The Movie Review Thread

Thinking we are going to see The Intern today, as the wife has been wanting to see it. Hopefully it is decent!

Watched Mad Max Fury Road last night. I freaking loved it. Really kicking myself that I didn't see it in the big screen. Would have loved to have seen it in IMAX.

I thought Tom Hardy did ok but he's no Mel, but who could be.

We watched it last night too and thought the same thing, really liked it but it was missing the Mel effect, Hardy was fantastic though.

Thinking we are going to see The Intern today, as the wife has been wanting to see it. Hopefully it is decent!

The wife wants to see that. I want to see "The Martian". Screw it - maybe next weekend we'll see both!

On another note, FINALLY saw Non-Stop ( have tried 3 times, and every time I get interrupted! ) Really liked it - except the whole stupid gun floating scene at the end of the movie - that was a bit cheesy to say the least.

The wife wants to see that. I want to see "The Martian". Screw it - maybe next weekend we'll see both!

On another note, FINALLY saw Non-Stop ( have tried 3 times, and every time I get interrupted! ) Really liked it - except the whole stupid gun floating scene at the end of the movie - that was a bit cheesy to say the least.

You mean Airplane Taken? :act-up:

Well, technically speaking - no one was really "taken"! :D So maybe call it taken 'lite'!

A walk among the tombstones - Aka Taken 5. Haha I love action movies so I dont care much about the plot line. At least he has just embraced it at this point.

Watching Sicario last night. Was a good movie, somewhat graphic but story was enticing throughout. Ending could have taken another route(which I would have preferred) but overall a good movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching Sicario last night. Was a good movie, somewhat graphic but story was enticing throughout. Ending could have taken another route(which I would have preferred) but overall a good movie.

Really want to see that one but my wife has zero interest and I am not a movies by myself kind of guy. Haha Guess I am waiting for DVD.

Really want to see that one but my wife has zero interest and I am not a movies by myself kind of guy. Haha Guess I am waiting for DVD.

My wife went with me and for the most part saw it exactly like me, little gruesome but nothing that she found offensive. I'll definitely see it again on DVD.

My wife went with me and for the most part saw it exactly like me, little gruesome but nothing that she found offensive. I'll definitely see it again on DVD.

You dont understand if it's not Harry Potter, Animated, or belongs on Lifetime, my wife isnt interested. Haha

Just watched hotel transylvania 2 with my fam. Very cute and definitely worth a watch if you have little ones

You dont understand if it's not Harry Potter, Animated, or belongs on Lifetime, my wife isnt interested. Haha

lol - my wife is exactly the same. If we watch a movie and it's violent, she will close her eyes through every part. Hell - she has a hard time making it through Jaws! Most of the type of movies I watch alone.

The Intern actually turned out much better than I thought it would. Really making 'Ders from Workaholics into a serious actor lol.

Reading The Martian right now, hopefully get it done this week and then go see the movie.

My wife and I saw Martian on Friday and I thought it was really good, lots of great acting and a cool storyline.

My wife and I saw Martian on Friday and I thought it was really good, lots of great acting and a cool storyline.
I'm going to try and see this one next week.

It's a good watch Barry, we enjoyed it a ton

Anyone seen Everest yet? It looks awesome

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Saw it Friday night. Wife and I went to see the Intern but it was sold out.
We saw it in 3D. That made the mountain seem all the more amazing.Overall I liked it. Story line could have been better.I really did not get what the issue was with the famous guide Scott Fleisher.Did not think they gave us enough info. Lot of stars you know in the movie but hard to make them out because the climbers have on so much stuff.
I read the book Into Thin Air and found that way more intense. Guess I was in the mood for light comedy and got a different movie.

Saw it Friday night. Wife and I went to see the Intern but it was sold out.
We saw it in 3D. That made the mountain seem all the more amazing.Overall I liked it. Story line could have been better.I really did not get what the issue was with the famous guide Scott Fleisher.Did not think they gave us enough info. Lot of stars you know in the movie but hard to make them out because the climbers have on so much stuff.
I read the book Into Thin Air and found that way more intense. Guess I was in the mood for light comedy and got a different movie.
Yeah, the story is the same as Into Thin Air so I'd imagine the story isn't so thrilling when you know what's gonna happen haha. Glad to hear the visuals were awesome. I'm a bit of a sucker for anything about Everest so may end up checking it out.

So I watched Exodus: Gods and Kings.

I recommend you don't.

So I watched Exodus: Gods and Kings.

I recommend you don't.
You're not the first person to tell me that...

Just another reason to avoid it haha

Older movie but I tried to watch The Loft last night.

Terribad.

Sicario. Was very good. Highly recommend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Saw sicario last night. Didn't see what all the hype was about. Acting was good and cinematography was excellent but I thought the storyline was terrible. Maybe my expectations were too high?

Been watching a fair number of movies since the wife has been away travelling or at work.

Exam - I knew it was going to be a strange movie, but ended up enjoying it.

Inside Out - Overall I thought it was decent, but man was it ever depressing.

Warrior - Probably one of the best that I have seen so far this year. Its older (2011), but I thought the Hardy performance was really really good.

Saw sicario last night. Didn't see what all the hype was about. Acting was good and cinematography was excellent but I thought the storyline was terrible. Maybe my expectations were too high?
Thats good to hear. I've been hearing all the hype and was putting it high on the list to see along with The Martian and The Intern.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Back