2010 Ryder Cup -USA Final Standings

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
With the conclusion of the PGA Championship we now have the final Ryder Cup standings for the year. Below I have listed the top 20. The top 8 are automatically on the team. Who would you take? Corey Pavin will have 4 Captains picks. Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson moved in to the top 8 with their performances at this year PGA. Anthony Kim and Lucas Glover fell out of the final two spots. Go ahead and pick your squad for the 2010 Ryder Cup!

1 Phil Mickelson 6,095.063
2 Hunter Mahan 4,095.620
3 Bubba Watson 3,894.319
4 Jim Furyk 3,763.642
5 Steve Stricker 3,697.976
6 Dustin Johnson 3,573.804
7 Jeff Overton 3,533.148
8 Matt Kuchar 3,415.853

9 Anthony Kim 3,274.684
10 Lucas Glover 3,052.874
11 Zach Johnson 3,051.897
12 Tiger Woods 2,902.580
13 Bo Van Pelt 2,662.234
14 Stewart Cink 2,644.833
15 Ben Crane 2,629.796
16 Ricky Barnes 2,610.171
17 Nick Watney 2,557.441
18 Sean O'Hair 2,417.574
19 J.B. Holmes 2,390.710
20 Rickie Fowler 2,353.320

For more on the standings check out http://www.rydercup.com/2010/usa/team/team_standings.cfm

I would take Zach Johnson, Tiger, and Stewart Cink as my first three choices, as the team needs some experience with 3 or 4 first timers already in the top 8 (can't remember if Bubba has gone before - I don't think he has). Maybe Glover or Van Pelt for 4th caps choice. AK was out too long and hasn't looked good enough to be included right now.

I think Tiger will keep working with Foley over the next few weeks and be in decent enough form to contribute.

I would take Zach Johnson, Tiger, and Stewart Cink as my first three choices, as the team needs some experience with 3 or 4 first timers already in the top 8 (can't remember if Bubba has gone before - I don't think he has). Maybe Glover or Van Pelt for 4th caps choice. AK was out too long and hasn't looked good enough to be included right now.

I think Tiger will keep working with Foley over the next few weeks and be in decent enough form to contribute.

i would agree completely with these additions to the team. AK can't be included, just too rusty. i would actually throw rickie fowler in the mix. his walker cup record is phenomenal. he's also scary long and very accurate off the tee. would love to see him play a round with phil. i also think we may see a phil/DJ pairing. seems as though those two click well with one another.

Captains Picks

1. Z. Johnson

2. A. Kim

3. B. Van Pelt

4. R. Fowler

Given that Pavin doesn't have to submit his picks until Sept 7th (even though the points are complete through today), I would say the first two legs of the FedEx cup will help him decide on a couple of guys like Tiger and AK to see where their form is.

Tiger is 109 in FedEx after today which gets him into Barclays (assuming he won't fall 17 spots by not playing Greensboro), top 100 go on to Boston...so we'll see if he gets there. Love his comment today after the round of him not being sure where he was qualified to play next.

The US team seems weak so far, even though it is very strong. Seems like a ton of big-ger names left off the list

The US team seems weak so far, even though it is very strong. Seems like a ton of big-ger names left off the list

like who? i think the team looks solid.

The US team seems weak so far, even though it is very strong.

What? It's very strong, but it's weak? I have got to be missing something here because I don't know how it can be both.

I believe this would qualify as an oxymoron

As of right now, I think I'd take the last 4 on that list.

1 Phil Mickelson 6,095.063
2 Hunter Mahan 4,095.620
3 Bubba Watson 3,894.319
4 Jim Furyk 3,763.642
5 Steve Stricker 3,697.976
6 Dustin Johnson 3,573.804
7 Jeff Overton 3,533.148
8 Matt Kuchar 3,415.853
11 Zach Johnson 3,051.897
12 Tiger Woods 2,902.580
18 Sean O'Hair 2,417.574
20 Rickie Fowler 2,353.320

This would be one nice team, at least IMO!

when I look at the top 8 I see a lot of inexperience. In 2008 there were a bunch of first timers as well, but that was on "home turf." Winning a Celtic Manor is going to be harder than winning at Valhalla. The US has not won a Ryder Cup across the pond since 1993 at the Belfry. With guys like Bubba, DJ, Overton, Kutcher I would be searching for more experienced players. I would be watching closely to Anthony Kim and Tiger Woods the next couple of weeks. If AK can show you something positive then I would take him. He has that no fear attitude and performed well last Ryder Cup. Tiger Woods - unless he doesn't want to...I'm taking him. I would also take Stewart Cink, he's been playing better as of late. Finally, I would take Zach Johnson, I think if you pair him up with a DJ/Bubba it would be a good pairing. Johnson is a good wedge player and a steady player.

In short, I am taking AK, Tiger, Cink, Zach Johnson

I must be missing something as well as everybody else. Weak but strong? And what big names are not on the list?

anyone nervous about DJ handling the pressure of a Ryder Cup?

I must be missing something as well as everybody else. Weak but strong? And what big names are not on the list?

jack, arnie, trevino......hehe

i don't get it either. i'm actually incredibly pumped about this team and i also think that DJ will be a great assett to the team.

anyone nervous about DJ handling the pressure of a Ryder Cup?

I'd say not at all, especially after how he handled himself the entire final round with the debactle on the last hole included. I think his legnth will be a great addition. Should be a bunch of bombers on the team for sure.

Having played the Celtic Manor 2010 course, IMO you're going to need your most accurate drivers - there is a lot of water, and the big left/right misses with the big stick are going to get penalised... Its not links, and its not parkland with trees lining the fws... I'm really, really looking forward to it now...

I just meant that when it comes to Bubba, Overton, and Kuchar, The team would seem stronger if Tiger, ZJ, AK, or Ohair were in their slots. It seems like the top-8 is weak, just by names, but in actuality, all of those players are playing well and the team is actually very strong.

I just meant that when it comes to Bubba, Overton, and Kuchar, The team would seem stronger if Tiger, ZJ, AK, or Ohair were in their slots. It seems like the top-8 is weak, just by names, but in actuality, all of those players are playing well and the team is actually very strong.

May not have huge name power....but has some very solid golfers.

Do you think Sean O'Hair is a bigger golf name than Bubba Watson? j/w

May not have huge name power....but has some very solid golfers.
Thats exactly what I was trying to say right there lol

Do you think Sean O'Hair is a bigger golf name than Bubba Watson? j/w

I do think he is a bigger golf name. But as of late, definitely not. I still think hes a bigger name than Overton and Kuchar but his play as of late hasnt been extremely awesome

I would add Zach and Tiger for sure. They have a lot of experience. Probably add Glover who has played solid and then for my fourth...I'd invite Freddie frickin Couples. Four guys with experience who are playing pretty well.

I wouldnt mind seeing Ricky Barnes and JB Holmes as two of the captains picks.

Back