Android Phone Thread

Yeah I knew that stuff but I am struggling with how I want to make the switch. I would have to pay big red 350 bucks to cancel my line and I dont want to do that until I try out the Fi and see how it is going to work in my area.

So are you going to cancel your Verizon line?

I need to see what my contract is at and what I can do.

My thought is to switch to the new no contract plan and upgrade my phone with a phone I can easily sell for close to retail. An iPhone more than likely.

That's all assuming the no contract plans work the way they say without hidden BS in the fine print

No way I can make the switch to Fi - sprint and tmobile are just plain unreliable in my area. Dropped calls galore

The greatest little doodad ever. Love casting my phone/tablet screen to the tv.

It's great...and apple didn't invent it. Yet.
Pretty sure it's just like Airplay which you use to push Amzn streaming (and other stuff) to an Apple TV from either an Iphone, Ipad, Macbook. I use it from an iphone all the time. The phone integration is seamless and the quality is excellent. Amzn is an app the ATV is dearly missing.

I'd go for Fi if I switch to a Nexus 5/6 since I am already a T-Mob customer, but I have yet to see a good review of the service and there are lots out there since June. T-Mob is going to have much better building penetration now since these new phones will have band 12, which is the 700mhz low frequency band they got this year. It's still not as wide as VZN but getting better away from major urban centers/highways.

Definitely will be getting one or two Chromecast audios pending the reviews on sound quality.

Some great looking specs there Joe. The fast charging is so awesome I couldn't imagine having another phone without it. What is Motorola's skin like? One of the reasons I went Nexus was the screen and no skin just good old Google.
Pretty much stock Google. Been that way for the last few years. And this being a Droid phone means it will be pure android

Pretty much stock Google. Been that way for the last few years. And this being a Droid phone means it will be pure android
That's cool. I have been very impressed with Motorola they have put out some great devices lately.

So I just saw this and not sure how legit it is but figured it was worth a try. QuickPic is offering 1,000GB of cloud storage if you share an invite code so here we go.

Hey! I'm trying to get 1,000GB free cloud space, but I need your help!
---------------
Install QuickPic, invitation code [ 989107 ], we'll both win 1,000GB:https://cloud.cmcm.com/ucenter/in?i=989107&l=en&d=i1

been following the leaks on that one too. MicroSD could seal the deal for me on that one. Seems to be in question, some say yes, some say no. Little disappointed in the specs on the HTC A9 coming next week. Kind of bored with Samsung even though they have some pretty damn good devices out right now. However after having the s3,4,and 5, I feel like I need to make a move.

Phones on the list for early Nov move. LG G4, Droid Turbo 2, Moto X Pure and who knows might look at the 6s+.

Avoid the S6 at all costs. It is extremely disappointing for folks who have had the 3, 4, or 5. More bloatware than you can shake a stick at. I would also say that the h/w is some of the worst Samsung has put out. This ranks as my worst purchase of 2015.

Interesting thoughts as i went from S4 to S6 and have no concerns

Samsung put a lot less bloat ware on the S6 than in the past and finally made it so that you can completely disable the programs that you don't want, so I have no idea what that was about.

The only real complaint I have about the S6 Edge is the battery. I seem to kill it pretty fast.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If I can get out of Verizon, the Nexus phones are fully on my radar!

I want them on Project Fi, not Verizon
It only took me a month to get my fi invite after signing up. That said, I'm going to stay with Verizon (using the new phone) until the termination fee is under $100.

Interesting thoughts as i went from S4 to S6 and have no concerns
If you have it and you like it, I think that is awesome. Personally, I have some concerns with lack of removable storage, lack of removable battery, and excessive bloatware topping the long list. Having personally had a long and rich history with Samsung products I can say that for me and for my needs, it is disappointing.

Yeah no doubt. The s6 isn't bad, not sure about the hate
I'm not sure about the hate either, I just don't like the phone and know that Samsung could do better - because they have done better. Personally I was looking for a mobile device that exceeded the not bad benchmark.

Samsung put a lot less bloat ware on the S6 than in the past and finally made it so that you can completely disable the programs that you don't want, so I have no idea what that was about.

The only real complaint I have about the S6 Edge is the battery. I seem to kill it pretty fast.

There is in fact more bloatware on this phone than previous versions. It may feel less cluttered to you, but there is more of it. While they do give you the ability to disable it more easily, you can not remove it unless you root your phone.

Admittedly I am a bit annoyed with Samsung and the S6 but my intent here was just to share my honest feedback on a mobile device that I own, not to pee on anyone's Cheerios or spread hate. :hug-left::hug-right:

Salud

Back