Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a PM good sir.
GG loves her G4.
I dont think you can go wrong with either one. All depends on the form factor to you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

After a little more research I'm seriously contemplating waiting for the LG G5 release. In the meantime I can just grab another unlocked Nexus Coaster for a hundred bucks or so.

G5 specs (rumors I think) are seriously impressive.

looking at buying a portable jumper box. Would like one of the smaller units tho. anyone purchase one that has exceeded their expectations?

looking at buying a portable jumper box. Would like one of the smaller units tho. anyone purchase one that has exceeded their expectations?

If you dealership has an excessive amount of them, and one was "loaned to a customer" OR the shop borrowed one and no one knows where it is now?

lol

Just kidding...or am I?

If you dealership has an excessive amount of them, and one was "loaned to a customer" OR the shop borrowed one and no one knows where it is now?

lol

Just kidding...or am I?

the problem is the ones the dealership has are the heavy ones that weigh like 20lbs. And the handles are broken on all 3 that we have. I'd rather buy one then deal with that.

the problem is the ones the dealership has are the heavy ones that weigh like 20lbs. And the handles are broken on all 3 that we have. I'd rather buy one then deal with that.

Are you SURE you don't work at my dealership? lol

Portable charger with multiple connectors.

Maybe a tad overkill but I ordered this after my dead battery episode a few months back.

Nekteck Multifunction Car Jump Starter Portable Power Bank External Battery Charger 600A Peak with 16800mAh - Emergency Auto Jump Starter for Truck Van SUV Laptop Smartphone USB Device and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MG687JW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_nPzLwb2C773X8

What size engine are you jumping with it? Have you used it? How long have you had it stored and kept its charge? Thanks for the info cookie.

What size engine are you jumping with it? Have you used it? How long have you had it stored and kept its charge? Thanks for the info cookie.

Haven't used it yet, they recommend recharging every 2-3 months to ensure that its capable of jumping a car. I charged it initially and it's been in my Jeep unused since.

I'm getting a Kenwood DDX 9902S installed in the car that my 16 year old daughter drives in hopes that it will make it safer to play music and keep her eyes on the road. I sold and installed a lot of stereo and car stereo gear for a living back in the '80's and 90's and wow, have the head units come a long ways! It does a lot, including let me install a back up camera that displays on the 7" screen whenever the car gets put into reverse. It will switch between Apple Carplay and Android Auto seamlessly.

13364-8047-DDX9902S_A-l.jpg
http://www.androidauthority.com/ken...9702s-android-auto-units-now-shipping-619421/

Electronics Pondering

Picked up this one #Cookie. 1000 cold cranking amps and will jump 20 cars on a single charge. As well as charging stuff via usb as well. Has dual lights with multifunction. And can recharge from wall plug or car cigarette lighter. $94.95 with free shipping from batterymart.com

3c8fb0089ddf9dca49f441ec53c28bc1.jpg

Last edited:
Holy crap this jumper is awesome! Opened it and it was on half a charge. Was going to be moving cars today at work and we usually have 1 or 2 to jump. Well, I brought this with me to try out. And sure enough we had 8 cars that wouldn't start this am. So I used the Noco GB40, without charging it, and it jumped every one of them in less than 10 secs each. This thing is legit. I was showing the manager and he ordered 3 for the dealership. 1 for sales and 2 for service. So glad I got this. No more troubles at home with dead mower/atv/car/truck batteries. Such a good piece of mind. I'm pretty sure I will keep it in my truck this time of year. That way I will have it, if needed.

I'm redoing my home theater in the basement and just purchased a new Denon receiver (AVRX7200WA). My 15 year old Integra receiver cannot process all the new fancy schmancy audio available and doesn't even have HDMI.

Now I have a bug to upgrade my 50" plasma to a 65". I haven't even thought of doing so until I saw OLED and I was just blown away by the blacks - as good if not better than my old plasma. I so want to buy an LG 65" OLED display!

I'm redoing my home theater in the basement and just purchased a new Denon receiver (AVRX7200WA). My 15 year old Integra receiver cannot process all the new fancy schmancy audio available and doesn't even have HDMI.

Now I have a bug to upgrade my 50" plasma to a 65". I haven't even thought of doing so until I saw OLED and I was just blown away by the blacks - as good if not better than my old plasma. I so want to buy an LG 65" OLED display!

Just did this and that Denon is very nice.
We have a pretty cool Home Theater Thread too with some cool stuff in it.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?63963-The-Home-Theater-Thread

THe new OLED stuff is fantastic.

Just did this and that Denon is very nice.
We have a pretty cool Home Theater Thread too with some cool stuff in it.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?63963-The-Home-Theater-Thread

THe new OLED stuff is fantastic.
I didn't realize there was a HT Thread. Sweet!

I have always been partial to Integra but honestly what made my choice to move to Denon is On-line availability. I really didn't feel like driving 30 min just to get a receiver that more than likely will have to be ordered and drop shipped anyway.

867e31c0b413a57f71dc97ce637e0c08.jpg

I saw either that or a similar TV around that price when I was at Costco. With NH not having sales tax, we almost picked it up. 65" is a bit too big for where our TV is though.

I saw either that or a similar TV around that price when I was at Costco. With NH not having sales tax, we almost picked it up. 65" is a bit too big for where our TV is though.

It's never too big!

I'm going big with a TV. Is 4k UHD worth it?
I love mine but others will say its not needed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm going big with a TV. Is 4k UHD worth it?
Depends. If you think it looks better, it's worth it to you.

However, science has proven that from the average viewing distance, the human eye can't see any difference between between 1080p and 4k.

4k TVs look better up close and that's how we tend to buy. We're up close in the store and can see the slight differences.

One good thing about some 4k TVs is they have better components. That, in and of itself, will make a better picture. If you can find a top of the line 1080p, you'll get the same picture in theory.

Also, remember that 4k will be passed by pretty soon. Companies are trying to off load all their 4k components with crazy low prices.

Picked up the LG V10 today (and switched my wireless provider). Absolutely love the phone so far, but I'll spend the next few days getting used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back