Pay it Forward: 30 days of kindness

I donated blood today. Feels good!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I purchased a couple of phone cards for a couple of military persons. It was that or candy. I thought communication with loved ones was a much better option.

I purchased a couple of phone cards for a couple of military persons. It was that or candy. I thought communication with loved ones was a much better option.

That right there is the ultimate. Talking to family who is often far away is huge to many military members especially single ones.

Inlet 2 people cut in front of me today to get out of a parking lot and onto the road in a very congested area.

Held the door for a lady with a baby carrier. It wasn't long ago that I was lugging on around one and know how tough it is sometimes to get a door.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Dinner tonight. Our waitress seemed to be in a bit of a funk. We have had her before and she's usually very cheery. Made a bit of small talk with her and thanked her a few times.

And left a 40% tip as opposed to the normal 20%

Last edited:
Our daughter donated 3 totes full of her toys to our local city shelter. She said it made her feel really good to help those in need.

Made a temporary fix on my parents furnace. It was kind of strange giving my dad advice. It's usually the other way around. They haven't had heat for most of the dad. We went down to see them and during lunch we were talking about it and I told them I'd try the trick I learned. We went home and used my trick and the furnace kicked on and warmed up the house. Their friend that does HVAC called them back and told them to do the samething I did. Saved them a little bit of scratch. Hopefully my Christmas gift reflects the saved money. LOL

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Made a donation to charity

I have given my left overs to a different homeless person each night I've been in Vegas. The portions are way too big so I have half boxed up and set aside. As we walked back to the hotel, I set the bag next to a homeless man all three nights.

I paid for the groceries of an elderly veteran yesterday. It wasn't much that he was buying, but my way of saying thanks.

Bought a dinner for a coworker last night. They are always there to lend a hand it's only fair . He was caught complete off guard and was happy

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I bought a cup of soup for a homeless guy (it is really cold out today).

I find myself thinking less and less about what good I've done for someone today and thinking more about the ones I missed, especially those who need it more.

I find myself thinking less and less about what good I've done for someone today and thinking more about the ones I missed, especially those who need it more.

It only takes one to make a difference

I'm so happy to see someone else say this.

I experienced this - especially - today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had an old coffeemaker that I was trying to get rid of on a buy sell trade site. Long story short, a student on the campus I work at was really interested. I had it listed for $40 and she offered $30 (which I agreed to). We made arrangements to meet today and at the last minute I decided I was going to just give it away for free. When I rejected the money, she was kind of shocked but totally grateful.

There is a MCDonald's near the entrance to the business park where my office is located. Most mornings I will use the drive thru to get a breakfast item. Under the window where you pay there is a container attached to the outside wall where one can drop any change received. The funds collected is used to support the Ronald McDonald house and other charities. Since I trust the funds will be used for the stated purpose, I always drop any change and an extra dollar into the container.

I understand exactly your feelings and point. I do not want to minimize the daily acts of kindness, they are important, they are extremely rewarding for those performing them and those receiving them. What a world it would be if everyone practiced such kindness on a daily basis. But I also find meaning in what I will label a personal cause and to the extent of one's personal available time and resources to be dedicated to such cause. For my wife, it is her church and Catholic charities, such is her cause. For me, it is the Wounded Warrior Project. As a veteran, this organization has a special significance or meaning for me. Knowing that I do not have the resources to address all those in need, I have dedicated my resources to a cause that has special meaning to me. Since we have no children, for the both of us, we support two children through one of the children funds. While it is no way an adoption, we do have a related feeling, we routinely get pictures and correspondence from them. Find a cause with special meaning, for example, if a loved one or close friend died from cancer, it could be one of the many cancer organizations.

Another poor father was convinced by his kids to get up and buy donuts on this cold Thanksgiving morning. He forgot his wallet in the car. I paid for his order when he ran outside to get his wallet.

I've been lazy about posting, but rest assured I've been doing it. Yesterday I stopped and held a door open for a mom that was not even close to the store yet but who was carrying a toddler in one arm, a box to ship under he arm and was carrying a baby / baby seat in the other.

This one isn't even mine, but my son's, and I'm proud of him so sharing this.
We found out yesterday that a "kid" (who's now like 29) that my wife used to babysit back when we first met, is having trouble this year. We've both remained on friendly terms with him and his brother and sister, especially since their mother died of pancreatic cancer a few years ago (dad's not really in the picture). He called and talked to my wife and the only thing he asked for help with was clothes for the kids. Never once did he mention money, or toys, even. So we got all the kids sizes and my work is going to help them a bit by donating some gift cards to clothing stores and Walmart and stuff.

Anyway....my son thought that it wouldn't be all that great if they only got clothes, and since a couple of the kids are boys, aged 12 and 14, they needed something cool for Christmas, therefore, he offered up his old XBox 360 and all the games that will fit in a box so they have a cool present on Christmas morning. I was pretty proud of him for coming up with this on his own and making the effort to help out how he could.

That's all; just kind of a proud daddy moment.

That's a fantastic gesture by your son Toad :clapp:

TOAD, you have every right and reason to be a proud daddy. Not only do I applaud your son, I applaud you as well because you are an amazing parent instilling such values in your children. Given your guidance, I'm sure your son will continue to make you proud.

Back