"Sunshine Protection Act" Florida Year-round Daylight Saving Time

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Saw this on the news this evening, and I absolutely hope this one goes through. Daylight Savings year-round. We really dont need pitch black darkness at 5:15pm.

http://www.wptv.com/news/state/suns...ll-would-keep-daylight-saving-time-year-round

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Dubbing it the "Sunshine Protection Act," a House Democrat has proposed a bill that would keep daylight-saving time throughout the year.Rep. Kristin Jacobs, D-Coconut Creek, filed the proposal (HB 893) on Friday for consideration during the 2016 legislative session.

Part of the bill says that "as the 'Sunshine State,' Florida should be kept sunny year-round."
Daylight-saving time, which leads to more light in the evening, will start March 13 and end Nov. 6 in 2016.

One thing Arizona does right.

I hope they pass it, the days of needing DST are long over.

I have always said that I would probably vote for whoever ran for president if they had this in their campaign. The other no brainer would be if they got rid of my student loans somehow.

One thing Arizona does right.

Arizona would be the opposite of the proposed Florida law. Arizona does not observe daylight savings at anytime of the year.

Saw this on the news this evening, and I absolutely hope this one goes through. Daylight Savings year-round. We really dont need pitch black darkness at 5:15pm.

http://www.wptv.com/news/state/suns...ll-would-keep-daylight-saving-time-year-round

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Dubbing it the "Sunshine Protection Act," a House Democrat has proposed a bill that would keep daylight-saving time throughout the year.Rep. Kristin Jacobs, D-Coconut Creek, filed the proposal (HB 893) on Friday for consideration during the 2016 legislative session.

Part of the bill says that "as the 'Sunshine State,' Florida should be kept sunny year-round."
Daylight-saving time, which leads to more light in the evening, will start March 13 and end Nov. 6 in 2016.

Hope they pass it and Indiana wakes up and does the same.

Hope they pass it amd hope they bring GA along for the ride.

we tried it a year or so ago. didn't pass. possibly because we have two time zones in our state.

good luck!

I wish we would adopt this. I drive to work when it is pitch black and I get out when it is pitch black. At least with DST I get some time after work when it is still light out

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Trying to be the Indiana of the south, I see.

I was able to golf at 730 over thanksgiving down there. Nice for early birds. At least the sun stays up past 5 down there...

They should terminate this all together

Arizona would be the opposite of the proposed Florida law. Arizona does not observe daylight savings at anytime of the year.

I was referring to the fact we don't turn out clocks ahead an hour in the winter like the rest of the country.

More golf courses than one can count
Cheap golf course memberships
and now daylight until 8 pm every day?

That's just not fair....

More golf courses than one can count
Cheap golf course memberships
and now daylight until 8 pm every day?

That's just not fair....

it would be more like daylight until 6pm everyday. But still a step in the right direction.

I would miss my early bird rounds. I play at 638 every other week or so right now. That would be the end of that.

Florida has 2 time zones too. A portion of the panhandle of Florida is CST.
I didn't realize that Florida has two time zones, that is crazy. About a 1/4 of Indiana is in CST and it is really strange driving in the state and then having the time chnage.

Just another state trying to screw up what time it is for everyone. This is why no one ever knows what time it is in other states.

~Rock

those people don't count. might as well be alabamians.

Yep. Drives me nuts calling my folks in Pensacola being an hour behind.

I hope this passes. Darkness before 6pm is just dumb.

I always laugh when I pick my son up from daycare at 5 and by the time we get home around 5:15 he's asking if it's time for bed because of how dark it is!!! Get's dark way too early.

I would prefer to see daylight savings time abolished. 9 holes after work for everyone. You get 9 holes, you get 9 holes, you get 9 holes...

I would prefer to see daylight savings time abolished. 9 holes after work for everyone. You get 9 holes, you get 9 holes, you get 9 holes...

Or we could keep daylight savings time and everyone gets 18 holes. That sounds much better

Or we could keep daylight savings time and everyone gets 18 holes. That sounds much better

With abolishing it I'd want the time to be as it is when it is when daylight savings time is "on". That's 18 holes in the Summer and 9 holes in the winter. Versus the current 18 holes in the summer and none in the winter.

With abolishing it I'd want the time to be as it is when it is when daylight savings time is "on". That's 18 holes in the Summer and 9 holes in the winter. Versus the current 18 holes in the summer and none in the winter.

Yep, that's exactly what this bill would do

Back