Android Phone Thread

It only took me a month to get my fi invite after signing up. That said, I'm going to stay with Verizon (using the new phone) until the termination fee is under $100.
How does the termination fee change? I thought it was a standard fee if you cancel service.

How does the termination fee change? I thought it was a standard fee if you cancel service.

it decreases every month under contract. How much is carrier dependent

it decreases every month under contract. How much is carrier dependent
Interesting thanks for the information. I just assumed it was the same fee no matter when you cancelled.

Verizon is 350 and decreases a certain amount each month u have service. I also learned the amount it decreases fluctuates as well

Verizon is 350 and decreases a certain amount each month u have service. I also learned the amount it decreases fluctuates as well

$10 from months 8-18, $20 or $40 from months 19-23 and $60 the final month IIRC

I am getting a new phone this weekend and am debating between the S6 Edge+, Note 5, and the LG G4. Anyone have any of the three or would recommend another smartphone to throw in the mix?

I am getting a new phone this weekend and am debating between the S6 Edge+, Note 5, and the LG G4. Anyone have any of the three or would recommend another smartphone to throw in the mix?

The new Nexus phones if you can. The Moto Pure X looks really good as well for more mid to top level phone

Updated my Nexus 5 with the Marshmallow update and its like a whole new phone. I mean the thing just RIPS right now. Battery life is better than usual on day 1 too.

Good stuff.

Anyone heard of the Battery Saver App for Android, I think it's called CM Security or something like that. I saw an add for it, but not sure if to trust it or not.

I've got the note 5 and have absolutely no complaints. It's pretty awesome imo

Anyone heard of the Battery Saver App for Android, I think it's called CM Security or something like that. I saw an add for it, but not sure if to trust it or not.

Android has built in battery management. Any and all battery management apps that kill programs in the background actually cause more issues than the solve.

Android has built in battery management. Any and all battery management apps that kill programs in the background actually cause more issues than the solve.
Awesome...thanks Joe, I'll pass on it then!!

what did you end up with?

Nexus 6p, 5x or unannounced Droid Turbo 2.

Decision will be made in early november.

Yep spot on

Nexus 6p, 5x or unannounced Droid Turbo 2.

Decision will be made in early november.
Nice. Any of those will be killer. I'm an LG / HTC fanboy, so the 5x is what I'll be rocking come end of October.

Nice. Any of those will be killer. I'm an LG / HTC fanboy, so the 5x is what I'll be rocking come end of October.

I am done with LG and their phones (5x is another story). They absolutely Killed the Lg G2 with the Lollipop update and have since abandoned it. Before Lollipop, I was getting incredible battery life and an overall fantastic phone. Since the lollipop update at the beginning of the year, the phone is terrible. lags, gets hot, stops sending and receiving messages, and the battery life is absolutely atrocious. They might think of it as planned obsolescence, but I look at it as a great way to turn me off from any of their products.

I am done with LG and their phones (5x is another story). They absolutely Killed the Lg G2 with the Lollipop update and have since abandoned it. Before Lollipop, I was getting incredible battery life and an overall fantastic phone. Since the lollipop update at the beginning of the year, the phone is terrible. lags, gets hot, stops sending and receiving messages, and the battery life is absolutely atrocious. They might think of it as planned obsolescence, but I look at it as a great way to turn me off from any of their products.

5.0 was garbage on almost every device. 5.0.1 solved a lot of problems but outliers were still there. 5.1.1 has solved all of my problems on the G3 and my battery life is back to pre-Lollipop.

The latest update happened a couple days ago for me so not sure who all has received it.

I had great luck with Juice defender. I certainly felt like it increased my battery life by a good bit.

It doesn't just kill apps. It manages when your emails are pushed and when your phone uses certain functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im always sketched out with certain apps especially when you look at the list of permissions some of them have. It's crazy what some of them have access to

Hmm that's odd I got the Lollipop update for my S4 before getting my Nexus 6
Same here (got the update before colleague got the update on his n6).

Back