Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surface Pro...
Is this the way to go these days? The specs seem pretty small compared to a laptop and then they are way more expensive.
Looks like I have some reading to do.

Is this the way to go these days? The specs seem pretty small compared to a laptop and then they are way more expensive.

Depends on what you need/want

My wife has had her SP3 for a couple months and loves it. I know JB got one and it's handled everything he's thrown at it and he's thrown a bunch I'm sure.

I have a sp3 and use it almost exclusively now instead of my laptop. I have thrown a ton at it as well. What is your main use going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what you need/want

My wife has had her SP3 for a couple months and loves it. I know JB got one and it's handled everything he's thrown at it and he's thrown a bunch I'm sure.

I have a sp3 and use it almost exclusively now instead of my laptop. I have thrown a ton at it as well. What is your main use going to be?

It will be a home computer more than anything. My wife will need it for office programs, photo storage, and browsing.

I don't know how mobile it will be since we've never had a laptop before...maybe once we get used to carting it around we will more? Is it easy to throw an External HD on it for more storage?

Surface Pro looks pretty slick though, and is tempting.

It will be a home computer more than anything. My wife will need it for office programs, photo storage, and browsing.

I don't know how mobile it will be since we've never had a laptop before...maybe once we get used to carting it around we will more? Is it easy to throw an External HD on it for more storage?

Surface Pro looks pretty slick though, and is tempting.

If it's going to be mostly stationary, build a desktop. For $5-600 you can get a killer system. But if it needs to be mobile, the Surface Pro is hard to beat.

Hooking up an external HDD is super easy. Just plug it in the USB port and you're done

Anybody know if those lithium ion battery pack chargers (size of deck of cards) can be brought on the plane? Need extra power for cell phone and wireless speaker for upcoming golf trip.

Anybody know if those lithium ion battery pack chargers (size of deck of cards) can be brought on the plane? Need extra power for cell phone and wireless speaker for upcoming golf trip.

I bring one in my briefcase no issues at all.

Yep, have done it several times

We went different brands and they still control them all.
80" Vizio as the main and then two 42" RCA above.
Ended up going Samsung since it seemed I couldn't find what I wanted and have the current remote not control the TV I decided to have them match (brands at least). Not as elaborate as some but with the room I had and what I was looking for I think this will be perfect

26d57577a3067f9cb0146a07de47778a.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

S6...and when i take it out of the caae i forget how thin it is. And makes typ8ng easier with my hurt right hand
While I really dislike my S6 the Spigen Tough Armor case I got for it is tops. Thin, keeps screen and camera recessed just enough and it looks nice.

Spigen cases are the Bizness For sure. Best cases I have ever used on my phones. Had one on my S4 and S5, and it really does not add much bulk, but adds amazing protection.

The place I get mine from, only goes to S5 for Samsung, but here are supposedly the thinnest cases that still offer protection for S6.

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Spigen...sr=8-6&keywords=spigen s6&tag=viglink20238-20

http://www.amazon.com/Titanium-Scratch-Metallic-Layered-Protection/dp/B00RYCQNXK

Finally ordered a Spigen case for the 6P, along with a glass screen protector. One downfall to the 6P is the finish is rather slippery. I liked the texture finish of the Nexus 5 better.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Have been pondering a 4k tv for a while. Best buy had an LG 49 inch 4k on sale for 599 so I could not resist. Holy crap the picture on blu Ray is amazing. Bad news is now I will have to buy a 60 inch 4k for the basement

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Have been pondering a 4k tv for a while. Best buy had an LG 49 inch 4k on sale for 599 so I could not resist. Holy crap the picture on blu Ray is amazing. Bad news is now I will have to buy a 60 inch 4k for the basement

The 60 inch is on sale too....

The 60 inch is on sale too....

Don't tell me that.
No kidding I am blown away by this picture.

70" is better, hehe.

OK, so I ordered one for each of our phones. JB's phone glass surviving the golf cart was impressive.

Got here a day early. I'll put them on later today or sometime tomorrow.

Pulled the trigger on a Laptop today, a solid Asus 15.6". Spent what I wanted to and got the features I was looking for.

isn't 4K pretty pointless at this time? there's almost no true 4K content being produced.

Depends on who you ask and what you believe.

Science says that at the normal viewing distance, the human eye can not see any difference between 1080 and 4k. They sell you on up close, especially in a store.

Some 4k TVs have better components and specs that will help the picture look better though. However, a true 1080p picture and 4k picture should be identical to our eyes. Some won't believe that and will argue the other side. That's cool too. No right or wrong in this as it's all personal.

There is a reason though that they are blowing them out right now. No major manufacturer wants to get stuck with 4k components because they'll be left behind relatively soon. 8k (and higher) and OLED are the future here. Not 4k

80" isnt too shabby either. :p

Haha. Couldn't justify the cost of an 80"! But we were able to get that 70 for under $900, so it was a no-brainer!

So my cel phone fell out of the golf cart today bounced twice on the concrete and was face down. Then the guy who we got paired with ran over it dead on with both front and back tire.

I freaked. Bathe screen was shattered. Then I peeled away the glass screen protector I had on there and the phone was fine. Not a single scratch and is working properly.

Howzat was with me and literally couldn't believe it. I still can't believe it. This looked even worse in person.

What is this (assuming autocorrect). Basically I want to know what kind of glass screen protector you had on there to save it. Because I am interested now.

What about the screen protector you are using thats got run over?

OK, so I ordered one for each of our phones. JB's phone glass surviving the golf cart was impressive.

Got here a day early. I'll put them on later today or sometime tomorrow.

What a breeze to put on. Just had to make sure it cleared the home button and then it did everything else on its own. Had a couple of bubbles that just worked their way to the edge as I just watched. Much easier than the more flexible matte finish screen I was using.

I'll be putting the other one on Jacqui's phone as soon as she gets home.

Cool i gotta do mine still...got rhem yesterday still in box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back