Phil Mickelson & Butch Harmon Split

He played well at the Presidents Cup. If that was the the start if his improving, it would be a shame that he changed teachers at that point.

I took his good play at the presidents cup to be more about sheer will and the desire to prove that he belonged as the players' pick more than a positive progression with his swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took his good play at the presidents cup to be more about sheer will and the desire to prove that he belonged as the players' pick more than a positive progression with his swing.

I mean, you were able to discern his swing from his will? So was his swing bad but he willed himself to play well? I don't understand that position.

I'm a big Phil fan and I'm sure the break was mutual. I was only referring to his most recent performance as a positive thing. In hoping he finds another teacher that gets him back on track.

Isn't he working with Rickie Fowler now? I know he was giving him swing tips at the last tourney he played. Mr. Harmon was talking about it on Golf Central.

I think Rickie and Butch have been working together for a little while now. I seem to remember Rickie mentioning Butch in a couple of interviews.

Isn't he working with Rickie Fowler now? I know he was giving him swing tips at the last tourney he played. Mr. Harmon was talking about it on Golf Central.

I was talking in reference to who Phil is going to work with now. Butch still has a large stable of PGA players that includes Fowler, Sneds, DJ, and Rose to name a few.

Phil looked stuck in neutral. Maybe it was time for a new set of eyes to tinker with his game.

I would like to see lefty be competitive again. Maybe a new coach will help him get the US Open title. Go Phil!

I've always wondered, I am sure it is dependent on the pro but how much time do the players spend with their coach?

Should be interesting a new instructor will probably want Phil to shorten his swing, stop trying to bomb everything & play a more controlled game, something Phil is not a fan of

Looks like he is going to go with Andrew Getson, according to Golf Digest.
He is based out of GreyHawk in Scottsdale

Wouldn't it be awesome if Tiger went to Phil this winter and told him he could make him into the greatest golfer of all time. He took Phil back to the streets of Orange County where they started training and worked on his footwork. They would run sprints on the beach's of Orange County till Phil could beat Tiger in which they proceeded to jump and hug in the water on the beach at the end.

Man....what if.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Tiger went to Phil this winter and told him he could make him into the greatest golfer of all time. He took Phil back to the streets of Orange County where they started training and worked on his footwork. They would run sprints on the beach's of Orange County till Phil could beat Tiger in which they proceeded to jump and hug in the water on the beach at the end.

Man....what if.
:bulgy-eyes::laughing:

Just saw this too. Don't know much about him. Anybody have any insight? Who has he worked with before?

Isn't that what Butch was trying to do.I think Phil listened for awhile...then the devil on Phil's other shoulder said "Hit it thru the tree, You can do it'
Should be interesting a new instructor will probably want Phil to shorten his swing, stop trying to bomb everything & play a more controlled game, something Phil is not a fan of

Maybe Phil can hook up with Chris Cuomo. :)

Not that having an extra set of eyes doesn't help, but seriously, Mickelson is one of the best coaches himself

I think you will see the same swing with a few added pushes to get phil to stay with his swing longer. I think we will see Phil getting off his left side better.

Acording to GC first coaching session is 11/19. Supposedly working on his posture. Phil has known the guy since 1992 when he graduated from ASU.

He felt he needed a change and based on play and wins, I agree. I hope he can get the US Open and then ride off into the sunset

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is Stan Utley still at Greyhawk?

Back