Cart vs Stand bags. Which one and why?

Cart bag, 100% of the time. I ride a majority of my rounds and use my Clicgear when I walk so I want something that works well with both. I need the extra room because you never know what kind of weather you will run into in Minnesota, so I have multiple layers in my bag at all times.

I have a stand bag(purelite) with cart compatible base which is a big plus. Bit bulky but still light enough to carry it. Looks like hybrid bag without the 14 way top.

I use a stand bag due to the versatility. I will walk a round one day, push my cart then next and ride with my dad the third. The one bag takes care of all three items, which is why I enjoy stand bags.

I do however, would like a Cart/Staff bag for the house to hold my stray clubs.

I got a new bag mid season and tried and tried to talk myself out of a stand bag. In the end I stuck with a stand bag because it is just more convenient for me at home, on the range and on the course. I also feel like the option to walk is always there if I want to (happens sometimes). My Ogio holds more than enough stuff for me and is also easier to travel with as other have stated.

I guess it is just more versatile even though I ride 95% of my rounds.

I use a cart bag. Cart bag's aren't heavy unless you get a staff bag and when I walk I actually use a push cart so I'm never lugging it around. Cart bags really don't take up a lot of room.

You obviously never owned a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ogio and TaylorMade. My dad has had Titleist and one other I can't remember. They were all terrible to deal with.

I'd bet quite a few other on here would say the same

I ride half the time and walk with my ClicGear the other half, I carry my clubs perhaps twice a year. I think each type of bag has its definite pros, but for me and being a range rat, the carry bag won out. Get a carry bag that is designed to ride well and you will have the best of both worlds. My Aqua Dry has features that allow it to settle into the ClicGear and cart with ease, and not twist about. Truly the best bag I've ever had, and when it rains it just laughs at water.

I have come to like stand bags for use at the range. The weight makes them easier to haul around and if I walk a 9 hole course with my brothers although the course now has carts.

I currently game a stand bag and I rarely if ever walk the courses I play. I do have a cart bag, but it's not much to my liking. Looking to upgrade to a cart bag for this season.

Stand all the way, even though I maybe walked 5 rounds last year with a bag on my back. The rest were either riding or with a Clicgear.

Hauling the clubs to and from the car, setting up for practice, and just keeping clubs at home I prefer a stand bag.

I carry my carry bag and use my cart bag in my push cart as well as a riding cart. I may switch to the carry bag in the push cart, but it's new and I didn't want to mess it up since it's mostly white. I have to rearrange my clubs in my cart bag if I use it in the push cart... Aggravating.

I have gravitated to cart bags as I usually walk with my push cart and will probably stick with a 14 way top as it keeps me organized.

I miss a stand bag when I go to the range, but I usually leave my push cart in the back of my car so just throw my bag on it when I hit balls.

I prefer a cart bag. Most everyone in our group rides (since we are old goofers)

I only use a cart bag. I find it has enough room for all the crap that I carry and it fits on my push cart. There isn't too many scenario's on the golf course that I would run into and not have something for it in my cart bag.

Cart bag. I ride 90% of the time and when I do walk I have a Sun Mountain push cart so the bag still works.

Stand bag for me. I try to walk whenever I can.

I have two bags that i switch between, depending if I ride of walk. If I am walking I dont like using a push cart I prefer to carry, So my ogio gets put into play. If i am riding i use my Nike cart bag. Its really that simple for me. Both have a 14 way divider so I can arrange my clubs the same way on both, which is a big plus for me.

I use both. Cart bag gets the lion's share of use as most of my rounds are either riding or with push cart. Plus I like the extra space for everything else. I also have a carry bag that I'll use when I do actually walk or if I go to the range. I will say that my laziness does prefer the cart bag as I can keep enough stuff in it that I don't have to really plan ahead on what I take. Both have their place for me though. Don't think either is better really, they just fit different needs for me.

I got a big bertha stand bag last fall. It was the closest thing to a hybrid bag that doesn't have a 14 way top. I either ride or push, but still wanted a stand bag for range/practice and garage storage. So far its been a great purchase for me.

I’ve always been partial to a cart bag. 14 or 15 way top with full length dividers and usually more storage room. Would never think about using it to carry (too damn heavy). Always use the push cart if I’m walking.

I have a stand bag that really doesn't ride too well on my Clicgear push cart so I went with a Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag and could not be happier. I do not plan on carrying anymore so for me it's a push cart or golf cart. As for the range, I lean the bag up against the club stand and that works for me too. Tim

I only have cart bags due to the bad knees that make me ride a cart 90% of the time.

I usually go with a stand bag for several reasons.... it allows me to walk when I want, it's fine on the cart and has almost as much room for my stuff as a cart bag without all the bulk, if it's cart path only and my ball is somewhere on the other side of the fairway and I can't quite tell exactly where it is, easier to pull the whole bag off the cart and walk... rather than taking 6-7 clubs and hoping I guessed in the right range... but that is just me

Cart bag. Ion't walk & carry any more.

Back