2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen. Dont be this guy

141f3951fbfc64a60454650bfe840b38.jpg
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

I may be the only person in the world that power snatches more than squat snatches. I just don't trust the overhead squat portion.

As I think about it, it's got to be more common with lifters on my ilk

I'm the same way. Shoulder mobility issues make dropping to the overhead squat position really, really uncomfortable. Plus, taller guys have a monster advantage if their arms are long enough where their snatch grip can press against the collars of the bar. I'll occasionally find myself using a bar where there isn't even gnurling where I'm trying to grip the bar for snatch. All the chalk in the world won't make the slick part of a bar feel comfortable in the hand.

Forgot to mention I went and looked at all that equipment for sale I've been talking about last weekend, it's all in incredible shape! He sold a ton of stuff he originally had listed but still had a few things I really want at home. It really just comes down to price now to see if I can get a good deal and make it worth it. Haggling to get

Dumbbell set with rack - 5-30, kinda bummed he sold of few of them but I don't need 50lbs anyways

45lb bar with 300 in plates, this along with a bench I really want

Half rack with pull up attachments and safety catches. This is probably the thing I want the most haha

I made an offer and said ill get it this weekend if he's wants to cut a deal. I'm not desperate but would be nice to have. We'll see but on the final stretch

Squats, Bench, and Cleans tonight. I've progressed to plates on my bench, so that makes me feel tough, and I felt like my clean form was much better today. Last time and early this time, I was going slower to try and have better form, but that resulted in my pulling the bar up to a certain degree. Once I started speeding it up and making the dead lift and jump one fluid motion, it got easier and the form improved greatly. Now to stretch out the traps...

Squats, Bench, and Cleans tonight. I've progressed to plates on my bench, so that makes me feel tough, and I felt like my clean form was much better today. Last time and early this time, I was going slower to try and have better form, but that resulted in my pulling the bar up to a certain degree. Once I started speeding it up and making the dead lift and jump one fluid motion, it got easier and the form improved greatly. Now to stretch out the traps...
What's a good stretch for those? I needed it badly the other day and tried a bunch but couldn't really loosen up.

What's a good stretch for those? I needed it badly the other day and tried a bunch but couldn't really loosen up.
Good question. I have no clue

I just googled stretches for traps and will try a few. I rolled a racquetball over them for a bit.

I'm going to look some up now haha

You see the stretch using a belt? That looks like it could feel pretty good haha

My gym got new curl stations today!

bbd6b2c71212bb196dbcc603599f996b.jpg

You see the stretch using a belt? That looks like it could feel pretty good haha
Saw that, haven't tried it yet.

My gym got new curl stations today!

bbd6b2c71212bb196dbcc603599f996b.jpg
Demon stations!

Edit: nvm thought they were smith haha. Thats exactly what I want for my basement!

Wait that is a smith right? Lol looks like it slides

Edit: nvm looked closer and saw they are just hooks you can adjust.

Wait that is a smith right? Lol looks like it slides

Edit: nvm looked closer and saw they are just hooks you can adjust.
Hahaha. Yeah. They are very nice squat racks.

They look nice! Bet those were not cheap. New toys to play with!
Luckily, I feel like the Bros will leave them alone. They're scary.

It's a shame though. A guy named Adam Derks ( https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC4FYB1WFgef_WHZxIujNP0A) has a competition style deadlift. It's awesome but expensive. Some people were using it without his permission and misusing it. He had to lock it up.

Dude sure does lift heavy haha. Nice

I'm not trying to be braggadocious, I just hit a new 5RM squating. I know you guys think I'm motivating you. But it goes both ways. Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be bragadocious, I just hit a new 5RM squating. I know you guys think I'm motivating you. But it goes both ways. Thank you.

Way to kick some ass man.

I'm not trying to be bragadocious, I just hit a new 5RM squating. I know you guys think I'm motivating you. But it goes both ways. Thank you.

Gratz, man. I know you work really hard. Go ahead, tell us how much, I'm genuinely curious.

I think my squat issues are a matter of DO LOTS OF THEM AND GET STRONGER more than anything else. I did 3x5x140 tonight, which (shamefully) is the heaviest I've squatted, and it didn't feel like that was all I had on a per rep basis, though I couldn't have done another single in the last set. I also put 100 lbs over my head for the first time ever (100 x 2x3. OK a couple reps in there had the tiniest of bumps. I still put 100 over my head :p ), so I know I can do that now. All this on a day where I had a total crap sleep last light and drove many hours for work today. Progress is progress.

Bench, did 4x5x170 on Monday. So, yeah, whoever was talking about benching as much as they squat? I totally hear you. I can bench lots more than I can squat, for the moment. Check back at Christmas, I should be able to reverse positions or at least equalize by then.

Gotta fix up my diet a bit, looking like I'm on a Dreamer Bulk, getting a gut and jowls. Blech.

Gratz, man. I know you work really hard. Go ahead, tell us how much, I'm genuinely curious.

I think my squat issues are a matter of DO LOTS OF THEM AND GET STRONGER more than anything else. I did 3x5x140 tonight, which (shamefully) is the heaviest I've squatted, and it didn't feel like that was all I had on a per rep basis, though I couldn't have done another single in the last set. I also put 100 lbs over my head for the first time ever (100 x 2x3. OK a couple reps in there had the tiniest of bumps. I still put 100 over my head ), so I know I can do that now. All this on a day where I had a total crap sleep last light and drove many hours for work today. Progress is progress.

Bench, did 4x5x170 on Monday. So, yeah, whoever was talking about benching as much as they squat? I totally hear you. I can bench lots more than I can squat, for the moment. Check back at Christmas, I should be able to reverse positions or at least equalize by then.

Gotta fix up my diet a bit, looking like I'm on a Dreamer Bulk, getting a gut and jowls. Blech.
Dreamer Bulk. I like that. I'm using that.

Squat three days a week. 3 sets of 5 reps. Add 5 pounds every session. You can do it. 100# press is a landmark. putting triple digits over your head is awesome. Confidence Booster.

Squat tonight was 360 for 5 and then a double. Felt good about it. I recorded the 5. It was really tight form. Darn near textbook. I feel good about that.

Dreamer Bulk. I like that. I'm using that.
etc.

That's bbdotcom thing, generally used in an unflattering way, but was and is a real thing. Eat what you want and lots of it, no limits...but end up really fat, and need to cut massively for any aesthetics at all.

Blu, I've got 3 weeks until my weigh in and about 11 pounds to go, and I haven't been losing 4 lbs a week doing what I'm doing, so wanted some input on how I can change things this last 3 weeks to hit my goal. 1 thought was to add Thursday as a HIIT day, but wasn't sure if that would simply overwork my body and send it into survival mode and not actually drop weight?

For my diet, I've been in the 1500-1700 range and eating a lot of grilled boneless skinless chicken, is that a good food or should I look at something else, and should I be in a different calorie range for weight loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back