Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

Who's this Jason Finley guy? Well, he's the mastermind behind this great contest idea.

Why is it a great idea to add JB and another THP member?
First off, without JB and many others, there would be NO THP. He's the commandant of the website setting up events with others to make dreams come true for golf lovers. Just look at the amount of members and look at their post count, it's all about one thing we all have in common...the love of golf. JB and GolferGal are to be commended for all the hard work.

Why should I be included? Well, why not? I've been a member here just over a year and honestly, I can't get enough of this site. It's a feeling of camaraderie with others I have never met and would be exhilarating to get the opportunity to meet some of those whom I consider friends only because we share a love for the game. It's the common thread within all of us. It would also be my first THP event, something cross off the bucket list.

Well first of all, adding another member plus JB to an event of this magnitude goes beyond the idea of generosity.
In my limited time here on the THP JB has been a huge driving force on this forum and constantly sets a tone that makes this place hum. So 'F' yes he deserves to go!
As for myself, I don't deserve to go over any other member, but going would be a memory of a life time. Getting fully back into competitive, grinding golf has reignited my love for the game. Making the Grandaddy, honestly, priceless!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Keep. Them. Coming.

This has been an AWESOME read.

Two more people should definitely be added to the Grandaddy. Such an amazing event deserves to have as many people experience it as possible. JB is a no brainer to add as a member of Team Redemption. He is the heart of THP and it must really suck sometimes to plan all these events, but not be able to participate.

I deserve to be a member of Team Redemption because I really need something amazing to look forward to. I have spent the last three months living in my own personal hell. My wife, two kids, and I have had to move back into my parents house while we wait for our new home to be built. While I appreciate the hospitality, it has been rough having to be back under the same roof after being on my own for 15 years. Luckily we "only" have about two months left, but having the Grandaddy on the horizon would make that time fly by. Plus, I'm just fun to be around on the golf course and I know my handicap travels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really do think this is a great idea. JB puts so much into all of these events, and then never takes up a spot so more THPers can enjoy them. It only seems right that the event he does get a spot in is the effing Grandaddy of em all.

Two more Zoocrew members? Yes please. I have gained so much respect and appreciation for what you guys do not only on here, but what you're all doing at Callaway as a business as well. No better people in the industry, and getting to meet and play with two more of you would be fantastic.

And one more spot for another THPer? Hello! Honestly, a spot in this is the number one thing in golf I want right now. Jman is leading this squad with a passion that can be felt through a computer as if he was standing right in front of you. I want to play for that. I want to, and will, bring that same passion to this event. It should be me because I will give Jman and THP everything I've got to bring home that belt. And I'll do what I can to make sure other THPers feel as much as a part of the event as I am, because everyone here is a part of it.

Ok here goes day one entry...

I love the fact that you're adding more members to the greatest event for amateurs ever! You're brilliant in my opinion.

JB deserves to be in this match as much or more than anyone. Why? Because he will tell you he doesn't. Because he would want everyone else to be first before him. But more importantly, the fact that you, Jason Finley recognize that he deserves it and you want to see ALL OF US make sure he gets in and we will do that.

Why should I be one of the few chosen for Team Redemption? As you can see in my signature I have NO Callaway clubs in my bag. Actually that changed after my Monday game where I was absolutely smashing an Xhot 3hybrid that my brother was letting me try out. That's my 1st Callaway club! I'm 1 year just getting back into golf after a 20 year layoff and have put together an "economical mixed bag" that I've been using all year long. I WOULD LOVE AND APPRECIATE a full bag of new Callaway clubs. I joined THP last year right before the Grandaddy and all that's been on my mind is REDEMPTION against the ZooCrew!

Grandaddy 2015 - Next contest?

I think JB needs to be in the granddaddy of em all because of all the effort and soul he pours into this site, reviews, event planning, travel, giveaways, and so much more. Especially for partnering the albatross club with Folds Of Honor. That really hits the heart strings with me. He deserves to be in the action and be a co-captain with Jman IMO! I have full confidence in my captain Jman though so that's not what I am saying at all.

Another reason to add JB is to make this greatest effin Granddaddy of them all!

We need to add another THP member... Because odd numbers suck of course!

Thank you so much Callaway for this amazing opportunity. You are changing lives!

Edit: And JB sure would be an asset to #teamredemption to bring home that Granddaddy belt!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all for this, it is only right for the "Man with the Plan" to be a participant in the Granddaddy.

I think JB should be part of #TeamRedemption because he is a huuuugeee important voice and figure in the THP community. I think the people who give their all to help reward average joes like ourselves with memorable experiences should be rewarded with the chance to create their very own memorable experiences they help create for us.

The reason JB and I should both be selected is because since becoming more active this year in the THP community, JB has always encouraged us to be one and always continue exploring the depths of the forum to not only better ourselves but help better others. These type of characteristics are ones I continuously strive to possess because regardless of skill some times all someone needs is a swift sarcastic and comical comment from people like JB and me to help get them out of a funk on a hole and back on track. Let's face it, in a tourney like the Grandaddy, we will all kinda have a hidden pressure on ourselves that we will need help kicking when a bad shot happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 is the perfect number for this event. Here are some reasons why:

1) There are 12 months in the year. So every member of the victorious THP team can be assigned a month of glory to relish in the win for the next year.

2) 12 is the number of cosmic order. A THP win will return things to the proper cosmic order.

3) Time is measured in two groups of 12 hours. A perfect balance to the time required by both the ZooCrew and THP to pull this great event together.

4) In the Tarot cards, 12 is the Hanged Man. The Hanged Man is a symbol of self-sacrifice and meditation. JB has sacrificed a lot of time putting this great event together. Not to mention a lot of sacrifice to start this tremendous sight we all call home. Given that sacrifice, JB definitely deserves to be a part of the event since in part there would be no event without his sacrifice.

5) Being in December, it could be considered part of the 12 days of Christmas.

6) 12 men have walked on the moon. What is one of the most notable things that happened when they were on the moon? One of them hit a golf shot.

7) The flag of the European Union has 12 stars, with 12 being the number of perfection. This is the perfect event for any of us to be a part of.

8) There are 12 tribes of Isreal that were all the sons of Jacob. They were always battling each other much like the THP and ZooCrew.

9) The end of the 12 days of Christmas is marked by the Feast of the Epipheny. Epipheny is the celebration of the arrival of the Wise Men. Several wise men including JB had an Epipheny they turned into the Grandaddy event.

10) There are 12 signs of the Zodiac. The 12th of which is Pisces, the symbol of the fish. This appropriate, since I am sure over the course of the Grandaddy, several of the golf balls will end up sleeping with the fishes.

11) 12 is the number of space and time. It is time for the THP to take their space on the podium.

12) As a portend of good luck in several countries, you should eat 12 grapes at the strike of 12 for a new year. I hope to have good luck and be part of the strike that leads to a good year of the THP holding the belt for The Grandaddy.

YES!!!!!

That is my vote, anything to give the experience of a lifetime to another THP'er. I think GolferGal should get the nod instead of JB...He has already seen the promised land. Just sayin... lets be honest she keeps this place together!!!!! GOLFERGAL V. RHI 2015!!!

Look at Finley trying to end his roll as the villain. That role didn't work out well for him INDIVIDUALLY last year, so trying out a new approach!

Would love to see JB on the squad. What that man (and his better half) provides to this community is simply amazing and even life altering. He or both of them for that matter should be on the course experiencing all that is EPIC about the Grandaddy and soaking in the fruits of their labor. From what I know and have personally experienced about JB is that he'd enjoy the hell out of it from the sidelines and behind the camera, but if I were on the team... I want him/them out there with me.

12 from THP would hopefully mean 12 from Callaway. I'm sure that every THP member would agree that would only add to the event and make the experience even more enjoyable.

Should I be on the squad? Well no more than anyone else but will talk a bit about what the experience would mean to me...

Due to work/family I have only been able to participate in one THP event and it was the first King event. The people are what made that event so special. Really valued getting to know so many people and creating long lasting relationships. I think back and smile about that event nearly 2 years ago all the time. I only wish I was able to do it more often and can only imagine the relationships that would come from the Grandaddy. Especially with fellow THP'ers after getting REDEMPTION. We're talking life long bonds, bonds that I would love to have.

I love golf, love golf courses courses and love competition on the course. To be able to compete with the class at Callaway would be amazing and on a stage like the Hideaway. My goodness!!!!

The Equipment.... As a "golf nerd" as #Chad called me, touring and talking shop at a manufacturer has always been a bucket list item for me. For it be at Callaway... Wow! The entire bag setup is obviously so generous, but that's the equipment aspect that I would never forget.

The generosity that Callaway displays is simply amazing and how they continue to engage the consumer makes me feel good to support the brand.

Clearly 12 is a magic number... a dozen. Eggs the eternal symbol of life and spring come as a dozen, donuts that joyful tasty "breakfast" treat come by the dozen. A half rack of beer, 12... a bottle of beer 12oz. But most important to golf, 12 is the original number of holes at St Andrews, from inception until 1754.

As those I have mentioned, the granddaddy featuring 12 on 12 would be timeless and epic in the history of THP. And no granddaddy event would be complete without the grandfather of THP.

I absolutely love the idea of JB playing in the Grandaddy. It wouldn't be right for him not to be playing when we take back the Belt.

Why should it be me? No reason in particular that I would make a better or worse pick than anyone else. It is the opportunity of a lifetime and everyone that has been chosen has treated it as such. I've been around THP long enough to know that whoever is chosen will step up to the challenge. They will give everything they have in order to have their game ready for the event and to be active on the forum.

Mr. Finley, I have to give it to you, that is one heck of an idea (coming from a SuperVillain, no less)

The easy answer is of course JB should be in this event. He is the pulse of THP. Without his vision, this site would not have been started, these events wouldn’t be happening, and many of us would probably have never met (online or in person). He’s directly or indirectly touched too many lives to not be an automatic nod for the Grandaddy.

For myself, I would love to be included in this once in a lifetime event. The things the ZooCrew have done at past Grandaddy’s (and other events) is the stuff that you only read about in books. They go above and beyond what anyone could expect, ever! Man, what I wouldn’t give to be part of that! Just thinking about this event gives me butterflies. What an honor it would be to be part of Team Redemption. And if chosen, I will come prepared on all fronts (sharpening my golf game, being there for my teammates, being an ambassador for the rest of the THP community as well as Callaway and the ZooCrew). Lastly, how cool would it be to golf with one of the BackStreet Boys :)

I've always thought that JB should be playing in the Grandaddy. He's the man at THP and Harry is the man leading the Zoo Crew. That's just simple logic. As for why I should be in it as well, Jason, it's as I said in an earlier contest. You and I both have the same number of HOF tags. I want to play you heads up on the last day to see who helps his team over the top, wins this yesr's Grandaddy, and thereby gets that number 5.

Can I also vote for GG to play in the Grandaddy?

Why should JB be apart of the Grandaddy, because he is JB and embodies everything THP stands for. Nuff said as far as I am concerned.

Why should I be part of the Grandaddy? I don't know why I should be chosen over anyone else. All I can say is I am someone who works hard at his game and is willing to do what ever it takes to help Team Redemption. Both of the THP events I have been to were great experiences full of great people. I want to experience that again at the most over the top event someone could dream up. At the end of the day I just want a chance to prove myself, meet great people, and do my part to help Team Redemption win and end the reign of the ZooCrew.

Should you take JB and one more? YES. Without JB, THP wouldn't exist as it does today. He puts in a ton of effort, and should be rewarded for it!

Why should you choose me? Honestly; I don't have a good answer for that. Probably the best reason for the ZooCrew to pick me as the 12th man is that I am so bad at golf!! I should be an easy target for anyone on the ZooCrew to take out. I am currently a 34.0 handicap. Yes, a thirty freaking four! You need to test some super game improvement clubs? I need as much game improvement as you can pack in a legal bag! Then, lets put these super awesome fitters to the test. Sure, they can fit a tour pro any day of the week. Those guys are easy. Pros probably tell the fitters when they want a degree more or less or loft, or lie, or if they want a swing weight added to their club. Me, I'm at the point where I cant tell if I will hit the ball with my next swing or not! If they can fit me, and it makes a difference, then the age old internet debate of "does fitting help everyone" will finally be settled!

I have a lot of fun playing golf, probably much more than I should at my skill level. You probably don't want to choose me, but definitely choose JB!

JB and myself should be added to #TeamRedemption because we both have experience facing members of the #ZooCrew and we would make for some damn tough competition as well.

JB shoulb be added because, well why not? WITH EVERYTHING HE DOES FOR ALL OF US and I am sure his game will travel well. As for me, well I would LOVE to meet and challenge the Zoo crew, and make life loong friends with them and all the other THP'rs at the event!

Plot Twist! Without JB there is no THP, and without THP there is no Grandaddy. He puts in so much work to make all of these awesome events happen. A spot on Team Redemption is the least we could do for him.

Obviously, that other spot needs to go to Emmers. THP has been a great motivator and outlet for me in getting back into golf. After I stopped playing competitively in School, I essentially walked away from the game and lost that passion I once had. Since finding this group, I've found that love for golf again. I'm playing more than ever and improving daily. The excitement of THP events and the opportunity to compete, while at the same time making lasting friendships keeps the drive alive. Knowing the Grandaddy is the ultimate golf event of the year only makes that desire to be there even stronger. The opportunity to compete for Team Redemption to shut down the #zoocrew is the dream. Through the competition, I still want be able to console Jason as a friend after he loses 5 down to me and has a frowny face on and have him there for me if hell freezes over. The fact that my favorite club manufacturer is putting it on and giving me a bag of the best equipment just tops everything off making it the event I must experience.

This idea is brilliant!

What better way to improve an amazing event like this than bringing JB, another THPer and (presumably) another 2 of the Zoo crew on board!

I would love to be the additional THPer. I don't know if it would make sense to pick me....I sure as heck don't deserve it more than anyone else...all I can say is I've caught the THP event fever!

Is that a trick question Finley? You and i both know JB should be there, i thought he would have won the first contest haha. JB and GG are the reason we are all here interacting and enjoying the heck out of this place. When they get together with great companies like Callaway great things happen just like the Mutha effin Grandaddy.

I would love to be picked for Team Redemption, i really want to help captain Jman win that belt and prove we are not internet golfers all the time, sometimes we play real golf and love it. I can bring some fun and good times to the competition, and also raid the comfort stations as well as the next person.
Also getting to meat the #ZooCrew and see Callaway HQ and where the magic happens would be a dream come true, to be fitted to some of your clubs by the best there is is absolutely amazing.
I believe some international players would bring a different look to the team and id like to be that guy, plus the bad time ive been having lately this would just make it better and me so happy.
Thanks Nathan

If you want to say you actually accomplished something, beating Team Remedial **cough** Redemption won't be quite as sweet if JB isn't on the opposition. You guys are all about credibility and you know you want to beat the best THP team. This is also why I have no business joining him! haha

Back