Need a good salsa recipe?

mr.hicksta

Golf->Tacos->Gainz
Reaction score
The breakfast burrito thread got me thinking about salsa so I wanted to share this recipe. A golf buddy of mine gave this to me years ago and not only is it ridiculously good, it's very simple.

1 can Furmanos Diced Tomatoes (28 oz)
1 can Ortega Fire Roasted Whole Green Chiles (4 oz)
1/4 cup of onion
1/2 clove of garlic
Handful of cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
8 to 10 pieces of El Guapo dried chile tepin (MexGrocer.com)

Toss it all in a blender or food processor and you're set. Be careful with the peppers though because you can easily get more than you bargained for! 8-10 pieces is truly the optimal number, but if you like things spicy by all means increase the amount you use!

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
Thanks. Good recipes are a great thing.

I will put my recipe up when I get home this afternoon. It's super simple, and delicious.

I like fresh salsa with fresh ingredients when ever possible

Medium white onion
Handful of cilantro
Large vine ripened tomato
Juice of whole lime
Medium size jalapeño (leave seeds if you like it hot)

Dice all ingredients mix in sea salt, pepper, chilli powder and cumin to taste.

I like fresh salsa with fresh ingredients when ever possible

Medium white onion
Handful of cilantro
Large vine ripened tomato
Juice of whole lime
Medium size jalapeño (leave seeds if you like it hot)

Dice all ingredients mix in sea salt, pepper, chilli powder and cumin to taste.

I'm definitely going to try this! I love me some fresh jalapeno.

The breakfast burrito thread got me thinking about salsa so I wanted to share this recipe. A golf buddy of mine gave this to me years ago and not only is it ridiculously good, it's very simple.

1 can Furmanos Diced Tomatoes (28 oz)
1 can Ortega Fire Roasted Whole Green Chiles (4 oz)
1/4 cup of onion
1/2 clove of garlic
Handful of cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
8 to 10 pieces of El Guapo dried chile tepin (MexGrocer.com)

Toss it all in a blender or food processor and you're set. Be careful with the peppers though because you can easily get more than you bargained for! 8-10 pieces is truly the optimal number, but if you like things spicy by all means go increase the number!

Enjoy :D

I made a salsa almost identical to this a few weeks ago and I was shocked with how good the canned tomatoes worked for the salsa. I was super skeptical, but it turned out great. It was the best salsa I have made.

I made a salsa almost identical to this a few weeks ago and I was shocked with how good the canned tomatoes worked for the salsa. I was super skeptical, but it turned out great. It was the best salsa I have made.

I've never made it with fresh tomatoes, but I may have to try that next time. When my friend made this I damn near crushed a whole bowl of it. It took me a couple time to perfect it myself though because those peppers can be downright potent!

Here is my recipe. Been in my family for years.

Boil about 15-20 mins

4-5 Roma tomatoes
1 Tomatillo
2 Cloves of garlic
2-3 Serrano peppers or whatever pepper you like. My dad uses habanero.

In a pan, toast over medium heat, 4-6 chile del arbol peppers in olive oil. Becareful not to burn them.

d622902b981520d30da80d14d206943f.jpg

When tomatoes and tomatillos are done cooking, take off skin and put in blender with garlic and peppers. Put the chile del arbol in blender as well. Add some onion powder to taste and half a cap of white vinegar. Blend everything together and enjoy. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me.

Do not add water!!!
007e1f21bb2f8c0bee0a217e2d4a96ad.jpg
883096dde4ac250c092aaea4235e9f3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I've never made it with fresh tomatoes, but I may have to try that next time. When my friend made this I damn near crushed a whole bowl of it. It took me a couple time to perfect it myself though because those peppers can be downright potent!

Whenever I make it with fresh tomatoes it's always too watery, but the canned was perfect. I prefer a chunkier salsa because I am a scooper with chips.

Roast your toms and peps then add them. Way better taste, imo. You could also add roasted corn off the cob

I love a good corn salsa. I love corn in just about everything though, it's so good.

Love corn. Throw some in the smoker and then cut off into salsa with red onion and roasted toms.

Love me some salsa!!! Will definitely be using some of these recipes.

My wife makes the Pioneer Woman salsa a lot, so good!

Okay so I tried to make salsa today, it tasted good, but it was more of a pick de Gallo sort of thing.

Back