Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
prolly a good idea OEM, but when the backstryke calls, OEM must answer, or maybe, just maybe there will be one at the outing. only about a month to go, can you hold out?

I can but I wont. Not for a putter. A driver so I can launch monitor plus see it on the range is priceless and worth waiting for. But I want to go before Setho. ha

Played with a buddy on Saturday who just got custom fitted Titleist AP1 irons. Man, what a difference the custom fitting for his swing makes. He was dead on with every one of his approach shots and didn't miss one single par 3 green. He got X100 shafts in them and had a nice penetrating ball flight, unlike my irons that fly a mile and a half high. Seeing that really makes me want to upgrade. Possibly Diablo Edge Forged in my future?

Played with a buddy on Saturday who just got custom fitted Titleist AP1 irons. Man, what a difference the custom fitting for his swing makes. He was dead on with every one of his approach shots and didn't miss one single par 3 green. He got X100 shafts in them and had a nice penetrating ball flight, unlike my irons that fly a mile and a half high. Seeing that really makes me want to upgrade. Possibly Diablo Edge Forged in my future?

the DF's are saweeeet!!! i know that setho absolutely loves his. whatever it is you decide to roll with, make sure you have shafts in them that are fit to ya.

I am hoping there is a nice selection of hybrids at the outing. I am looking for one beteeen 15* and 20* to fit between my driver and 5w.

the DF's are saweeeet!!! i know that setho absolutely loves his. whatever it is you decide to roll with, make sure you have shafts in them that are fit to ya.

No doubt man. That's probably the biggest problem I have with the irons I have now. I hit the ball so high that any type of sidespin or wind is just multiplied severely. I am hoping that wouldn't be the case if I had irons with a more penetrating ball flight.

I can but I wont. Not for a putter. A driver so I can launch monitor plus see it on the range is priceless and worth waiting for. But I want to go before Setho. ha

How did I know that was coming haha.

I love the DF's! I LOVE THEM

No doubt man. That's probably the biggest problem I have with the irons I have now. I hit the ball so high that any type of sidespin or wind is just multiplied severely. I am hoping that wouldn't be the case if I had irons with a more penetrating ball flight.

My irons came with DG S400's and let me tell you, they have a very penetrating ball flight.

Still debating which set of irons to get....

Nike VR Full Cavity
Wilson Staff Di9
Callaway X-20
Cleveland CG Gold

I'm basically looking for something solid without breaking the bank. The Nike's are still winning, I think.

A pair of Couples shoes is on the docket as well as some new threads for the FL outing.

go nike go!

all are great clubs though

Nike VR Full Cavity
Wilson Staff Di9
Callaway X-20
Cleveland CG Gold

I'm basically looking for something solid without breaking the bank. The Nike's are still winning, I think.

Nike VR Full Cavity
Wilson Staff Di9
Callaway X-20
Cleveland CG Gold

All good sets. The Nickent 4DX Cavity will be even cheaper than those and just as good in my opinion.

After reading the very interesting reviews of laser range finders, I´m thinking about to buy a Bushnell V2 (slope) or Leupold GX3.
Did anyone compare both?

Don't get the slope if you plan on playing in any tournaments, and other things like that because they're illegal I have the regular V2 version and it is awesome, just push the button on top and it comes on the point it to your target and push it again and there is your distance, I mean slope feature is cool but I just did not think it was worth the extra money. Just my opinion and sure you will hear that it's worth the money from people that have it. But as far as the Rangefinder it's self it's awesome and will do anything you need it to, except of course dog leg distances but there is always something nearby to laser and give you a distance.

After reading the very interesting reviews of laser range finders, I´m thinking about to buy a Bushnell V2 (slope) or Leupold GX3.
Did anyone compare both?

I compared both and to me there is no comparison. The Bushnell offers the same information, yes, but look through both rangefinders and see how they are displayed. The Bushnell is far easier for "quick and easy" and is displayed so much nicer.

And I use the Slope version.

Went by my local shop here in town and he had just gotten in the new Ping K15. Holy crap that thing is huge! Looks like a dinner plate on a stick.

Alright so now I'm considering getting rid of my Pro Blacks, and Mizzy 200's and getting the new Mizzy JX800's when they come out. I really liked the looks of them and can't imagine I won't like the feel. And just in case I didn't like the feel I can always just get the DF's.

Alright so now I'm considering getting rid of my Pro Blacks, and Mizzy 200's and getting the new Mizzy JX800's when they come out. I really liked the looks of them and can't imagine I won't like the feel. And just in case I didn't like the feel I can always just get the DF's.

hahaha, i knew it wouldn't be too long.

Alright who wants all my stuff for $799!! Scratch EZ-1's are on sale for $799 at kingdom59.com. That is a sweet deal.

Alright who wants all my stuff for $799!! Scratch EZ-1's are on sale for $799 at kingdom59.com. That is a sweet deal.

Have you hit those? I thought they felt hollow and muted when I tried them.

I think I will probably own a set of adams pro black CB2 irons before I die. They look amazing.

Yeah I hit them when a rep was in my area. I really liked them. I don't like them for $1200 but I do like them for $800. They were very forgiving also. I was not hitting the ball well the day I hit them and was just smoking shots with the entire set of these. The looks of a players club and the forgiveness of a GI.

Yeah I hit them when a rep was in my area. I really liked them. I don't like them for $1200 but I do like them for $800. They were very forgiving also. I was not hitting the ball well the day I hit them and was just smoking shots with the entire set of these. The looks of a players club and the forgiveness of a GI.

Wow, we had very different experiences with these irons. As did the others we were with. Just a product that we had high hopes for that felt more midrange to us. That is why equipment is so personal. Different strokes for different folks.

I think I will probably own a set of adams pro black CB2 irons before I die. They look amazing.

I hit a set of those today. Very sharp looking club but not the most forgiving.

My local GG has them and I love the feel (get to hit them often haha). Even on mishits they don't feel harsh, you lose a lot of distance though lol.

Yeah I hear that. I think sometimes people can hear great things about a product and their expectations get the best of them. I had hit a few of their wedges prior to hitting the irons. I knew they would not be a life changing experience but more like a hey I like that feeling experience. Plus I like the fact that 99.99% of golfers have no idea who Scratch is and will think I'm some poor hack who couldn't afford real clubs lol. Hey I just noticed you switched to the Cally X-24's. Those are really sweet sticks. When did this happen? Also how is the C Kua treating you?

My local GG has them and I love the feel (get to hit them often haha). Even on mishits they don't feel harsh, you lose a lot of distance though lol.

Thats what I was talking about on the forgiveness. Toe hits on the monitor were quite a bit shorter. The feel is nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back