Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda changed gears. Gonna look at the following friday:

Ci9 Irons
8882 putter
Nike Method
Numerous "tour" drivers- closed face just dont work for me.
CG 15
TM XFT
TM Ghost
R9 Irons
AP1 710
Di9
Super Black Hybrid
Nike Machspeed Irons
R9 3 Wood
Superfast 3 wood
Vokey Wedges
Fybrids

Gotta make the most out of this trip... Wontt bbe till Christmas that I can go again.

Well the bag is almost set now.
FT-IZ driver
FT-IZ 3 wood
Adams PNT2 3 hybrid
Mizuno MX-200 4-GW
Scratch 56
Soon to be Scratch 60
Byron Morgan 007X

Now I'm just looking at a new bag. I like the looks of the Sun Mountain C-130 in the Navy color. Hit the new 200's at the range yesterday and I was shocked. I was expecting about a club difference between these and my Pro Blacks strictly because of loft differences. The range has a flag that is about 155 out and I am usually hitting it with my 7 iron. Just for testing purposes I took my Pro Black 7 iron as well. Hit a few shots with the PB 7 iron and was hitting on or around the flag. Took my MX-200 7 iron and as expected flew the green. Took the 8 iron and flew the green again. Grabbed the 9 iron and started hitting the green. 2 club difference. Now I will need to change out the shafts on these as the Dynalite Gold XP is just horrid. I'm sniffing around the Aerotech steel fiber shafts as I'm intrigued by them plus the graphite will help with my wrist and back.

Well the bag is almost set now.
FT-IZ driver
FT-IZ 3 wood
Adams PNT2 3 hybrid
Mizuno MX-200 4-GW
Scratch 56
Soon to be Scratch 60
Byron Morgan 007X

Now I'm just looking at a new bag. I like the looks of the Sun Mountain C-130 in the Navy color. Hit the new 200's at the range yesterday and I was shocked. I was expecting about a club difference between these and my Pro Blacks strictly because of loft differences. The range has a flag that is about 155 out and I am usually hitting it with my 7 iron. Just for testing purposes I took my Pro Black 7 iron as well. Hit a few shots with the PB 7 iron and was hitting on or around the flag. Took my MX-200 7 iron and as expected flew the green. Took the 8 iron and flew the green again. Grabbed the 9 iron and started hitting the green. 2 club difference. Now I will need to change out the shafts on these as the Dynalite Gold XP is just horrid. I'm sniffing around the Aerotech steel fiber shafts as I'm intrigued by them plus the graphite will help with my wrist and back.

i like the setup CL77, a lot! glad to hear that the 200's are living up to some expectations (what that really means is that you aren't kicking yourself for not snagging the DF's, haha). i would recommend you check out FST's line of shafts. they're exceptionally smooth and a little more economical than the KBS, which i'm assuming you like, but are made by the same folks.

Also gonna check out some Ogios, as well as some new grips.

Kinda changed gears. Gonna look at the following friday:

Ci9 Irons
8882 putter
Nike Method
Numerous "tour" drivers- closed face just dont work for me.
CG 15
TM XFT
TM Ghost
R9 Irons
AP1 710
Di9
Super Black Hybrid
Nike Machspeed Irons
R9 3 Wood
Superfast 3 wood
Vokey Wedges
Fybrids

Gotta make the most out of this trip... Wontt bbe till Christmas that I can go again.

man, what an awesome list. just based off of what you're looking at, i know exactly how i'd be set up:

ft tour driver
superfast 3wood
superblack hybrid
ci9 irons
wedges for me would include JAWS and Tw9
how can you not go with the GHOST?!

man, what an awesome list. just based off of what you're looking at, i know exactly how i'd be set up:

ft tour driver
superfast 3wood
superblack hybrid
ci9 irons
wedges for me would include JAWS and Tw9
how can you not go with the GHOST?!

Never hit the Ghost. Tell me, is it made of metal or plastic?

Never hit the Ghost. Tell me, is it made of metal or plastic?

i've never hit one either, nor have i even seen one yet, but they have to be legit, right? look at the guys who have recently put them into play, is it a coincidence that they are peppering the top of the leaderboard? perhaps, but it's just strange to me that justin rose puts one in the bag, bam! 2 wins in 3 weeks. paula creamer puts one in the bag BAM! 1st major championship. i mean, you see them all over the tour now, they must really work!

i've never hit one either, nor have i even seen one yet, but they have to be legit, right? look at the guys who have recently put them into play, is it a coincidence that they are peppering the top of the leaderboard? perhaps, but it's just strange to me that justin rose puts one in the bag, bam! 2 wins in 3 weeks. paula creamer puts one in the bag BAM! 1st major championship. i mean, you see them all over the tour now, they must really work!

If I get a Ghost, I would wait for the daytona style to come out. That thing is gonna be hawt!

If I get a Ghost, I would wait for the daytona style to come out. That thing is gonna be hawt!

it will be hawt! but i'm not so sure that the white daytona has the same alignment benefits that the monza corsa does. i've never had a mallet style putter but i would for the monza corsa.

it will be hawt! but i'm not so sure that the white daytona has the same alignment benefits that the monza corsa does. i've never had a mallet style putter but i would for the monza corsa.

I have always used anser style putters, so a mallet feels odd to me, but corza might sell me on them.

I have always used anser style putters, so a mallet feels odd to me, but corza might sell me on them.

i know, i'm the same way, never found a mallet i really like, but i would test drive one of these in a heart beat.

alright few changes coming.

going to swap out the graphite's for some stiff kbs tour 90 shafts. no extra cost (if they dont work out go with the Dynamic gold HL S300 shafts)
looking at either a new shaft for the r9 460 or a Superfast 9.5 stiff (sell r9 then buy SF)
Change the Superfast 3w to stiff (no charge)
xft wedges 56 & 60

and here is the big change, might switch to the Adams idea superblack hybrids(2&4), still pondering that one. launch monitor will tell it all.

hope to do the iron switch and get them back here in the next week or two, then continue with everything else once i get to golfsmith and get some numbers..

i know, i'm the same way, never found a mallet i really like, but i would test drive one of these in a heart beat.

I've always gone with an anser style as well and I tried to putt with the ghost an that thing pings off the face and I couldn't judge speed off that thing is so hot. I'll wait until they have the daytona ghost out there.

Nice work Bridges!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like bridges is busy with reconfiguring everything. that's pretty sweet that it isn't costing you a thing to swap out your shafts.

No doubt. Saves a bunch of $$!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like bridges is busy with reconfiguring everything. that's pretty sweet that it isn't costing you a thing to swap out your shafts.

ya not doing the whole driver/3w shaft switch and hybrid stuff until i get fitted on the monitor. but i have been talking to andy through private messages and pretty sure we got the iron shaft thing worked out on which way i should go.

so il go iron shafts(just my irons for irons with kbs 90 shafts) first then wait for the monitor results on others. pretty excited though! just cant wait till i can finally have a complete bag thats fitted to me and wont have to worry about anything club wise just my game.

He's gonna keep swapping out till he can hit the cows in his pasture at will!

no way! the TM fanboy is gonna mix up the bag?!?!? say it aint so? :D

alright few changes coming.

going to swap out the graphite's for some stiff kbs tour 90 shafts. no extra cost (if they dont work out go with the Dynamic gold HL S300 shafts)
looking at either a new shaft for the r9 460 or a Superfast 9.5 stiff (sell r9 then buy SF)
Change the Superfast 3w to stiff (no charge)
xft wedges 56 & 60

and here is the big change, might switch to the Adams idea superblack hybrids(2&4), still pondering that one. launch monitor will tell it all.

hope to do the iron switch and get them back here in the next week or two, then continue with everything else once i get to golfsmith and get some numbers..

I'm happy for you bridges, bout time you expand your horizons and see what else is out there!

Going from a Cleveland DST Launcher hybrid, the one that I think is the best on the market right now, and I am making it better by having the DST Launcher hybrid with the new Miyazaki hybrid shaft in it. So excited for this one.

Going from a Cleveland DST Launcher hybrid, the one that I think is the best on the market right now, and I am making it better by having the DST Launcher hybrid with the new Miyazaki hybrid shaft in it. So excited for this one.

ya i saw where you posted you got the shaft in, i cant wait to see how this puppy performs with it!

how would you rate the top 3 hybrids for your game right now? obviously the dst launcher number 1 since you game it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back