THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I guess we are back to busting down on people's handicaps now?!?! Back to the warm pool I go.
I'm sure if you let 441s daughters go for a swim in that warm pool of yours, that might help you rise a few spots in the power rankings.

Just saying, you could use the help. Lots of empty promises so far from Team Ohio hopefuls.

giphy.gif

Ahh the gossip girls strike again

I bet he wouldn't mind that. I could just meet him in Tampa on my way back through to OHIO.
I'm sure if you let 441s daughters go for a swim in that warm pool of yours, that might help you rise a few spots in the power rankings.

Just saying, you could use the help. Lots of empty promises so far from Team Ohio hopefuls.

I'll take my pops.
I'm willing to bet If called upon I'd be the highest handicap at the event.
I WILL play to my handicap, that much I will assure you friendo...

That being said, handicaps and if or not they will be applied, or the manner in which they would be applied has not been announced.

Good luck to you on getting into this event.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh....I know it's a damn team event....I know all of this.

Holy guacamole

Its time to get back to the event at large.
I think there are some getting a bit too wound up.

There is a WHOLE big forum out there with literally millions and millions of posts. Part of the MVP process is being a part of that community as a whole, so maybe hopefuls should embrace it rather than making this one their destination.

It might loosen the tension a bit.

JB is spot on as usual here!

A ton of awesome things going on on THIS website.

Relax man.
Have fun.
Branch out.
Make friends.

This is really a fantastic community

Because I don't enjoy hob mobbing the brass...ill just not respond to Iu calling me out here. It's a joke. Don't mention my name...unless you are #thpcallout -ing me. I'll do the same.

JB please make note of this request from here on out. That will fix the tension. I joined in December...I don't get the inside jokes..nor the lack of overall good hearted sarcasm and rival ball bashing.

If I make the team and get the MVP....id like to announce that I will give it to a fellow teammate since I don't understand the rules apparently. I get its a big deal.(please stop telling me) ..I get its a team event (please stop telling me) ....I just want to kick every Michigan ass on the course I see in my individual match and the team. Matches. Didn't think I had to spell it out. I won't get the MVP because of the criteria...but if I do. I PROMiSE I'll give it to a teammate.

Fire!

Dude just relax.
If you have not figured it out, this is supposed to be fun.
We promote friendships here.

Many on both sides know each other and have pride in their states, we all would like to win, and have bragging rights.

But I don't think winning is THE most important thing to people.
Having fun, and having fun with friends, and making friends is what it's about for most I'd think.

You're new here, relax, And have a good time.

Really.

I understand that you are new, (should I say please stop telling me :D)
Its why I keep saying to branch out into the rest of the forum and enjoy the conversations. There are millions of posts and people talking about the game of golf all day every day. New equipment, new gear, new tour coverage, new contests, new THP Events, etc etc etc.

I said team event, and it was not directed at anybody. It was a note that there are no singles matches. Its a team event with ONLY team matches.

All we have said all along is to enjoy THP and that we hope that it leads to people branching out into the forum. While there will be a lot of back and forth in this thread about what area is best, it wont turn into a catch all with just banter. Thats not what we do here.

I have not seen a lot of inside jokes or what have yous, but if I do, we will tell people to knock it off, because this is not the place for it.

And to everybody else. STOP TRYING TO TELL OTHERS HOW THEY SHOULD OR SHOULD NOT POST! We have mods that can handle it, we swear.

Fire!

Dude just relax.
If you have not figured it out, this is supposed to be fun.
We promote friendships here.

Many on both sides know each other and have pride in their states, we all would like to win, and have bragging rights.

But I don't think winning is THE most important thing to people.
Having fun, and having fun with friends, and making friends is what it's about for most I'd think.

You're new here, relax, And have a good time.

Really.

Speak for your self. This is a competition. I want to WIN! Plus, Michigan still sucks!

All joking aside. Finding new friends at THP events is what THP is about.

Ahhhhh but I have branched out into many other threads...bags....books...winter wear....local....etc....

But it would be assumed i only post in here because....well...just because I guess. Makes no sense.

I stick to my announcement of giving it away if I get in and get it. Give someone else who isn't as competitive as myself to have a great opportunity. I want to have fun and I want to win. That is all.

I have family in Michigan. I don't need friends there. Ill keep my golf friends to Ohio, Indiana, the Caroline's, Florida, Georgia, and Cali.

Ice Cream Social anyone?

As for our sponsor how many of you are gaming a True Temper shaft?

I have them in all three of my sets of irons.

Guys please chill out. Its golf there is no reason for people to get bent out of shape...i just dont have the time or patience or tolerance level right now to have this crap continue.
The personal attacks and trolling will not be tolerated (not calling anyone out and its not just 1 person ).

Everyone move on lets act like adults enjoy the buildup

Ice Cream Social anyone?

I had them in 12 of 14 clubs if you include the project x side. but now with the clubs I just won off Kang that number will shrink by quite a few. obviously I could just put the bridgestones in the bag to rock 12 of 14 TT/PX for the event though!

Ice Cream Social anyone?

All my irons and wedges have True Temper shafts. Oh and captain if your reading this I went to the range today to work on my game. Have to get back in the rankings.

Wow i don't check the thread for less than a day and it seems everything has been turned upside down and around and all about! LOL

JB awesome announcement! Even if I don't make the team I will DEFINITELY be there to cheer my fellow MI guys on! But I am still hoping I get into this as it sounds so amazing!

Been looking at the TT offerings lately and thinking about giving them a try prior to this event, just don't know if steel will work for me. As every time I have used steel shafted irons my wrists kill afterward, and I assume its me swinging incorrectly.

MMaynard: I have gamed them before in an older set of irons and in my previous wedges. Just haven't found a steel shaft I get along with that doesn't kill my wrists on my many many mishits. I am interested in trying the new offerings and hoping one will work for me! And if there is any chance of an ice cream social I AM IN love me some ice cream!!! Would love to be able to see everyone from Michigan AND Ohio as I've met a good amount of you guys and you have all been great people! And did i mention I love Ice cream...

Ice Cream Social anyone?

I don't have any gamers with True Temper shafts, but know they are wildly popular!

All my irons and wedges have True Temper shafts. Oh and captain if your reading this I went to the range today to work on my game. Have to get back in the rankings.

I know I'm interested to find out some behind the scene treatment. There will be an MVP out there and that person will sure to be the envy of quite a few.

As for the rankings I wonder if some vines of me hitting golf balls into the ocean will move me up the rankings?

Ice Cream Social anyone?

I have them in 10 of my gamers

Back