The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course Amol beats me to post that.

Weird timing but I guess all the coaching candidates are still available. Just another interview to add to the schedule.

Just got that notification on the phone. That's a little puzzling to me. Not a huge Lovie guy but that team made strides this year with a QB that looks like they can build around.

Well that was fast

I think that is strange, bucs have made some questionable decisions the last couple of years

Tampa Bay just fired Lovie Smith. Sort of weird to drop the news at 10 PM Eastern on a Wednesday night, but I guess something changed between the end of the season and now.

The 'win now' expectations are getting just a little out of control in the NFL. I bet Lovie gets scooped up by on the other coach needy teams with quickness.

Im happy, I cant stand Lovie.

I am guessing they have already interviewed someone and have it lined up. at least, that is what I HOPE they have done.

The 'win now' expectations are getting just a little out of control in the NFL. I bet Lovie gets scooped up by on the other coach needy teams with quickness.
Not as a head coach.

Never count out the Browns to make that move :wink:

There's a better chance the Browns bring in Terry Francona to be the head coach than for them to hire a head coach with experience

I am guessing they have already interviewed someone and have it lined up. at least, that is what I HOPE they have done.

Dirk Koetter I bet gets the job

Would be interesting and hilarious all at once if it was Jimbo Fisher.

Would be interesting and hilarious all at once if it was Jimbo Fisher.
Or Tony Dungy.

Or John Gruden.

Wait, Bucs already fired those two.

I was never a fan of Lovie, but I think dumping him after two seasons is a mistake. I hope they have a candidate pretty much wrapped up already or I think they may end up with nobody. After firing two straight coaches after two seasons it has to be between them and the Browns for the least appealing job.

They're already talking about the OC stepping into the HC role in Tampa on ESPN.

I was never a fan of Lovie, but I think dumping him after two seasons is a mistake. I hope they have a candidate pretty much wrapped up already or I think they may end up with nobody. After firing two straight coaches after two seasons it has to be between them and the Browns for the least appealing job.
Niners are on line 1...

3 straight NFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl appearance gets you fired. Then your replacement gets handed a totally decimated roster and is canned after one season after being told he was "the guy" for the franchise.

I can't see that being an appealing situation either

Niners are on line 1...

3 straight NFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl appearance gets you fired. Then your replacement gets handed a totally decimated roster and is canned after one season after being told he was "the guy" for the franchise.

The only thing that makes the Bucs a more favorable situation is the QB, outside of that it has to be as awful of a situation as their is out there. You can't keep hiring guys and dumping them two seasons in.

The only thing that makes the Bucs a more favorable situation is the QB, outside of that it has to be as awful of a situation as their is out there. You can't keep hiring guys and dumping them two seasons in.
I'd take TBs QB, WRs and probably RBs over the Niners and I'm not that high on Winston long term. To be fair though I didn't see more than 2 minutes of TB games this year. They're never on out here.

I can't imagine wanting any of the jobs with the bottom feeder teams right now. They're all a mess from top to bottom it seems

Niners are on line 1...

Not to mention the division that you are jumping in to with the NFC West. SF is a tough job right now.

Not to mention the division that you are jumping in to with the NFC West. SF is a tough job right now.
The Rams are trending the right way. Arizona looks built to be good for a while and Seattle seems to find a way every year.

Wouldn't you rather go coach the Eagles or Giants in that garbage division?

The Rams are trending the right way. Arizona looks built to be good for a while and Seattle seems to find a way every year.

Wouldn't you rather go coach the Eagles or Giants in that garbage division?

Giants would be my #1 job choice. I think the Titans would probably be my #2.

Hey Dean, heard today on DFW radio that when the Kraken cleaned out his locker at the end of the season he took everything out! And when he left no one said anything to him! Please say this experiment by Jerry is done. Please.........

Also another interesting tidbit on McFadden vs Murray. Compared to Murray's 2014 season vs McFadden's 2015 season, they both had the same YPC at 4.6. I still can't believe McFadden ended up with the 4th best total rushing yards in the league since he didn't even start the first 5 games. But with all that being said, we need a RB in this years draft!

Hey Dean, heard today on DFW radio that when the Kraken cleaned out his locker at the end of the season he took everything out! And when he left no one said anything to him! Please say this experiment by Jerry is done. Please.........

Also another interesting tidbit on McFadden vs Murray. Compared to Murray's 2014 season vs McFadden's 2015 season, they both had the same YPC at 4.6. I still can't believe McFadden ended up with the 4th best total rushing yards in the league since he didn't even start the first 5 games. But with all that being said, we need a RB in this years draft!

I hope he's gone for good.

I saw something about DMC around week 15 or 16 that if you took what he's done as a starter and projected that to 16 games he would have been a top 2 running back in the league. He had a good year coming out of nowhere, probably can't count on that next season. Dunbar hopefully can be back healthy. It's why I was praying last year that Gurley would fall to them in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back