2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I'm getting stronger
2. DO NOT WALK UNDER THE BAR IS SOMEONE IS DOING AN OVERHEAD PRESS!!!!! I should have dropped it on his head.

Vitamins and supplements. Do you guys take anything? I take a multi vitamin and glucosamine.

I take a multi, fish oil, and Whey

For me, it's D, 60/40 casein/whey blend, creatine, and fish oil.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I thought about some sort of creatine blend but I simply don't know much about it. Is there a pro's vs cons?

I thought about some sort of creatine blend but I simply don't know much about it. Is there a pro's vs cons?
I take creatine. Pros, cheap and helps with recovery. Cons you need to drink a lot of water.

At what point would you consider adding any supplements to your diet?

I take creatine. Pros, cheap and helps with recovery. Cons you need to drink a lot of water.
So it's just harder to digest or process kinda thing?

So it's just harder to digest or process kinda thing?

Creatine basically takes water from your body and uses it to repair muscle tissue. If you don't have enough water in your system, it won't work and causes MASSIVE cramping.

At what point would you consider adding any supplements to your diet?
My take on it is any time you're not getting your daily amount of whatever through food, you can use supplements to reach that amount. Its not easy to reach my calorie goal everyday so a shake makes its much easier for me.

Creatine basically takes water from your body and uses it to repair muscle tissue. If you don't have enough water in your system, it won't work and causes MASSIVE cramping.
Well sh!t lol I just posted about needing to up my water intake, perhaps I should hold off haha

Well sh!t lol I just posted about needing to up my water intake, perhaps I should hold off haha
Ooooooooor, drink more water

Well obviously lol I'm trying

Well obviously lol I'm trying

;)

How is more water ever a con? :bulgy-eyes:

How is more water ever a con? :bulgy-eyes:

When your insurance company says you need to be an arbitrary weight on an arbitrary BMI scale

When your insurance company says you need to be an arbitrary weight on an arbitrary BMI scale

Creatine will lead to some initial weight gain, but I have found that sorts itself out after just a few weeks

Squats, bench press, power cleans tonight. Power cleans are a lot of fun. Feeling it a bit afterwards. Steak and chicken burritos and more milk. Next two days off!

Got a video of my last squat set. Need to get my chest higher I think.
http://youtu.be/qUnTKFMEw30

I'd say depth is good but you need to work on hamstring flexibility. Your chest looks fine ;) j/k but seriously, you are holding the angle well after you set it.

After these minutes of jumping rope, my calves are sore something fierce. Time to do some compression and elevation and do 7 minutes tomorrow. (I'm working on one minute of jumping rope X day of the month).

Today for cardio I ran with the 7th grade classes in the gym. I ran with both the girls and boys so in total it was:

16 down and back (jogging)
12 jog down sprint back
8 sprint down sprint back

we give them 20 seconds between each trip.

Squats, bench press, power cleans tonight. Power cleans are a lot of fun. Feeling it a bit afterwards. Steak and chicken burritos and more milk. Next two days off!

Got a video of my last squat set. Need to get my chest higher I think.
http://youtu.be/qUnTKFMEw30
I like it.

CC, I don't know your slave name, I apologize. I am Joe. I'm going to be proper here. You're in a pretty darn good spot. But let's get it much better.

I think you have the bar a touch high. It's hard to see, but I can't say for sure.

Edit: depth is good. Don't change that.

Don't think "chest up", instead think "big chest. That will help create tightness.

Also, keep your knees out harder. If I was standing next to you I would shout "shove your knees the fück out!" edit: depth is good.

I don't care about your shoes, but don't be surprised if Brodie says something about them.

All in all, good work. Add 5lbs and squat again on Friday.

I like it.

CC, I don't know your slave name, I apologize. I am Joe. I'm going to be proper here. You're in a pretty darn good spot. But let's get it much better.

I think you have the bar a touch high. It's hard to see, but I can't say for sure.

Edit: depth is good. Don't change that.

Don't think "chest up", instead think "big chest. That will help create tightness.

Also, keep your knees out harder. If I was standing next to you I would shout "shove your knees the fück out!" edit: depth is good.

I don't care about your shoes, but don't be surprised if Brodie says something about them.

All in all, good work. Add 5lbs and squat again on Friday.
Thanks Joe. My master calls me Alek.

I'll check on that bar position next workout. Big chest is a better thought, and knees harder out is good. I'm shoving them out, I'll go harder with them out. Squat shoes are going to be my next purchase.

After 5 weeks I'm up 11 lbs. So far so good.

Juat saw your edit Blu. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back