Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 Driver Review Thread

This club continues to be great for me. I spent some significant time on the range yesterday and flipped the core down with +1 on my 9 degree head. I experimented with tee height and lowered my height quite a bit and started really getting some distance. This was the only area ibwas struggling with for a bit and left completely happy. With all the hype on the GBB I'm planning to try it in the spring but this 815 with the speeder 665 is just so accurate for me. Callaway has their game faces on with all of these clubs.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thought I'd check in here.
This is the first driver that I've felt like I've had a decent idea where the ball was going.
I don't have the best swing, or hit the ball a country mile, but I love this club and am thankful I get to play it!

That's the best feeling in the world when standing on a tee box.

That's the best feeling in the world when standing on a tee box.

And when you make a swing having friends (who know your game) ask what you're doing differently.
Because of the improved results.

Cannot wait for my golfing days to resume, after this past summer not getting to play...

Hopefully next summer is VASTLY different.

And when you make a swing having friends (who know your game) ask what you're doing differently.
Because of the improved results.

Cannot wait for my golfing days to resume, after this past summer not getting to play...

Hopefully next summer is VASTLY different.
Quoting someone that plays often with you and knows your game quite well, "You're closer than normal."

Well, there is a new normal and I think this club has helped you get there.

Quoting someone that plays often with you and knows your game quite well, "You're closer than normal."

Even past you once...

Totally agree! That last time we were out you were hitting off the tee better than I have ever seen you hit.

CJ you play it with an 8* loft? How's the ball flight? I hit Pete's at 9.5 and saw good stuff, but have been playing mine at 10.5.

Saw a womens 815 alpha head today. Gotta say the head with pink highlites was pretty sharp!

I picked up the Alpha 815 with a Speeder 665 stiff shaft during the CPO Black Friday sale and took it out for the first time Sunday afternoon. I rolled up to the course after brunch with my step-family (where's the eggs benedict review thread?) with no tee time so I skipped the range in order to try to finish before dark. I fanned my first drive out to the right, but hit four of the five fairways remaining on the front side. My playing partner, who I met on the 4th tee, made an audible "Wow" on the 4th and 5th tee boxes after I hit my drives.

I was impressed with the ball flight too. It looked consistently higher than normal (BBA with Handcrafted LZ18) and found more fairways than usual (sample size of 1 round). I'm looking forward to getting this out a few more times and then putting my HC in to see what kind of difference there is.

I got the Speeder 565 in mine and didnt like it, so now ive got my Daimana tipped up and just waiting for it to all dry and ill be giving it a good go. Since i got mine a couple of my other mates at my course have brought one as well.

I am torn at the moment. GBB showed up today, and with a BBA815 head that I haven't tried on course yet, I might need to try and sell it.

I really want to give the GBB the majority of my time, and feel like I need to find a better home for the BBA815

Mishits high and on the toe side have been drawing back to the fairway. I've been needing that forgiveness and it's great.

I've had a handful of drivers from 2011-2015, all have been ok, no real issues - some better than others. After a session on a launch monitor, I realized my spin numbers are too high & I may be able to benefit from one of the new low spin drivers.

After reading the almost universal love for the 2015 BB 815, I found a great deal on a new one on RBG - $199. Gotta say, I've never been so impressed. There actually is something to the claims that this driver possessed the "it" factor. I now see what all the hype is about - never hit a driver so well right out of the box. Its actually the first time I really have been immediately impressed by whatever driver I tried - this one has more tactile feel and a certain something that I can't properly describe that makes it stand apart from the pack IMHO. The factory Diamana Blueboard shaft may have a lot to do with it as well.

PS - I also had the 2014 BB Alpha - not even close to the feedback & performance I see with the 815.

Question for those that have played or demo'd both the BBA and GBB drivers which did you find spun less and which was longer
for you ? Thanks gb

Question for those that have played or demo'd both the BBA and GBB drivers which did you find spun less and which was longer
for you ? Thanks gb
No scientific data, but I have owned and gamed both. I would rate spin about equal and the distance and forgiveness edge goes to the GBB.

for you ? Thanks gb

GBB is definitely longer for me, and substantially more forgiving for me.

GBB is definitely longer for me, and substantially more forgiving for me.

I agree by luck i got to hit both heads today with the same shaft, the GBB was clearly the best of both for my swing.
gb

I was wondering where you fellows were buying your adapters and ferrules and how accurate they are compared to the Callaway OEM adapters.

I fell back in love with this driver!
played a roud with it, hit 10 fairways, my misses on the face were pretty consistent distance and dispersion wise.

Played with the Grandaddy edition Project X LZ 6.0

Cannot wait for my next round!

I grabbed one of these off the discount rack today and gave it a few pokes. Fun head and keeps up with today's offerings easily.

I kinda want one now just to play with all the settings.

I hit a used 815 bb today along with the GBB, the 816 DD, XR16 and XR16 Pro. The 815 was the longest and straightest of all the drivers.

I don't doubt it. That driver when fit correctly is a beast.

Back