Name That PGA Tour Player Contest

We are going to be doing another one of these very soon. So we want to hear how you guys want it setup. Sound off and we will make it happen!

I enjoyed the last one. Maybe start the next one at a time of the day when both coasts have a chance to be online. Other than that I really enjoyed the last.
EDIT: I would also say to do it like the lets make a deal, in that theres a time limit. Announce the time and then let us have at it. The ones that are involved get to be put in the drawing.

Maybe divide the interested people into teams of 3 to 5 people (depending on interest) and the first team to correctly e-mail the answer wins?

I enjoyed the last one. Maybe start the next one at a time of the day when both coasts have a chance to be online. Other than that I really enjoyed the last.
EDIT: I would also say to do it like the lets make a deal, in that theres a time limit. Announce the time and then let us have at it. The ones that are involved get to be put in the drawing.
I think this is the best idea. Let us know the day before when you plan on starting it (maybe like 10pm ET), then everyone who shows up can have like an hour to work together and get the guesses in.

I think this is the best idea. Let us know the day before when you plan on starting it (maybe like 10pm ET), then everyone who shows up can have like an hour to work together and get the guesses in.

I like this idea too. Maybe do something where we have a contest start at 8PM EST. People have 1 hour to start working on it. Those that get it right, we will randomly select 1-2 people that win.

Maybe we could even do a SPIN THE PRIZE wheel kind of thing since our wheel will be here in a few days.

I seem to have missed the fun part of the first contest. My preferences for a future contest:

Unscheduled: Answers submitted via email, like most contests.

OR:

Scheduled (ala Let's make a deal): Members who make the first correct identification of one or more pictures win a lot. After all pictures have been correctly identified the winning lot gets drawn from a hat.

I like this idea too. Maybe do something where we have a contest start at 8PM EST. People have 1 hour to start working on it. Those that get it right, we will randomly select 1-2 people that win.

Maybe we could even do a SPIN THE PRIZE wheel kind of thing since our wheel will be here in a few days.

Giving the wheel a little trial run I see? I like this idea as well. I think 8P EST is good since that was the time we normally got the LMAD going with max participation.

I like this idea! I might not be able to participateat night, but it's still the best idea on the table...

Congrats T! I'm glad the first person to get it right won, you deserved it!

i like the idea of having it at night. unfortunately, i completely missed this contest b/c i was out of town for work, but it looked like a ton of fun. i also wouldn't mind incorporating the new THP wheel somehow. i'm sure whatever you guys come up with it will be fun. i like the idea of the clues the best and would highly recommend that those be included no matter what the format may be.

I think we have a consensus here!
So, tomorrow at 8 then? :)

So here is the announcement. Tomorrow night at 8pm EST we will be doing this again.

5 players. All blurred/pixelated. Clues for each guy. Lots of banter. At the end, we will pick a winner.

Everybody will work together to guess all the players. Then, as a group, you will declare your official list after 1 hour.

Then we will pick someone randomly that was involved in the game!

So here is the announcement. Tomorrow night at 8pm EST we will be doing this again.

5 players. All blurred/pixelated. Clues for each guy. Lots of banter. At the end, we will pick a winner.

Everybody will work together to guess all the players. Then, as a group, you will declare your official list after 1 hour.

Then we will pick someone randomly that was involved in the game!

do you guys put us in groups?

I like it! I hope I'll be by the computer to join in the fun.

i think he ment group as in all of us together.

but then we'll all get it right and then we'll all be in the running, and that doesn't help anyone's chances.

but then we'll all get it right and then we'll all be in the running, and that doesn't help anyone's chances.

ya we all work together to try to figure it out and then have to submit an entry at the end of 1 hour and the people that have the right answers go into the drawing.
thats the plan is for us all to be in the running by working together on it.

Its as an entire group. Its so everybody can work together. And we will declare a winner from that group. Really no different than last time except everybody will work together to get one entry.

10-4! i really missed out a lot on the first one. thanks, this should be a lot of fun.

We need to have our entry's in by 9 est correct? or the 1 hour ends the we have 10 minutes to get the entry in? that way all the entries are together instead of spread out everywere in the banter. just a thought..

The exact rules will be up tomorrow.

I think it's just one "official" entry for everyone.

_JL_ is right. It is one official entry for everybody.

Remember tomorrow night at 8pm and we have selected 5 pictures and players that we think everybody will have fun with. The more people involved in the fun, the bigger the prize will be.

Seriously dude, this whole "Call Aronimink and see what time Thain works so we can schedule a contest" act is getting old...:blob:
_JL_ is right. It is one official entry for everybody.

Remember tomorrow night at 8pm and we have selected 5 pictures and players that we think everybody will have fun with. The more people involved in the fun, the bigger the prize will be.

JB, can we still participate if we show up late, but still within the hour?

Back