Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Hmm seem to remember somebody telling you to just game it. :)

My complete lack of confidence in my short game has wrecked havoc with my handicap until I started gaming the PM Grind. Yes, most of the improvement is between the ears. However, this club seems "point and shoot" and the increased confidence is a great feeling.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Hit my pm grind 64 degree wedge today. Such a fun club. I know I don't need a 64 in my bag but I have always played with one. This club just feels right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had mine now for over two weeks today and I love the PM Grind wedges. Best wedge I've ever played.

Love my 60. Stupid easy out of the sand and just perfect everywhere else. My dad used it twice out of the sand today and fell in love

I'm loving how versatile the PM grind is. I hit some great shots today ranging from full 75 yard shots to 20 ft chips. Quickly becoming my favorite club.

I honestly do not know if I've ever had a better set of wedges. They excel at everything. I used to be afraid of the sand.. Now, I don't mind it and I like to show off in it!!

Two rounds with the club this weekend.

I used it on 95% of my shots inside of 115 yds.

No sand shots, so didn't get to use it there. Had a couple of shots the I was able to spin back with it.

Really getting along with this club and the confidence that it gives me.

When cleaning my wedge last night I noticed around the edge of the green circles is "flaking" - is this happening to anyone else? Should I advise Callaway on this? I posted a picture below.

a2539b99586a900810d25730d777c6e0.jpg

I see the same thing on mine Shanksalot. No worry for me though. Seriously considering just going 56/60 in these but the MD3 54W demands at least a try first.

Had 58/10 in play on Saturday. Used it a few times around the green. A couple others tried it out. It worked well for what I needed it to do sat.

Anyone have suggestions on how to pick a loft in these? I figure my Callaway AW has to be ~54-56*, so should I go up to 60*? Just replace the AW?

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Anyone have suggestions on how to pick a loft in these? I figure my Callaway AW has to be ~54-56*, so should I go up to 60*? Just replace the AW?

Your AW is 49 degrees so you probably want a 54/58 or 55/60 setup honestly. 49 to 60 is a big jump

Want this in 58*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. I love my 58*. Becoming my favorite club.

I really think I will be switching to this in the 58* spot. Liked the 60 I worked with for a while, and could still go with that, since I dont really need gaps to match with the highest lofted club since I dont use it for full swings. It just seems to work for me out of the rough and sand.

I really think I will be switching to this in the 58* spot. Liked the 60 I worked with for a while, and could still go with that, since I dont really need gaps to match with the highest lofted club since I dont use it for full swings. It just seems to work for me out of the rough and sand.

Do you prefer the PM60 over the MD3 W 60?

Do you prefer the PM60 over the MD3 W 60?

It really depends. I love the MD3 W for what it is, but if I am going with MD3 SW, I am choosing a 56.

Your AW is 49 degrees so you probably want a 54/58 or 55/60 setup honestly. 49 to 60 is a big jump

Could I just go with a 56? Do I need both? Only reason I ask is because I've seen a couple of threads with guys that have ditched their 60* and even 58* because of the nice feel and handle of newer 54* and 56* wedges.

Could I just go with a 56? Do I need both? Only reason I ask is because I've seen a couple of threads with guys that have ditched their 60* and even 58* because of the nice feel and handle of newer 54* and 56* wedges.

Only you can determine that buddy. I think you could

It really depends. I love the MD3 W for what it is, but if I am going with MD3 SW, I am choosing a 56.

Ya I really only use my 60 for bunker shots and chips where I really need a lot of loft to get over hazard and such. I'll need to spend some time in a bunker with both the md3 and pm 60*

Really depends on how you use your clubs and the type of shots you play. Lots of people go with a 54/56 SW that is more of a standard grind and then have a 58/60* that might have a C grind or this PM type grind so you can really open it up and play some high lofted shots.

Personally I have a set SW as I use it mostly for full shots and I like the added forgiveness and consistency throughout the set. Then I have the PM grind 58* so I can pretend like I have short game magic.

I am in love with my PM 64...i bent it to 62 for some gap issues but man it is unlike any other wedge I have ever played. So good from everywhere, nasty spin and it gives you so much confidence when looking down at it. I tried to hit the 56 PM grind but that didn't fit my eye for longer shots so I will be getting a set of MD3 wedges to go along with this beautiful invention known as the PM grind.

I really could game a pair of these and be fine I think. Even though it's not always the right club, the PM 60˚ is definitely my goto around the green. Hoping for a break in the dreariness tomorrow so I can hit the range and get some short game practice in.

I'm going to have to borrow O'Carroll's again. I'm not sure if it will be in my #Grandaddy bag or not. Need to spend more time hitting regular pitch shots with it. I still view it as a niche specialty wedge, but I might need to give it another strong look.

Back