Glove Testing Round #1

I went out and played 18 this morning, I used the FJ SofJoy, my third round of 18 with this glove. Conditions were sunny, humid, 100* and I shot an 83.

I still like this glove but did find a flaw with it in the heat. The palm and index finger are made from a softer leather than the rest of the glove and when you remove it in hot conditions these areas really stretch. When I went to put the glove back on the index finger was an inch longer than the rest and I had to work it back on. Other than that the glove performed fine with no sweat through or slipping issues. After the third round the glove is holding up very well with very little wear and is still soft and supple. I am impressed with how cool this glove keeps your hand and the durability of it. I also can't say enough about the ball marker, just a nice little extra touch. I will be playing 18 tomorrow with the FJ Pure Touch, it's third round as well, and will report on it.
Glovereview003.jpg

Glovereview002.jpg

Glovereview001-1.jpg

I had a chance to use both gloves yesterday. I wore the Bionic Pro for eight holes and the Adidas Inertia for six holes.

Conditions: Around 80° and not humid. Sunny.

Bionic Pro
Again, I thought this glove fit well and had a good amount of feel, especially for a padded glove. It's hard for me to comment on some of the other properties that Bionic claims this glove has. I've never had "hand fatigue", so I don't know if the glove prevents it. Also, my distances were exactly the same, so I don't think that this glove gave me more club-head speed.

This glove kept my hand reasonably cool, but I did notice that it began to show signs of sweat soaking through towards the end of the time I used it. That's kind of a pet peeve of mine when it comes to gloves and is the reason that I've quit using other ones.

I did notice what some others have said about the leather not being cut that well around some of the seams. It didn't really bother me, but it is definitely there. I do think that this glove takes on a fair amount of wear and tear due to it being made of such a soft leather. After using it yesterday, I would say that it is a good glove, but it would not replace my current glove of choice. The price certainly backs that sentiment up. It doesn't offer me anything that is worth the extra money. I will gladly wear it, but I don't think that I would purchase it.

Here is a pic after my round:

utf-8BSU1HMDA5MzEtMjAxMDA3MjUtMTgwMS5qcGc.jpg

Adidas Inertia

I came away with a slightly different view of this glove after today. I usually take my glove off in-between shots, and because of that, I didn't notice as much of the slimy feeling that I experienced at the range. The glove is thicker, but very comfortable and I was able to get a good grip with it. It seems very durable due to the thicker material.

I don't know that this glove would replace mine, but I think I was a bit harsh with my initial judgement.

utf-8BSU1HMDA5MzAtMjAxMDA3MjUtMTgwMS5qcGc.jpg

I will continue with updates as I have them.

Degoins, that Fj is holding up pretty well for 3 rounds.

oh, and how often have you actually thought to use the ball marker attached to it?

Thank you again for all of the feedback everybody. Still missing in action is someone. If anybody knows Cja09, please do send him a pm for us. We have sent two without any returns or info. We hate to have someone put a minor scar on great testing and feedback by everybody else. But companies send in products in situations for us to pass on to forum members for honest feedback. If people receive goods after asking for them and then vanish, it makes us hard to go back to those companies and ask for more testing to be done like this.

Thanks again to everybody that tested gloves and continues to provide great feedback to everybody.

I got to play again today, and tested both gloves.

Played Isla Del Sol in St. Petersburg, FL. Temp high 80's (would have been mid-90's if not for clouds due incoming rain). It drizzled a little on the back nine. I used the Spider2 on the front 9, and the TaylorMade on the back 9. And I left the gloves in the trunk of my car for 3 days. It's been 95+, and I thought this would be a good durability test. More comments on this below:

Thoughts:
Spider2. I am liking this glove more and more. For one, it fits just right. I normally am between L and XL. This L fits me perfectly. The glove is not too thick, and even though it is not a players cabretta glove like theTaylorMade, I am not losing any feel. Durability is excellent - this glove is not really showing much wear and it appears as if it will last a long time.

Of note, leaving the glove in the car did not make the glove dry or hard. It held up well.

Taylor Made Cabretta:
As mentioned before, the fit is a tad tight. Because of this, I leave it on for putting which I do not normally do. The glove is soft, but not appreciably mroe so than the Spider2. Now, I did play this when it drizzled a little, and I was assuming I would have some slippage issues. But this was not the case. This glove is showing more wear marks than the Spider2, but this is too be expected.

Leaving the glove in the car did cause the leather to dry out a little - I don't recommend doing this.

Right now, I would choose the Spider2 hands down for my game. While it has a touch less feel than the Taylor Made, I don't use a glove normally (putting and chipping) where feel is a large consideration. But the Spider2 fits better, seems more durable, and does provide a more secure hold on the club.

I will post pics later.

I was able to play a quick 9 holes Sunday morning, and used theTaylor Made Tour Preferred Cabretta exclusively this time. I played really well. I played an executive course, and shot even par. So, this is back toback 9's for me playing really good golf. Is it the glove? I don't think so, but the glove certainly is not hurting. It is comfortable, thin, breathes fairly well, and looks good. It provides a secure fit on the club. I will say that my New Decade grips definitely help with this - I would not want to use this glove with Tour Velvet grips.

Right now, I am thinking of using 2 gloves for my game:
Foot Joy Spider2 - use for practice and during wet weather
Taylor Made Tour Preferred - use when playing rounds of golf in dry weather.

As mentioned earlier, if interested in purchasing the Taylor Made and you are oftentimes between sizes, go with the Larger size as it runs a little small.

oh, and how often have you actually thought to use the ball marker attached to it?

I use it every time I don't need to fix a divot T. It's really handy and I love that its flat. I also noticed something I like about it also and thats the fact the marker is white. It makes it very easy to spot on the green. I have a report on the Pure Touch coming, I played two rounds with it the last few days so thats five in all with it. I'll post it after the wife gets home so I can take pics, my bags in the trunk.

I use it every time I don't need to fix a divot T. It's really handy and I love that its flat. I also noticed something I like about it also and thats the fact the marker is white. It makes it very easy to spot on the green. I have a report on the Pure Touch coming, I played two rounds with it the last few days so thats five in all with it. I'll post it after the wife gets home so I can take pics, my bags in the trunk.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I have a buddy that needs this glove because I am tired of lending him my ball marker. Now if they will just make a glove with a divot tool I wont have to lend him that either....haha

Just used the Taylormade Stratus yesterday in the 100* heat and I am still very impressed with this glove. I shot 79 with this glove and its really great! It held up wonderfully in the extreme georgia heat.

Need to get the pics up but I practiced 3x and had two rounds with the StaSof. The last round was Sunday and it was humid for AZ. Started off hot and then monsoon clouds rolled in. The glove once again held up extremely well. My hand was dry and the glove came off/on with ease.

The glove did not warp and I didnt have any issues with the fingers stretching. I'm thinking the heat keeps the glove sane. I did notice some of the stitching was stuck on the velcro but still no rips or tears. The leather has held up nicely with just some signs of wear (pictures to follow). I really love this glove for the heat we have.

I will do this week with the Srixon glove. I will put it through a lesson and some range time today (indoors). I will get out Friday or Thursday (most like Thurs) and once again this weekend. I'm on call but I should be able to make the second round.

I'm doing my tests a little different I think so please bear with me! Ill do this week with the srixon and have some final thoughts on each glove. But longer term testing will continue and Ill post thoughts after that.

I played the last two days, 18 holes each day, with the Footjoy Pure Touch. I have played a total of four rounds so far with this glove. The conditions both days were hot and humid, 100* and sunny.

I have to say this is the most comfortable glove I have ever played with. After four rounds of very hot and humid conditions this glove has performed flawlessly with no slippage or sweat through. As you can see in the pictures there is very minimal wear, only discoloration. The leather is still soft and very tacky. I would also like to add that I haven't babied the gloves, they are put in my bag and left in the trunk and yet the leather is still soft. I can't say enough about the fit, it really conforms to your hand and has ne excess material at the fingertips. Of the two gloves this is clearly my favorite, now I just need to see how many rounds I can get out of each. So far I'm expecting atleast 10 rounds from both looking at the minimal wear.

Glovereview007-1.jpg

Glovereview006-1.jpg

Glovereview010-1.jpg

i've just reread the thread b/c i am finding the serious need for a glove, at least in the hot, humid months. i believe i'll always prefer not wearing one, but that could change. i found a bionic pro glove yesterday that fit me perfectly at golfusa, and i hit a few balls in their hitting bay with it on. i would like to thank hawk and bridges for their review on this glove, i think it's going in my bag as of today.

i've just reread the thread b/c i am finding the serious need for a glove, at least in the hot, humid months. i believe i'll always prefer not wearing one, but that could change. i found a bionic pro glove yesterday that fit me perfectly at golfusa, and i hit a few balls in their hitting bay with it on. i would like to thank hawk and bridges for their review on this glove, i think it's going in my bag as of today.

Glad you found one, TC!

Great pics Degoins! Really brought home your review!

Took the ol' Srixon Hi Brid out for a test run yesterday. It was a heavier glove. I was indoors but I got a good two hours in for practice. Had my first lesson in 15 yrs and hit some balls too. It definitely feels more like a receivers/batting glove to the touch. I didn't adjust the glove at all through my session and it held up well. There wasnt any stretching of any kind. I thought because the palm area was a little darker it may not show the dirt as much. It showed some but I was surprised it picked up the yellow on my grips.

I had to adjust my grip pressure with this glove. Once I did all was good. The flexibility is where this glove definitely shines. I felt no restrictions at all. It breathed really well for what was seemingly a heavier glove. My hands stayed dry and there werent any issues there.

I'm a little concerned about the feedback. It felt very muted. Which I like for bad shots lol but I really missed the feel of a good shot. In the long run it may be better but we will see. I will have to post pictures later, at work and we're starting to pick up today..

just a small update. Havent got to play a whole lately we have had some pretty good storms the last few days. But i have been putting my attention on the Bionic pro for right now and will go back and test the Bionic performance some more.

The pro contiunes to feel great and do everything i want it to. Now i dont think it helps with lowering your scores but it does keep my hand comfortable. There is 2 complaints i have though.
1. The stitching frays pretty easy on the palm area and starting to see some on the fingers.
2. The price. This glove is $39.99 and if im paying 40 bucks for a glove i want it to last the whole season and do exactly what i want it to.

Dont get me wrong its a very good glove but i expect this thing to last a whole season and not show any signs of durability issues like im seeing in just a couple weeks of using it. Just thought id give a short little update. Il use this thing till it falls apart. And more on the performance glove later.

Below is a couple of my previous reviews about them, i think there is one review i left out. thanks for reading.

Spoiler
Alright well i just got the gloves in about an hour ago and tried them on and messed around with him. I will give you the pictures first so you can see them before i start giving thoughts about them..

First initial thoughts.
I will describe the glove then list what it feels like on the club for both gloves.

BIONIC PERFORMANCE GLOVE
The glove reminded exactly like a baseball glove, it had added padding around the fingers and palm. The fit was perfect. it felt exactly like i wanted it to on my hand (tightness wise). It was bulky on my fingers because of the extra padding in the middle, ring, and pinky fingers. Has a lot of slits/vents (26 to be exact) in the palm, and fingers so that your hand can breathe and I really liked that because with the humidity and heat down here your hands sweat and this should allow for a lot of breathing for your hand. I really liked the looks of this better than the Pro, but it just reminded me so much of a baseball glove and I am not sure how this is going to turn out on the course because i like to feel the grip and not have padding in the way on the fingers, the rest of the glove was fine just the finger area part. little more on this glove down below...

BIONIC PERFORMANCE GLOVE AND THOUGHTS ABOUT IT ON THE CLUB
Alright i put it on, grabbed the 7 iron and headed outside to swing some. As soon as i took my grip it did not feel very good to me, felt really weird and bulky, it made me try to grip the club harder so i could get the feel of the grip instead of that bulkiness in the middle, ring and pinky fingers. you can see in the pictures how the glove is different there in those fingers than the rest of the glove and that's where the bulky feel came from. The slits on the fingers where kind of annoying but not terribly bad. Like i said it reminded me a lot of a baseball glove which i was used to but did not know how i would like that on a golf club. so far not real good for me and what i like in a golf glove but still a lot of testing to be done. just need a little time getting used to it.

BIONIC PRO GLOVE
When i first saw the package that it came in, i said "this must be a nice glove if it gets its own special box" so i was really excited to get it out and try it on. Its a simple glove, not crazy with colors just some black and blue on there and a clean look. It fits a tad tighter than the performance did but not a whole lot that would make a big difference. It has small holes in the index, thumb, and pinky fingers and also has slits for breathing. (see pictures above). Does not have that bulky feel that i got with the performance glove. it has some padding in the upper palm area that you can notice but its not annoying at all.

BIONIC PRO GLOVE AND THOUGHTS ABOUT IT ON THE CLUB
Slipped this bad boy on after I swung a few times with the performance and immediately it just felt better and what i wanted in a glove. Did not have the bulky finger parts like i felt in the other glove and just felt nice. I picked up the 7 iron and took my grip and swung it around a few times trying out a few times and it really impressed me. Now it also has slits in it but they are not as big as whats in the performance glove nor as bulky feeling so i really did not notice them that much. The only complaint i have so far is that the black slit things between the fingers kind of bunch up when i take my grip and make it feel a little weird between there, but its manageable and not really a huge annoying feel just something i thought i would point out. you can see the black slits between the fingers in the picture so you know what I am talking about.

Comparing them to my current Taylormade React glove both bionic's are thicker than it, but they also fit better on my hand (tightness wise) and all three are medium sized gloves. I can also tell that both the performance and pro will last a lot longer than what a brand new TM react glove would, and I hope they do because of the price difference. They are not cheap but they're very very well made gloves and i understand why they're priced higher.

Im excited to test them out some more and see how they do in the Texas heat/humidity, and other factors. I will have another review in a couple of days or so. thanks for reading!

Spoiler
well we had a light rain about an hour ago so id thought id go out and test the Bionic Pro glove in it before it started to pour. I got it a little wet first then hit about 8 shots into the pasture and everything was fine no slipping and my hand was perfectly dry when i pulled it out of the glove. So i slipped it back on and went out in the pasture to hit the balls back, saw a ball just over the neighbors fence and hopped over it and looked down and the glove had this layer of maroon paint on it from the fence and i was pissed at myself because i didnt even think about it lol got back to the house washed it off with some water and for the most part it came off but still some light staining on it which is all my fault, but i was happy to see that it cleaned up very nice with a simple wash/scrub. The pro continues to impress me with its performance. I did not get a chance to test the Performance glove in it as it started pouring when i got back inside the house.. thanks for reading!

here is my first review below(second review is quoted above), put it in spoilers to save room..
Took the pictures out to save a little room, but they can be seen on page 5.

Last edited:
I played the last two days, 18 holes each day, with the Footjoy Pure Touch. I have played a total of four rounds so far with this glove. The conditions both days were hot and humid, 100* and sunny.

I have to say this is the most comfortable glove I have ever played with. After four rounds of very hot and humid conditions this glove has performed flawlessly with no slippage or sweat through. As you can see in the pictures there is very minimal wear, only discoloration. The leather is still soft and very tacky. I would also like to add that I haven't babied the gloves, they are put in my bag and left in the trunk and yet the leather is still soft. I can't say enough about the fit, it really conforms to your hand and has ne excess material at the fingertips. Of the two gloves this is clearly my favorite, now I just need to see how many rounds I can get out of each. So far I'm expecting atleast 10 rounds from both looking at the minimal wear.

Glovereview007-1.jpg

Glovereview006-1.jpg

Glovereview010-1.jpg

Seems as though this glove is getting dirty very quickly. 4 rounds is not a lot for it to be that dirty. IMO. When I play, i can go quite a few rounds. Mabe it differs from one person to the next.

just a small update. Havent got to play a whole lately we have had some pretty good storms the last few days. But i have been putting my attention on the Bionic pro for right now and will go back and test the Bionic performance some more.

The pro contiunes to feel great and do everything i want it to. Now i dont think it helps with lowering your scores but it does keep my hand comfortable. There is 2 complaints i have though.
1. The stitching frays pretty easy on the palm area and starting to see some on the fingers.
2. The price. This glove is $39.99 and if im paying 40 bucks for a glove i want it to last the whole season and do exactly what i want it to.

Dont get me wrong its a very good glove but i expect this thing to last a whole season and not show any signs of durability issues like im seeing in just a couple weeks of using it. Just thought id give a short little update. Il use this thing till it falls apart. And more on the performance glove later.

Below is a couple of my previous reviews about them, i think there is one review i left out. thanks for reading.

I think we have very similar thoughts on this glove, bridges. I like it quite a bit, but I don't like it for $40.00. To put it in perspective, I've paid that much for a couple clubs in my bad that I absolutely love. I suppose if it really had something special that no other glove did I would feel different, but imo that is not the case.

HAWK308-

I think we have very similar thoughts on this glove, bridges. I like it quite a bit, but I don't like it for $40.00. To put it in perspective, I've paid that much for a couple clubs in my bad that I absolutely love. I suppose if it really had something special that no other glove did I would feel different, but imo that is not the case.

i agree man. I like it, but i dont think i like it enough to pay $40 bucks for it.

Seems as though this glove is getting dirty very quickly. 4 rounds is not a lot for it to be that dirty. IMO. When I play, i can go quite a few rounds. Mabe it differs from one person to the next.

It's from the old hand rails at the course I play. The softer leather just absorbs it more I guess. The Sofjoy has similar discoloration from the same course.

It's from the old hand rails at the course I play. The softer leather just absorbs it more I guess. The Sofjoy has similar discoloration from the same course.

Got ya, that makes sense

I played 18 today with the Fj SofJoy. This was my fifth full round with the glove in very hot and humid conditions, temp was 92. The glove is still holding up very well with no tears or bad abrasions. The fingers do seem a bit stretched though and are very loose. I think I notice it more after playing the Pure Touch the last 2 days. I still didn't have any issues with sweat through or slippage. Overall it's a solid glove and is holding up very well.

First round with the Adidas Exert

Durability = this glove was extremely durable, i had no problems in the south Ga heat, with sweat or tearing. The palm and fingers kept their grip throughout the round and the palm had no rough spots or defective patches. my only concern about this glove was that it stretched in the heat a little and it got a little loose, other than this it is probably the best glove that i have ever used i highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a new glove

finished the 4 rounds, 4 range sessions, and 4 practice sessions each with the Mizuno, Srixon(that were sent) and the taylormade glove(that I picked up for comparison sake). just thought I would pass on some of my initial thoughts before I got started on putting all my notes into a write up. The mizuno glove after the first round of each stretched so that it no longer was "painful" to wear but was still skin tight. The bulkiness that had me slightly worried about the srixon but was hardly noticed after the first couple swings.

Update... Haven't been posting about the Srixon much because I think I posted too much with the StaSof. I started lessons so I haven't had a chance to play 18 and I'm on call this weekend. SUnday/Monday I should be able to get 18 in though.

I was a little concerned with the bulk of the Srixon. So far while it has helped with absorbing the shock of my misses I miss the feel on good shots. I like it to wearing a receivers glove. Not as thick obviously but you definitely lose feel. It's worth mentioning because I know I really enjoy hitting a good shot haha. I love everything about it and the feel is probably the most important thing to me.

I like the durability though and the glove hardly picks up dirt from what I've experienced. The glove is extremely flexible though. And I didn't experience any issues with moisture. It's been humid here lately so thats a good thing.

Ill have more thoughts after my first 18 with it.

Back