The Powerball and Mega Millions Wanna win it thread

We were talking about this at work just now. The current jackpot is $800 million, and will probably be higher before the drawing tonight. What if no one the jackpot, so the Powerball people said, were going to start the Jackpot back over from the start, since no one won we are going to give it to the people!

If you are a legal resident of the US and file you taxes like you're supposed to, you will receive in your tax return this year a one time gift from the lottery $2,000,000 per (legal and verifiable) person in your household, and the taxes will be correctly withheld from your return, too.

There are approximately 320 million residents of the United States, the Jackpot is at least $800 million, so each person could get $2 million and the rest could be given to the Government to help pay off some of their debt.

How awesome would that be?
And I thought we were dreaming crazy with what we were going to buy with our winnings. LOL That would be great if they did that, BUT Uncle Sam would want more than his fair share and we'd all end up with $2 more in our return.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

We were talking about this at work just now. The current jackpot is $800 million, and will probably be higher before the drawing tonight. What if no one the jackpot, so the Powerball people said, were going to start the Jackpot back over from the start, since no one won we are going to give it to the people!

If you are a legal resident of the US and file you taxes like you're supposed to, you will receive in your tax return this year a one time gift from the lottery $2,000,000 per (legal and verifiable) person in your household, and the taxes will be correctly withheld from your return, too.

There are approximately 320 million residents of the United States, the Jackpot is at least $800 million, so each person could get $2 million and the rest could be given to the Government to help pay off some of their debt.

How awesome would that be?

Might wanna crunch the numbers again...

NEW idea!

Anyone want to start a THP money pool that we can all chip in on "shares" of the pot? Send $2 per "share" to someone and they take all the money and buy tickets with the total. Then we each get our "share" if we win?

Who can we trust?

no one. I think trying to start a pool with people all over the world would be more of a headache than its worth. haha

plus everyone can buy their own tickets and if someone hits they can throw a THP pay our something.

If I win, I'm giving every THP active current Albatross member that's been on the forum more than a month, $10,000. By active I mean you should at least be in the first 5 pages of monthly posts counts. I should be able to spare that without missing it. Good luck to all who purchased tickets.

This thing just hit 900million based on ticket sales... Holy crsp

I hope 5-10 people hit it when it comes through! That's just crazy wealth that could do a LOT of good for a lot of people. Good luck everyone!

That is crazy. $900 million? I may need to pick up a few more chances.

I hope 5-10 people hit it when it comes through! That's just crazy wealth that could do a LOT of good for a lot of people. Good luck everyone!

If I am not one of those, I agree. But I'd rather win it alone, hahaha.

Getting another $20 worth this afternoon.

I heard the website got bogged down so off to the store for your tickets

If I win, I'm giving every THP active current Albatross member that's been on the forum more than a month, $10,000. By active I mean you should at least be in the first 5 pages of monthly posts counts. I should be able to spare that without missing it. Good luck to all who purchased tickets.

where are those stats anyways, I've never being able to find all that stuff

Picked up a few last night. I'd be happy just hitting $100,000

Last night on the news, a local company got together and bought almost 800 lines. That's a lot of chances and a lot of cash.

What are the odds this reaches $1B before the drawing tonight?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

AMart and I will be dining for lunch about 100 feet from a kiosk. Might need to drop a few more dollars on this.

You need to.

Just finished at the gym. Headed to the bank and then the gas station

Back