2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send him an email.
We have been back and forth. Scheduling has been tricky with the holiday and my stranding in Eau Claire.

Been battling a slight cold for the past few days, feeling a ton better today and felt it was safe enough to get myself to the gym. Got through some decent cardio and then through a few different exercises.

Actually felt even better after the workout, but still made sure I still wiped down the equipment 2-3 times to be safe.

Ha. Also, if it's IPF or a lot of other federations, those are equipped lifts. All kinds of suits and reduced ROM form. And enough "supplementation" to make Arod blush
Yeah no doubt. From my understanding even the "tested" federations are a joke. Still obviously strong ass dudes who worked crazy hard but 2000+ totals at 181 is like wtf haha guy had a 600lb bench or something haha at 181? Guess Armstrong never technically failed a test while competing tho did he hahaha

Yeah no doubt. From my understanding even the "tested" federations are a joke. Still obviously strong ass dudes who worked crazy hard but 2000+ totals at 181 is like wtf haha guy had a 600lb bench or something haha at 181? Guess Armstrong never technically failed a test while competing tho did he hahaha
Bench shirts. Stupid wide grips. Their arms never get to 90°. Sure. Strong. With help.

Part of my job is to run agility workouts for the athletes on campus. We did Tabata 1 day in the session and the athletes were completely exhausted after 15-20 minutes. It is a great workout.

It really is horrible lol

2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

I cannot believe I didn't start coming here in the AM sooner. It was tough to get up this morning but this place is empty.

Bench shirts. Stupid wide grips. Their arms never get to 90°. Sure. Strong. With help.
Isnt that what the raw class is tho? No suits or anything? I'm not going to take anything away from them, guys can move some heavy ass weight. My whole thing isn't about positioning or accessories its about juice. I feel like that's still the biggest factor.

Isnt that what the raw class is tho? No suits or anything? I'm not going to take anything away from them, guys can move some heavy ass weight. My whole thing isn't about positioning or accessories its about juice. I feel like that's still the biggest factor.
Juice is the biggest factor. But the raw class numbers are much lower than equipped.

Juice is the biggest factor. But the raw class numbers are much lower than equipped.
Yeah you're right about that. Was just checking and some are 150lbs or more. Thats a lot.

Ah yes, last night the Y was full of resolutioners. Would be nice if they would just use the smith machine and leave the bench and squat rack alone. Did bench last night along with several other chest and tricep exercises. My SRM on bench is 300, failed on my 3rd rep of 275 last night. Was not a great night, but still working hard. Prolly squat tonight - my left knee had a big pop on Saturday when I was at the bottom of a set of 5@315, kind of scared the crap out of me but everything feels fine.

Man I need to drink more water after lifting. I get really achy if I don't. My body thanks me after I drink a bunch haha

Man I need to drink more water after lifting. I get really achy if I don't. My body thanks me after I drink a bunch haha

No doubt. Been getting some weird mid back muscle cramps lately when sitting in the office.

No doubt. Been getting some weird mid back muscle cramps lately when sitting in the office.
My legs are the worst. Squat days without enough water and I swear everything just hurts 2x as bad. Need lube for my joints haha

Great workout tonight. After our normal warm up, we headed into cardio work doing lateral shuffles while working the battle ropes.

Followed that with exercises focusing on back, core and balance.

Ended with about 10 minutes of stretching that felt phenomenal.

Last edited:
My crossfit countdown has begun I went again tonight I have probably 5 more nights of it.

I thought I may try it again elsewhere, but I think I'm going to go back to doing my own thing. I'm tired when I leave at night but very rarely do I ever feel it the next day. Idk maybe that's a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squats

squats

did 405x4 today squatting. felt great.

An hour of Muay Thai and an hour of no-gi jiu-jitsu. Best workout ever. Nothing makes me happier than getting back to rolling.

1. I'm getting stronger
2. DO NOT WALK UNDER THE BAR IS SOMEONE IS DOING AN OVERHEAD PRESS!!!!! I should have dropped it on his head.

Vitamins and supplements. Do you guys take anything? I take a multi vitamin and glucosamine.

1. I'm getting stronger
2. DO NOT WALK UNDER THE BAR IS SOMEONE IS DOING AN OVERHEAD PRESS!!!!! I should have dropped it on his head.

Vitamins and supplements. Do you guys take anything? I take a multi vitamin and glucosamine.

Really? Who does that?

Really? Who does that?

Overcrowded 10 buck a month club after new years your bumping elbows and a$$holes. The jerk didn't even realize what he did.

Overcrowded 10 buck a month club after new years your bumping elbows and a$$holes. The jerk didn't even realize what he did.
Should have dropped it on his head

Ripp

Ripp

Nice article, good sir. The NASM part is spot on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I follow Ripp/Starting strength on twitter. Many great vids lately. Liked the one about dead lift position.

1. I'm getting stronger

I take a multivitamin and my only supplement is whey protein when I can't get my calories for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back