2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your impinging your shoulders, this is bad. Forearms should be vertical at the bottom. Where on your chest are you touching the bar?

Your eyes should be just in front of the bar in the rack.

Get under the bar and take your grip. Get a good lower back arch by putting your feet flat on the floor and tucked as far back as you can get them while keeping them flat. Pinch your shoulder blades together and down and keep them there the ENTIRE set. This is called "locking your shoulders".

Where does it hurt when squatting? Narrow your squat stance to armpit width and flare toes slightly. Where do you look when squatting?

Take videos of the squat. I need to see it.

When I said straight I meant vertical haha. I touch the bar down pretty much right on my nipple. I don't do the shoulder locking thing so I guess I'll have to try that. My feet are how you described. Everything feels fine until I get into that 1 inch or so range off my chest and below that (touching my chest) is when it feels uncomfortable.

It doesn't actually hurt when I squat, it just seems extremely awkward with my long legs to get exactly parallel. Ill try narrowing my stance a bit. Ill see if I can set my phone on something and get a video this weekend. I try to focus on keeping my eyes looking straight ahead and not down or drastically up.

You know sitting here typing it, I wonder if this is just a matter of skewed perspective while doing the exercise and if I saw it on video, I wonder if it would be different lol. Ill try setting my phone up or get someone to record. Thanks for looking into this dude

When I said straight I meant vertical haha. I touch the bar down pretty much right on my nipple. I don't do the shoulder locking thing so I guess I'll have to try that. My feet are how you described. Everything feels fine until I get into that 1 inch or so range off my chest and below that (touching my chest) is when it feels uncomfortable.

It doesn't actually hurt when I squat, it just seems extremely awkward with my long legs to get exactly parallel. Ill try narrowing my stance a bit. Ill see if I can set my phone on something and get a video this weekend. I try to focus on keeping my eyes looking straight ahead and not down or drastically up.

You know sitting here typing it, I wonder if this is just a matter of skewed perspective while doing the exercise and if I saw it on video, I wonder if it would be different lol. Ill try setting my phone up or get someone to record. Thanks for looking into this dude

Forget about the nipple line. Where ever you are right now, arch your back. Take your ring finger on either hand, doesn't matter, and find the spot where your ribs come together and meet your sternum. Now, with out moving your ring finger, take your middle finger and press down right above your ring finger. That point is where the bar touches your chest.

When squatting, find a spot on the floor 6' in front of you and look at it the entire set

Forget about the nipple line. Where ever you are right now, arch your back. Take your ring finger on either hand, doesn't matter, and find the spot where your ribs come together and meet your sternum. Now, with out moving your finger, take your middle finger and press down right above your ring finger. That point is where the bar touches your chest.

When squatting, find a spot on the floor 6' in front of you and look at it the entire set
When doing that its lower than where I was before. I'll have to check that out as well next time. Ill just have to get video, it'll make it easier haha.

When doing that its lower than where I was before. I'll have to check that out as well next time. Ill just have to get video, it'll make it easier haha.
Do that little finger thing every time you bench. Press your middle finger down hard. You won't miss it.

When benching general rule with shoulders. The wider the elbows, the better for your chest but worse for your shoulders. The closer to your sides your elbows get, the worse for your chest (more tricep involvement) but better for your shoulders.

Do that little finger thing every time you bench. Press your middle finger down hard. You won't miss it.

When benching general rule with shoulders. The wider the elbows, the better for your chest but worse for your shoulders. The closer to your sides your elbows get, the worse for your chest (more tricep involvement) but better for your shoulders.
Makes sense, I'll do that thing and try a few different grips and see if there's a better one. Maybe I think I'm vertical but putting too much strain on my shoulders instead. Ill check it out, much appreciated sir

Makes sense, I'll do that thing and try a few different grips and see if there's a better one. Maybe I think I'm vertical but putting too much strain on my shoulders instead. Ill check it out, much appreciated sir
My bet is that your touching your chest too low.

Anybody have any advice for a good pre-workout supplement (drink)? I usually don't eat/drink anything directly before hitting the gym,but am thinking about starting. Not sure if it will be beneficial though. . .

Anybody have any advice for a good pre-workout supplement (drink)? I usually don't eat/drink anything directly before hitting the gym,but am thinking about starting. Not sure if it will be beneficial though. . .
What time of day do you work out?

My bet is that your touching your chest too low.
It's possible, I mean I'm not looking down so like I mentioned maybe it's a skewed perspective and I'm not at the nipple line like I thought. Definitely something to check, I'll do the finger thing and check the other stuff we talked about and report back. Hopefully with video to confirm

Usually evenings between 6-8.
I'm assuming Pm. What time do you like to go to bed? Pre-workout may keep you up, late

I'm assuming Pm. What time do you like to go to bed? Pre-workout may keep you up, late

Correct, between 6-8 PM. I usually am in bed by 11. Don't usually have trouble sleeping though, so I'd definitely be willing to try something.

Blu, I'm lifting tomorrow and have deads again, should I bump up another 25 if I can handle it or get back to 10?

I've noticed that since I started increasing the weight training a few weeks ago, I am just constantly hungry. Like, standing at the cupboard at 10pm wanting to devour everything. It's an effort to not start chowing down, and to avoid eating junk during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed that since I started increasing the weight training a few weeks ago, I am just constantly hungry. Like, standing at the cupboard at 10pm wanting to devour everything. It's an effort to not start chowing down, and to avoid eating junk during the day.

Send that hunger my way dude, I'm trying to gain weight haha.

Blu, I'm lifting tomorrow and have deads again, should I bump up another 25 if I can handle it or get back to 10?
Shoot. I missed this. Try 15#

It's been awhile since I've been in the gym on Friday. Should have it all to myself.

Bench/Squats/Rows today. May even try a set of cleans per blu's advice.

It's been awhile since I've been in the gym on Friday. Should have it all to myself.

Bench/Squats/Rows today. May even try a set of cleans per blu's advice.
Have fun. Remember to jump with straight arms.

Send that hunger my way dude, I'm trying to gain weight haha.

You can have it! I fluctuate between 195-210, and the doc wants me at no more than 185. With my knee getting worse as I age, he wants as little weight as possible on it. So I've been trying to eat smarter lately.

You can have it! I fluctuate between 195-210, and the doc wants me at no more than 185. With my knee getting worse as I age, he wants as little weight as possible on it. So I've been trying to eat smarter lately.

If only we could just swap a few haha. Ill put up a WTT in the marketplace. Seriously tho good luck reaching your goal, you can do it!

You're going to be hungry. It's a side effect of getting stronger.

6 pack abs on a skinny guy is like big títs on a fat chick.

Quote of the year. Good lord.

Wait so are they good or bad hahahaha im skinny with no 6 pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back