They are definitely not the cheapest options, but the only 2 brands that I have in my closet right now are Ledbury and Mizzen & Main. I have about 20 Ledbury shirts, the quality and customer service are second to none and I like that they are a small company based out of Richmond, Virginia. I got my first Mizzen and Main shirt earlier this year, and I LOVE that it's made out of moisture-wicking technical material and still looks good enough to wear to work. I love their line on warmer days around here.

J Crew over here for me. I hate the boxy look that many retailers here seem to sell.

Brooks Brothers for me. The quality is there and even the non irons come in handy for casual days.

If you have access to the Brooks Brothers corporate membership program through your employer, you should definitely join. 15% off, and they have a few days a year where that is doubled.

If you have access to the Brooks Brothers corporate membership program through your employer, you should definitely join. 15% off, and they have a few days a year where that is doubled.

Jos Bank has the same thing, corporate membership, 20% off if I recall...

As for the shirts I am both Brooks Bros and Jos Bank. Yet to have any issues.

My favorite in my closet are my David Donahue shirts, but I own quite a few of the Jos A Bank Traveler shirts as well.

I'm going to check out the two you mentioned Amol, they both sound right up my alley and we have similar builds as well.

Jos A Banks for me but only when they have buy 1 get 2 free. I love that after several washes they still look great.

I like Brooks Brothers as well, but they tend to be a little more costly.

Bugatchi
Thomas Pink
Pal Zileri
Theory

Ok so... I wear them everyday for work (minus the occasional golf shirt in summer) but I used to always spring for the more expensive Brooks Brothers, Hugo Boss, David Donahue Thomas Pink etc...

Nowadays I seriously really only buy the Kirkland dress shirts from Costco (don't laugh). I know that sounds ridiculous but for $18 a pop, they wash and wear better than anything else I have tried. Oh, and by the way, you would NEVER be able to tell that's where these shirts are from. They have the premium feel of an expensive dress shirt.

For my more special occasion dress shirts (not everyday work shirts) I strictly only buy Peter Millar and Vinyard Vines.

I've gone the opposite way from having to wear dress shirts to wearing polos, 1/4 zips and such. But I'm a big fan of LL Bean's dress shirts. They have come a long way the past few years in the looks and design of it's dress wear. Plus they have about the best exchange policy and customer service you can ask for.

Roundtree & Yorke Gold Label. I have dress shirts several years old that have been washed/starched/pressed dozens of time and they still look and fit great. Mine always go to the drycleaner for pro laundering and pressing. I learned a long time ago they do a better job than I can ever do, and my time is more valuable than standing over an ironing board to save a few bucks a week. I think I get more wear out of them with professional laundering as well.

I recently tried the Traveler shirts at Jos A Bank and like them a lot. They have a better color/pattern selection than what I've been able to find in department stores too. There is something to be said for buying thru the internet though. You cant try them on and every manufacturer has a slightly different interpretation of sizing. Even using their sizing guide, I came up with a shirt or 2 with sleeves a bit short. I'd buy them again though...really like them so far.

I haven't tried Brooks Bros. Top of the line wear but I have a hard time parting with more than a Franklin/shirt. (ouchie!)

They are definitely not the cheapest options, but the only 2 brands that I have in my closet right now are Ledbury and Mizzen & Main. I have about 20 Ledbury shirts, the quality and customer service are second to none and I like that they are a small company based out of Richmond, Virginia. I got my first Mizzen and Main shirt earlier this year, and I LOVE that it's made out of moisture-wicking technical material and still looks good enough to wear to work. I love their line on warmer days around here.

I feel the same about Faconnable. I have a couple I got on "sale" but great shirts and high quality

I feel the same about Faconnable. I have a couple I got on "sale" but great shirts and high quality

Interesting note about Faconnable. Up until two years ago they were made in one of the best factories out there. They made the switch and the materials and stitching has changed. Some like the changes, but most have said they don't care for them. I am one of the ones that preferred the older model.

Dress Shirts

Interesting note about Faconnable. Up until two years ago they were made in one of the best factories out there. They made the switch and the materials and stitching has changed. Some like the changes, but most have said they don't care for them. I am one of the ones that preferred the older model.

These were purchased for Christmas in 2013 so they could be the "older" quality shirts as i have not see any issues with the stitching or materials. Of course the price point has kept me from buying more so can't comment on the newer shirts

These were purchased for Christmas in 2013 so they could be the "older" quality shirts as i have not see any issues with the stitching or materials. Of course the price point has kept me from buying more so can't comment on the newer shirts

They changed in early 2014, and I dont think the new shirts hit stores until their fall line of the same year came out.

Van Heusen for life. I have colored shirts from them that are over 8 years old and look great still. Especially if there is an outlet by you. Or you can wait for a Macy's sale and rack up 6-7 shirts for less than $100. Just make sure you go with the iron free.

A coworker of mine likes Ledbury a lot. They look like nice and appear to be very high quality (look at the buttons). I am on their email list but haven't ordered from them yet.

Another place to check out is Hugh and Crye, especially if you have odd measurements. That same coworker is rail thin and quit tall. He says the H&C shirts fit him well.

I'm pretty thin and find that a lot of shirts fit me like a parachute, which is a look I hate.

LL Bean No Iron Button downs. Washer dryer and wear em. No ironing at all.

Van Heusen for life. I have colored shirts from them that are over 8 years old and look great still. Especially if there is an outlet by you. Or you can wait for a Macy's sale and rack up 6-7 shirts for less than $100. Just make sure you go with the iron free.

Same here. Have a Van Heusen outlet 10 mins away and I stock up every 3-4 years or so when they have a big sale.

I despise dress shirts. My body is so disproportionate, I have to buy slim or athletic fit shirts. A lot of you have met me, I have no business wearing anything "slim". End up with an extra 9 feet of shirt having to be tucked in.

If you can find them on sale at Macys....Eagle Iron Free shirts. Just pop them in the dryer for a minute, pull them out, and hang dry and no wrinkles. Awesome and no ironing.

So I've swapped jobs. Having to go from golf shirts daily to button down shirts. Tried a cheap brand and well you get what you pay for. So what do you guys wear? My stepdad says jos bank is the best. Looking for advise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd avoid the Joe Banks shirts, don't feel they hold up over the long haul. As a guy who wears a suit everyday I've been 100% Brooks Brothers for years on the shirt front. Their non-iron holds up very well. The white stays white and the texture last. They will cost more then Joe Banks but you get what you give.

I'd avoid the Joe Banks shirts, don't feel they hold up over the long haul. As a guy who wears a suit everyday I've been 100% Brooks Brothers for years on the shirt front. Their non-iron holds up very well. The white stays white and the texture last. They will cost more then Joe Banks but you get what you give.

For the price (don't ever buy them for full price, if they aren't on sale, they will be shortly) I think they hold up very well. The initial quality isn't competitive with higher end shirts, but I have several that I have had for years that still look fine. The one I'm currently wearing is 2-3 years old and is worn very frequently, and doesn't look any worse for the wear.

So I've swapped jobs. Having to go from golf shirts daily to button down shirts. Tried a cheap brand and well you get what you pay for. So what do you guys wear? My stepdad says jos bank is the best. Looking for advise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If you have a Costco nearby, the Kirkland Signature shirts are reasonably well made, non-iron, and hold up well. For under $20, I don't know if you'll find a better shirt.

I have a mixed bag in my closet. Everything from Express to Varavatos to Hugo Boss and English Laundry. I have Seven and few other designers for those not so dressy sport coat nights.

Back