Imperial Headwear "Tailgate Collection" - THP Preview

I like the colors and structure. Give me one with a random state with a cool shape, like Vermont or Idaho. I'd rock it.

I love the style of a weathered unstructured hat, but it's just a hat with a state on it.

They can market it as a college hat, but it's a hat with a state.

It's also different for us Joe where the state school is Rutgers and not many people care. In some of these state's CFB is bigger than the NFL. People live and die by their CFB teams. Those are places where these probably would be a big hit.

First off, college logos would need permission from the school or NCAA to embroider and sell. That brings licensing agreements and those can get crazy expensive.

Second, the logo is boring to me. Not much you can do with a state but try something. Puff the logo, put it on the left or right panel of the hat. Make it bigger if going in the center. Add some type of design in the state. Plenty of textures (for lack of a better word) to choose from. Look at what THP did on the last hats inside the ! and you'll get my idea.

The hats now look like something you find in a gas station while on a road trip. That's not a $30 hat to me.

Hope that helps

Check out their site. Several of the states, have just this in them.

https://www.imperialsports.com/product-category/tailgate-collection/

It's also different for us Joe where the state school is Rutgers and not many people care. In some of these state's CFB is bigger than the NFL. People live and die by their CFB teams. Those are places where these probably would be a big hit.

This. Its NO surprise they picked the states they did.

Way too expensive for what it is. I've seen this exact product other places for at least a couple of years. Not a fan of unstructured hats because head is too big. The unstructured mid-crown looks pretty good to me. I'd pay $20 tops for this.

I do like the Missouri one that says Show Me inside the state outline. Be more creative like this. The 'models' for each state is pretty cool.

i can see a lot of people rocking these, particularly in the south in more "preppy" circles. so to steal something they always talk about on project runway (yep, i watch that show), i "know" the person who will wear these just by looking at the hat, and that's successful. i would pay $30 for this if it represented a school i was passionate about.

State Traditions, Volunteer Traditions, and now this.

I have considered an Alabama one in Auburn colors. Still haven't followed through with it. Probably won't.

Dufner has been known to sport a State Traditions one.

a187ca9179976e4751f1942d5bd44377.jpg

These look like nice enough hats, but the design is plain to me and not really something that makes me think it is a college football hat. Just a state hat. :shrug:

In looking at their website, the ones I like the best are the ones that feature the state flag within the state outline.

I know all areas don't operate like the South when it comes to colors, but using Alabama as an example, no Bama fan would wear an orange or blue one and no Auburn fan would be caught dead in a crimson one. These 100% represent school colors without having licensed logos.

Seeing these reminded me of an episode of Shark Tank where a guy had a similar state-themed apparel line as these, and the Sharks ultimately wouldn't touch it because there was nothing patentable or trademarkable there (not sure if those are real words). I do think the names of the designs are appropriate to the cities, regions or landmarks of said state. There is definitely a broader market for these than college kids though, state pride is BIG in their targeted regions.

I love the idea because while I am a UGA homer with most of my wardrobe the big black G doesnt really look good with a polo or golf outfits. I have the State Tradition versions in a hat and visor and wear them alot.

They really do go with more than a tradition college "team" logo'd hat/visor. I think that is what Imperial is trying to pick up on. WEar your polo in your team color and add this little bit of flare on the golf course or when you are getting out for the day

This. Its NO surprise they picked the states they did.
I'm honestly surprised Nebraska isn't on that list, and not just because I'm from here, but a fanatical fan base and a single team seems like it would be a popular pick.

That being said, for the hats themselves, I think the price point is way too high. If it had a college logo on it with licensing, I'd expect to pay a little more, but for a picture of a state and assuming there is no licensing required, it is more than I'd want to pay.

Maybe there is something else to this..... Maybe they are samples for #RegionalRivalry

I've seen hats like this before.

Kind of cool. Although it really looks like something made for the state of Alabama.

We all know the country of Texas will have these on for #RegionalRivalry

I'm partial to these (as seen on Shark Tank). The Home looks to be a bit better quality and stitching but it's all in a picture.

texas_home_t_baseball_hat_grande.jpg

Id pick one up if they made a Wisconsin one. Their Ohio hat with the state flag in the shape of the state is pretty cool though.

The quality of the Imperial hats are really nice FWIW. I've got two that I bought from Shady Oaks (Mr. Hogan's course) when we were down there with Nike that are still in tremendous shape after a lot of wear and washing.

I like the quality of the Imperial visors. I have a couple and really like them

I was honestly expecting to see some sort of special feature at this price point.

For what its worth to anyone, the State Traditions hats are priced at 28.00. Not that far off.

Nothing for Colorado or Wyoming?

For what its worth to anyone, the State Traditions hats are priced at 28.00. Not that far off.

I am not concerned about the price, I just think it is the exact same thing. I guess there is only so many ways you can do a State Logo on a hat, but they look identical.

I have 2 ST visors and love them. I am sure if these are similar quality I would like these as well

Hmm, pretty unspectacular hats. If I wasn't told that was Oklahoma on the hat, I'd figure it's a poorly stitched finger pointing the other direction.

Back