2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to sit here and say 6 months or a year. I would love to get my weight down 30-35 pounds. Progress drives me. Seeing gains motivates me. I would love to loose 30 in 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got it. Neb is on a short time frame.

Just mind your calories. Keep sweating. You'll get there.

Scarnici welcome aboard sir!! Same to you TexasHacker! Kick some ass!

I plan on gym time tomorrow. But my pinched nerve isn't ready yet.

That's easily doable man

Hopefully!!! Working out is the easy part. It's all about diet for me. I was once told "you can't outwork a bad diet"

I plan on gym time tomorrow. But my pinched nerve isn't ready yet.
I know it's hard but don't wanna push it dude. Flaring that up would be no bueno

Got it. Neb is on a short time frame.

Just mind your calories. Keep sweating. You'll get there.

Yeah he has a bag date in December.
Cardio on my non lifting days??

I know it's hard but don't wanna push it dude. Flaring that up would be no bueno
It's a wait and see. If I still have tinglies in my foot.

Yeah he has a bag date in December.
Cardio on my non lifting days??

Shorter time-frame than that. We have weeks left.

For you, high intensity interval training at least once a week will help.

Scarnici welcome aboard sir!! Same to you TexasHacker! Kick some ass!

Thanks buddy. Been doing it for awhile just not posting about it. Posting holds me accountable though

Hopefully!!! Working out is the easy part. It's all about diet for me. I was once told "you can't outwork a bad diet"

If you haven't already, sign up for myfitnesspal to track the diet. Was really eye opening for me to see how many calories I was consuming.

For cardio, I do a boot camp style HIIT workout and got an interval timer app that guides my workouts.

Ya MFP is awesome for tracking and they have like every food imaginable

If you haven't already, sign up for myfitnesspal to track the diet. Was really eye opening for me to see how many calories I was consuming.

For cardio, I do a boot camp style HIIT workout and got an interval timer app that guides my workouts.

I have a MFP account. I guess it's time to start using it again. I would love some info on the boot camp style HIIT. I am going to go look for a interval timer app as we speak

Thanks buddy. Been doing it for awhile just not posting about it. Posting holds me accountable though

Oh absolutely, I had a little routine put together but then said screw it and starting get more serious and figured id start posting. Glad I did because with the help of Blu and others I'm on a much much better track now. Also absolutely love MFP haha so easy to track my food and I use the barcode scanner daily lol
Ya MFP is awesome for tracking and they have like every food imaginable

I have a MFP account. I guess it's time to start using it again. I would love some info on the boot camp style HIIT. I am going to go look for a interval timer app as we speak

The one I have is interval timer AD and it works alright for being free. My routine is 35 seconds on 25 seconds off and 1 minute rests after 4 or so cycles.

Burpees
Mountain climbers
Jumping jacks
Medicine ball rotations
Rest
Squat jumps
Kettle bell swings
Russian twists
Walk outs
Rest
Side lunges
Knee highs
Planks
Rest
Shuffles
Jump rope (or air)
Done

Takes 16 minutes and works a bunch of areas and really gets the heart rate up.

Apparently if you get the same timer I can export and email my circuit if you want it to save you time setting it up. Just PM me your email address.

Thanks Neb. That looks really good

Most of the stuff is pretty obvious, but nice to read it. Thanks for the article Blu

Most of the stuff is pretty obvious, but nice to read it. Thanks for the article Blu
You're right. It isn't rocket science or a secret.

Also, Jason Ferruggia is a fantastic follow on Facebook and Twitter.

So sprints... Is that actual sprints or does that mean HIIT where its quick bursts of high intensity instead of longer periods of lower activity?
Both. Simple sprints are easy and can be done pretty much any where.

Both. Simple sprints are easy and can be done pretty much any where.
I might have to look at what I'm doing then cuz I'm not doing sprints. How much room do you think you need to effectively do sprints? I usually workout in my basement and have about 25 feet to work with.

I might have to look at what I'm doing then cuz I'm not doing sprints. How much room do you think you need to effectively do sprints? I usually workout in my basement and have about 25 feet to work with.
I bet if you did suicide style sprints, sprint and touch a line and sprint back, at 13' you get do some really good work.

Just got in today's cardio. Looking forward to getting in the gym tomorrow

Weights tonight; squats, press, and dead lifts. Finally felt what the bar is supposed to feel like on my back in squats, felt the shelf and felt a ton better. Presses still suck and deads are still awesome. The app is messed up and only bumped me 5 on deads and I didn't catch it so next week will go up 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back