he is off to the Gauntlet, what a 4 day run of golf for him. I am hoping I "get the call", I will be ready, golf game, learning from top professionals and an experience of a life time with friends from THP !
Good stuff Maddog. You're lucky to have such a qualified eye to help you and oh yeah a pretty good dude to

He definitely has a once in a lifetime week lined up. It'll be fun to follow for sure.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Who saw Harry get crushed in puttski on periscope!?!?

This guy. He's not a machine!

Haha, through research we can learn to expose his weaknesses. Keep up the recon.

So what's everyone working on to get ready for this?

For the past month or two I've been focusing on a few areas: 1) Short game. Having a long layoff meant my 100 in game was bad. It's getting better, spending a couple hours a week will do that :amazed: 2) Distance control. Again with the layoff, but I've worked hard to take yardage off shots and, as a nice side effect, control trajectory too. I've had a couple shots per round where I'm seeing this pay off. 3) Fitness and stamina. Golf can be demanding, especially when you string a couple days together. I've been running and riding the bike a little, and working on my core.

All of these will benefit my game, regardless of whether my name is called or not. Which it will. Hopefully

I've been working on having fun. The rest will take care of itself

I've been working on having fun. The rest will take care of itself

You know I've had a full day and a half to let this one sink in. Having fun is something I keep coming back to. I'm going in eyes wide open, embrace the experience and have fun. This is a chance of a lifetime that I will not take for granted.

Sure I'll sharpen my game up, put myself in competitive situations & make sure I bring the best game for my teammates and captain, but having fun and representing this great community is at the top of the list.

That's what sick days are for.

This guy. He's not a machine!
He bleeds.

d189eaae0c7e10cf8cff053e825729bd.jpg

Had a conversation about #sliders tonight and man, it brought smiles to some faces that just completely blew me away. SLIDERS! Even the food elicits from that are a part of the "unimaginable happiness" that is #thegrandaddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late reply, but I'm working to get to a place where I can really trust my game again. I've tried to make a few swing changes, and they weren't all for the best. Trying to get back to "see the ball, hit the ball". My putting is there, though. That's the first time I can say that in a while. Outside of that, I'm with you on the fitness thing. Getting rid of some of that weight I slowly let get put on.

I'm not in it to win it (granddaddy spot) but in it to support Callaway. Great people and those who have yet to meet them, will see come December.

So what's everyone working on to get ready for this?

I'm taking the Nebgolfer approach and working on winning Gauntlet MVP like you did for the King. Pretty simple, win and you're in. I've been working a lot on my game, especially short game, and my putting is the best it's been all year. I know that if I can travel my game to Cog Hill I've got a great shot at helping my team win and hopefully getting named the MVP. Focused on the team win first this weekend, but definitely hopeful of that MVP spot.

I'm taking the Nebgolfer approach and working on winning Gauntlet MVP like you did for the King. Pretty simple, win and you're in. I've been working a lot on my game, especially short game, and my putting is the best it's been all year. I know that if I can travel my game to Cog Hill I've got a great shot at helping my team win and hopefully getting named the MVP. Focused on the team win first this weekend, but definitely hopeful of that MVP spot.
Love where your head is at going into the gauntlet. Have fun, play well, and let the chips fall where they may. Just play your game and enjoy the experience.

Our best odds by far at getting in. Can't wait to get out there!

I was working on everything, and still am, but main focus this week is my full swing, especially from the tee. Lately if I have a blow up hole, it starts from the tee.

It is a smart plan. 1 in 18 odds are better than 1 in _________.

Good luck!

Back