Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Itll get better... Once you get those bad boys all hooked up!

stuck on driver and hybrid situation. i gotta change out everything to stiff flex, tired of my high right and high left misses and the whippy shaft of the regular flex. so not sure what to do about hybrids either.. :banghead:

A left miss because the shaft is too whippy?
stuck on driver and hybrid situation. i gotta change out everything to stiff flex, tired of my high right and high left misses and the whippy shaft of the regular flex. so not sure what to do about hybrids either.. :banghead:

If you like the ones you got, you may be able to pull a good deal on shafts for any one of your clubs. Of course the cost to pull and reshaft should be considered. It was just be looking at what it costs to buy new (after selling) and just reshafting. I give ya grief but I wouldn't stress. I'm probably gonna put a new shaft in my 3 wood just to experiment. Im not even stressin my driver until after the outing. You can do it man!

If you like the ones you got, you may be able to pull a good deal on shafts for any one of your clubs. Of course the cost to pull and reshaft should be considered. It was just be looking at what it costs to buy new (after selling) and just reshafting. I give ya grief but I wouldn't stress. I'm probably gonna put a new shaft in my 3 wood just to experiment. Im not even stressin my driver until after the outing. You can do it man!

see my hybrids have the fct so i dont have to pull and re shaft just pop out one and pop in another, i got the tp version because it had the adjustable face as the regular TM 09 hybrids didnt.

Yup. When I was looking for shaft advice I consulted Andy and he mentioned you could see a low pull with a draw at the end (weaker shaft kicking too much at the end).
A left miss because the shaft is too whippy?

Damn! I had no idea haha. That's pretty cool.
see my hybrids have the fct so i dont have to pull and re shaft just pop out one and pop in another, i got the tp version because it had the adjustable face as the regular TM 09 hybrids didnt.

I dont know everything about golf, but i wouldnt have thought too whippy of a shaft would cause a high left miss. I would expect the torque would play a huge role in whippyness and i would assume it would leave the clubface wide open. I really dont know other than what I have seen, and I have only seen whippy shafts miss right. Maybe just a shaft with a higher kickpoint, would help.
if a flex is to weak you will have high left or high right misses or both, but of course you knew this because you know everything about golf. ha

Last edited:
Check out the cleveland BP's

I looked at those T and they are sharp. They only had regular flex in stock so I didn't hit'em. I'm pretty happy with my pick none the less.

Congrats on the new sticks, Degoins :)

What is on my mind? hhmmm... I need to start using some Orange/Bright yellow balls...
Anyone ever use them instead of white?
Any opinion on what to try?

Thanks guys.

Man I love the Srixon ZStar's! (X or Reg). I dont know what type of ball you prefer but they are really nice.

I also saw some orange Wilson's that I kept resisting. I used to play Noodle Ice all the time. Haha, never hard to spot!
What is on my mind? hhmmm... I need to start using some Orange/Bright yellow balls...

Thanks guys.

Thanks guys.

I have used them and am currently gaiming a dozen. I absolutely love them and the only reasion I use a white ball is because I get tired of people always commenting on the yellowness of my golf balls. They are very easy to spot and I like not having to try to identify my ball because I know it is mine straight off.

Thanks guys.

Grab some Srixon Z-Star in tour yellow. Great ball that a lot of people here are gaming.

UPS says my new irons should be here tomorrow......giddy up

new plan. gotta sell these r9 graphite's then buy some with kbs tour 90. no swap he didnt have any in stock but should not be out of pocket anything. so gunna sell then buy. then sell superfast 3w get it in stiff flex. then im stuck on the driver situation. do i go for a top shaft for the r9 or just buy the superfast driver? my mind is going cray lol

If that is the case, wouldnt you get the shafts that you were fitted for?

I looked at those T and they are sharp. They only had regular flex in stock so I didn't hit'em. I'm pretty happy with my pick none the less.

Oh man, I didnt even realize you got something, I must have missed that. haha, glad you are happy

If that is the case, wouldnt you get the shafts that you were fitted for?

i have been talking to andy a lot through pm's about both shafts and this is where im going to start. Im working on getting the DG shaft i was "fitted" for to demo in a r9 head, but im having a hard time finding that. Im going with kbs first because it has more of the flight im looking for, like i said previously i could not figure out why i got "fitted" for a high launch shaft when i was looking for more of a mid trajectory, so thought it would be best to go with the kbs (they have the mid trajectory im looking for) first since they are stock in taylormades and not have to pay the extra cash to swap them out then if im not happy switch to the dg HL shafts. but me and andy both think the kbs 90s are what im looking for. Its no big deal to switch them out if i find i do not like them, and i think since i have played graphite shafts in all my irons than the "light" kbs 90 shafts will be a better conversion for me. I have done a ton of research and i think im doing right in getting these, if not then its my fault and i can just swap to the Dg shafts. I understand completely that i was fitted for these shafts but shaft fit also doesnt have kbs 90 shafts as a option so just easier to not be out of pocket anything and try these out than to be out of pocket 200 bucks for the dg's only to not be happy and switch to kbs 90's. sorry for the long response just wanted you to understand were im coming from about this.

So, I'm pondering how sweet that set of XFT's is going to look in my TM stand bag.

So, I'm pondering how sweet that set of XFT's is going to look in my TM stand bag.

Too bad youre going to buy yours since Im winning the set.

Too bad youre going to buy yours since Im winning the set.

Boooo to that post. If you win, I'll trade you your TW9 and Jaws for your XFT set. Deal? lol

Boooo to that post. If you win, I'll trade you your TW9 and Jaws for your XFT set. Deal? lol

lol I'll PONDER that idea..

The XFT wedges are slick. I picked up the 56* for $60 (used but like new) and wow. I hope I win that set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back