THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Its the Paris of the Middle East lol

Hahaha. That was quite the "article".
If I were Cleveland, I would be staking claim to an awful lot, but being compared to Beirut would not be one of them.

As much as I tried to avoid it, I have to visit Michigan tomorrow. Driving right through Detroit.

Let me know Whalen the wake is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha. That was quite the "article".
If I were Cleveland, I would be staking claim to an awful lot, but being compared to Beirut would not be one of them.

Curious about the other comparisons on the list you read.....since obviously you've been to Beirut recently to bar hop.

Gotta love it when someone picks one thing from the article to run with. Perfect for keeping things in context.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

thumb.php

+

e8dbc670ff072c761310bfe339811395.jpg

=

200.gif

PhillyV moves back up to #35 by way of his wifes guarantee of a cookout in May

55d3e12068630c2ee047cc4e0c76e4e2.jpg

Curious about the other comparisons on the list you read.....since obviously you've been to Beirut recently to bar hop.

Gotta love it when someone picks one thing from the article to run with. Perfect for keeping things in context.

I have actually been to Beirut, but not recently. Im sure its an amazing place, as is Clevetown.

Philly V, I think its time to fire the cannon.

Josh, honest question here. Where does THP stand with the new USGA rule of having to have someone attest to all posted rounds?

I am not able to attend this event, but using myself as an example, if I was vying for a spot I have no idea if I could give as a valid handicap under the new rules. I ended 2015 at 13.1. But if I followed the new rules I would quite literally never be able to post a round. I play by myself almost every time (unless you count my kids) and unless more members of my club start playing in the evenings that won't change.

So I would have a 13.1, which would be at least 9 months old by the time the event came around. It's likely my game will be different by then - hopefully better but who knows. Either way the odds are that it would not be an accurate representation.

Brooklyn, Dublin, Rio De Janeiro ....mehhhhh

7c4e0bb0032f9a1c8d191818c4c2bb8f.jpg

So since Michigan Slice said I should pack a lunch for a long day when we play each other (hopefully this spring). I am even more curious now as to what his real handicap is? I assume I'd be playing you straight up yes?.....or would that not work for you....

So since Michigan Slice said I should pack a lunch for a long day when we play each other (hopefully this spring). I am even more curious now as to what his real handicap is? I assume I'd be playing you straight up yes?.....or would that not work for you....

I can assure you, you won't need to pack a lunch. Unless you like a solid PB&J sandwich between rounds.

And just referring to his signature, it says ">scratch". I understand this can be misleading, but I can promise you, come time for the event, you'll know well and good what his handicap is. Not to mention, it's about the team.

Wow the various twists and turns that this thread took today is making my mind numb.

Great to see the announcement related to the Meet & Greet and possibly post event dinner! I know whether I am on the team or not I will be there.

As for worst driving - MICHIGAN I did that for so many years.

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I'll take my pops.
I'm willing to bet If called upon I'd be the highest handicap at the event.
I WILL play to my handicap, that much I will assure you friendo...

That being said, handicaps and if or not they will be applied, or the manner in which they would be applied has not been announced.

Good luck to you on getting into this event.

I guess we are back to busting down on people's handicaps now?!?! Back to the warm pool I go.

And just a reminder to all of the hopefuls, this is a team event.

Back