Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

That's great. I can't wait to get mine. I don't think I'll see those distances and I'm 56...so you are cheating...ha

As much as I liked the PM Grind from NebGolfer when I tried it. I just don't know if I can make the switch from the PING Glide. It was another stellar day with it yesterday.
You'll be surprised with real course distance. Also had the PM, went back to the MD. Gave them a few months but they were just too big for my eye.

Last edited:
Is it bad that I don't want to go to a range and scuff these up from crappy range mats?
No, it's not. Only range I'll use is if they have grass.

What's your swing speed w/ the 7i?

On trackman last week it was in the low to mid 80's. Most seemed to be in the 82-86 range during my fitting.

No, it's not. Only range I'll use is if they have grass.

That's a problem here from December to May. Especially when I play indoor. I may just tape up the bottom of my clubs

Does anyone else love the AW as much as I do?

I can't wait to get my CF16s. I'm drooling for high long shots.

What shafts did you go with?

DG pro S400,once upon a time I was fit for these shafts while at the PGA merchandise show. So I'm excited

I've narrowed down the selection of the shafts between the PX steel 6.0 or Tour V stiff, for when this eventually happens.

I've narrowed down the selection of the shafts between the PX steel 6.0 or Tour V stiff, for when this eventually happens.

I have the 6.0's. If we ever tee it up before you get your set you can try them out

I have the 6.0's. If we ever tee it up before you get your set you can try them out

Sounds good to me. I've hit the shaft in the demo iE1 we have at work and really enjoy it. But the KBS homer in me always gives them a shot and the Tour V line is solid.

Wednesday is the day! These BEAUTIES will be back in my hands and on the course!

Sounds good to me. I've hit the shaft in the demo iE1 we have at work and really enjoy it. But the KBS homer in me always gives them a shot and the Tour V line is solid.

I was always the same way, MASSIVE KBS leaner, then the PXi blew everything out of the water for me.

#ShouldHaveListenedtoDan
#LessonLearned

I was always the same way, MASSIVE KBS leaner, then the PXi blew everything out of the water for me.

#ShouldHaveListenedtoDan
#LessonLearned

That sounds suspiciously like my iron fitting when I got the original Apex, though I'm not strong enough to go 6.5 like you. But I do envy that setup, especially since you and others that played the original Apex are saying that these are better than the originals.

That sounds suspiciously like my iron fitting when I got the original Apex, though I'm not strong enough to go 6.5 like you. But I do envy that setup, especially since you and others that played the original Apex are saying that these are better than the originals.

I really liked the feel of your Apex's w/ the PXis. I want to give that combo a shot in the CF16s.

Strong like bull. LOL!

Back