TaylorMade PSi Tour Irons Preview

Huge chunk of change for these irons wow

From some in-hand pics from those that are at the event, I was surprised the amount of offset. This is a 7 iron

COdqqcqUwAAHwjh.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's the standard not the Tour. The Tour are even smaller than RSI TP's

From some of the photos in hand that I have found I think I might be in the minority but I really like the looks of these. Really good looking to my eye. And I like the look of the Carbon badge, but I am addicted to Carbon Fiber....

at first i had sticker shock, but i've pretty much decided that my gift to myself next year will be pretty much everything from the new cobra line, and the forged cb/mb combo is $1,100. so i guess these irons aren't too far off.

I wonder how these will compare to my SLDR irons i have been playing this year. I tested out the RSi2 and there was not enough of a difference to justify the price of switching. Wonder if these will be or if I am just going to switch to XR pros or ping I

Saw a pic of the psi forged...if they are better than RSI they may end up in the bag at some point

Spent some time on the range with these this morning and came away pretty impressed. Definitely similar to some previous lines from them and the quality is there. Thinner top line and sole and by design a simple looking iron that looks impressive in the bag. If you like those attributes, I think these will impress.

I hit a 7i with c-tapers 105 stiff demo at Dicks this weekend, i was surprised at how light they feel compared to my M3 with xp95 regulars. Great feel on strikes. Distance was almost 10 yards longer then my current set with a nice mid-flight and a baby draw. i tried a 7i with regular shafts and got the same distance that i get with my current set, but a 1100 i ll club up with my m3's lol.

Spent some time on the range with these this morning and came away pretty impressed. Definitely similar to some previous lines from them and the quality is there. Thinner top line and sole and by design a simple looking iron that looks impressive in the bag. If you like those attributes, I think these will impress.

Any in-hand pics?

I wish these irons had a little more buzz to them. They are the kind of size and shape I tend to prefer. The M1 has some buzz, but these just seemed to flatten out rather quickly.

I wish these irons had a little more buzz to them. They are the kind of size and shape I tend to prefer. The M1 has some buzz, but these just seemed to flatten out rather quickly.

I feel the same way. Lighter material in the center of the cavity to allow the dispersion of weight to the perimeter is ALWAYS a good thing.

Surprised we haven't heard more experiences from THPers demoing.

that what I thought too, did TM do anything to hype these?

I honestly think Callaway, Cobra and Mizuno's offerings look better though

I agree...haven't seen much buzz on these. I hit them and felt they were better than RSI and will make some people happy that go this route. Easy to hit, launch and even flight down if needed.

I'm waiting to hit the forged version

now that they are available hopefully maybe that creates a little more juice for them.

now that they are available hopefully maybe that creates a little more juice for them.
Just hasn't seemed like a whole lot of buzz at all.

Only if they're marketed. I forgot these were even due to come out.

Every time I have gone in to try and check these out they haven't even had any on the demo cart. All they had were the standard PSi's, not the Tour's. I'm confused if they planned to market these at all because I haven't seen it.

I went into Golf Galaxy to look at these on Christmas Eve and compare them to my RSi TP. I must say that they certainly are a bit more players looking. The top line and sole are a little thinner than my current model. I did not have time to hit them and compare them yet but will do so when I return home from visiting the folks in Cincinnati. I like the looks of these a lot but will need to see some real difference in performance to switch.

Hope these do well. I like the looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I'm amazed about still is there is literally no push from TM about their irons. Its honestly made me forget about these releases a bit and I'm a long time TM iron fan.

What I'm amazed about still is there is literally no push from TM about their irons. Its honestly made me forget about these releases a bit and I'm a long time TM iron fan.
You know that's so true. I had forgotten about them until I was scrolling through my youtube feed and there was a review suggestion. I was like oh yeah those are out lol

I had 100% forgotten about these until this thread popped to the top. After the debacle that was the latest TP line its tough to get excited for a Taylormade iron.

TaylorMade PSi Tour Irons Preview

I have never played a set of TM irons but I mag give these a look. I'm playing the Amp Cell Pros still so I could see these as a touch more forgiving but that same compact look. And the looks/badge remind me a lot of the R7 TP, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psi tour. ....hit today.....not with preferred shaft but lovely club to the eye.....some very solid 7 irons ....gotta get it on the course but very good start!

Back