Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

JasonFinleyCG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Love to see all of the momentum, chatter and excitement for the 2015 Grandaddy. We are all just as excited as you all are. We will be ready for the team from THP and ready to defend our Title and bring the belt back to its rightful home @ 2180 Rutherford Road. The plans are well underway and we will make sure it will be a great time and even better than the event has ever been before.

All that said, I am thinking we should add JB and one other member to the THP team to make it a team of 12. What does everyone think of that idea? Who wants that to become a reality? If you think this should happen, respond to this thread, tell me why you like the idea and why it should be you. Can be as long or short as you would like.

So, let's have some fun with this and if we can find a good response in here, JB and another member of THP will be added to this great event.

Rules
There are no rules really. If you are a THPer and a 2015 Albatross Club Member, you are eligible for the ultimate trip of a lifetime, bag full of clubs and a chance to be part of the 2015 Grandaddy.
1 entry per person PER DAY
Deadline for entry submission is September 18th at 11:59pm EST.

Come on folks....HELP ME GET INTO THE MUTHER EFFIN GRANDADDY. :D

It should be a reality that jb and I are added to the team because this is the best event ever and it's time for redemption!

Love it. I think JB should be there and I should join him in order to get some #Redemption. We partnered up but did not come out with the number of points we expected. Need to re-write some history and help get Team THP get the win.

Why do I like the idea? Simple. More THPers involved plus JB equals an even better time. 12 THPers means 12 Zoo Crew folks, and we know when THP and the Zoo Crew get together it is an incredible time.

Why should it be me? So I can exact my revenge on Finley and bring the belt back where it belongs. My record against Jason has been well documented (by him), but it is time for me to turn the tide and bring the belt home to THP!

Awesome contest by the way.

**not an entry**

12 is more than 10 & that means more dreams come true for a lucky member.

It would be awesome to have the lead dog himself compete and why not spread the love to one more lucky THP'er!

I would be willing to step up to the plate and help fill out the team.

JB and I aren't afraid to take on any of the ZooCrew members.

12 is awesome. I'm down for making it 12, especially since that means JB could get a rematch against Tony Montana.

It also means yet another THP'er has the chance of a lifetime and gets to be treated like a rockstar. It means more eyes will be in the forum following it, and it means there will be even better feedback on the clubs they'll be receiving. I guess the question I would have back would be, why WOULDN'T you want there to be 12 people entered?

I'd like the chance because let's be honest... Team Redemption needs a good luck charm, and I don't see a better good luck charm than a leprechaun.

Last edited:
Man oh man!!! I would love to be the extra person added with JB. Then my wife wouldn't have to listen to me talk about the #ZooCrew everyday. She thinks I'm taking the kids to the zoo, but little does she know I want to go to Cali!
6996904840efb1e7dbd058ade5a7d15c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an AWESOME IDEA!!!

I think it should be me cause I REALLY wanna meet Rhiona being I have never met any of the Zoocrew.

What a better way to see them, then when THP brings the belt home.

Hell yes! More and more dreams coming true! THP cannot have its redemption without having Mr THP himself!

JB and I should definitely be added to Team redemption, if nothing else then to help out with Zoo Crew morale! As I met some of the guys at the Gauntlet this weekend, I could tell there is some concern over who will and more importantly who won't be participating in this amazing event.

Also, you would be making mine and JBs lives infinitely better by adding us to this awesome event. I would kill to tee it up again with YayRod and our uncle Tito!

I absolutely love this idea! JB is a sure thing in my book. Honestly I'd love the other person to be Morgan, but she is probably shaking her head no as she reads this. If not I think it should go to a staff member. Each and everyone of them sacrifice more than any of us can fathom.

It needs to be an even 12. That way, once #TeamRedeption wins the Grandaddy Belt, each thper can keep the belt for a solid month and revel in the spoils of victory for a month before sending the belt to the next team member. That belt can help keep me warm over the winter.

I really like this idea! Why? Well because I know the #ZooCrew is always up for a challenge, and what better what to challenge them than by having 12 members play consistent enough to their handicaps and try and stop #TeamRedemption from taking home the belt this year. We know JB will bring his A game for THP! With my work ethic, Captain Jman's motivation and Callaway Clubs in my bag I know I'm the challenge Finley and the rest of the #ZooCrew are looking for! Because nothing comes easy! Especially in the #Grandaddy of 'em all!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Why do I like the idea? Simple. More THPers involved plus JB equals an even better time. 12 THPers means 12 Zoo Crew folks, and we know when THP and the Zoo Crew get together it is an incredible time.

Why should it be me? So I can exact my revenge on Finley and bring the belt back where it belongs. My record against Jason has been well documented (by him), but it is time for me to turn the tide and bring the belt home to THP!

Awesome contest by the way.

Leader in the clubhouse. It has been well documented (by everyone on here) that I need someone I can beat to play against this year.

Why is taking JB to the granddaddy a great idea? Because:

JB works his tail off for this forum. He cares more about a forum, the people mind you, not the bits and bytes, more than any other admin I've ever seen. He truly wants each of us to love golf a little more every time we visit this place. He is willing to go to extreme levels even so far as to drink Malort, and risk death by flying skulled chip shots to make every THP event better than the last. I think it's nearly an outrage that he doesn't automatically get in to the granddaddy every year. But again, there he goes not being greedy, making sure as many members as possible get to experience something amazing.

So should JB get to the granddaddy? Of freaking course he should! If anyone deserves it is JB.

And why me? Cuz I love golf. I really do, I like talking about it, I like watching it, I LOVE playing it. This event to me more than any other shows how awesome the golfing community really can be. I want to help THP win their redemption and maybe learn a whole lot about the game, plus watching the gauntlet event this last weekend made more certain than ever that I will go to lots of events with THP. What better way to start it than with the mother loving granddaddy of them all?!?!?!

Plus it would be good for Rhiona to see what it's like to have to give someone pops!!!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Oh HELL yes! Let's see it people!!!

TWELVE in the Grandaddy??? TWELVE #ZooCrewers? JB in for #Redemption???

YESSSS!!!

Holy crap, let's make the best freaking event ever made even bigger... I like where your head is at, Mr. Finley. As for JB getting in, it sounds like he's ready for some redemption from last year, and he's already started his work to make sure we bring home the belt.

It always seems to me that with all the time, heart and soul that JB pours into this site for golf and it's members that he doesn't' get the opportunity to actually play the game that he loves enough. This came to mind when he mentioned that throughout the entire Gauntlet he took just ONE swing. No one deserves to participate in the Grandaddy more than him.
And why me?...why not me :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It needs to be an even 12. That way, once #TeamRedeption wins the Grandaddy Belt, each thper can keep the belt for a solid month and revel in the spoils of victory for a month before sending the belt to the next team member. That belt can help keep me warm over the winter.

This is a great idea, the ZooCrew will have to do this when we win. Thanks for the idea.

We need JB because golf has now become so easy for him that he prefers to play at Top Golf. He is a terminator now and we need him to show Arnold how a real terminator brings about #Redemption!

Why should I be there? Nobody every suspects the high handicapper.

I think the value of pops, and I bring plenty, has been proven in the Gauntlet. As well I've shown I can perform under pressure. Team Redemption needs those pops to flummox whoever is going low on team Zoo Crew! That and I guarantee a fully song and dance performance of Bohemian Rhapsody. Guaranteed!

First off, heck yes make this happen!
Adding JB to any team is a bonus.
I have also never played with JB, so that would be awesome.
I have also never beaten Callaway at anything, so this would be a 1st!!! :alien2:

Why should 2 more be added?: Simple Adding 2 more people (JB and Myself of course) just adds to the fun and excitement of the greatest golf event in history! It makes it that much better to have 2 more enjoy the greatest golf dream trip in the world! Also makes it that much easier to beat the #ZooCrew:alien:

Why should it be me?: Because I feel I can help #TeamRedemption bring home the belt ,and since I have joined THP and saw this event have dreamed about being apart of it ever since! And because I so badly want to beat Callaway at their own home turf! So Help make my dream come true!

Back