Aggie

Reaction score
Handicap
7.6 GHIN
I got a set of Anser irons two months ago (the 2013 version) and LOVE them.

Has anyone hit these? They seem to be flying under the radar with all the rocketballzy equipment that's popular at the moment.

And, as I'm a new member with a need to build credibility... is a review needed? :)

I got a set of Anser irons two months ago (the 2013 version) and LOVE them.

Has anyone hit these? They seem to be flying under the radar with all the rocketballzy equipment that's popular at the moment.

And, as I'm a new member with a need to build credibility... is a review needed? :)

I think they are pretty solid irons, but the price point is where it hurts. So many options as good or better for a lot less Ben Franklins.

We would all love to hear your feedback on them!

THPing on Tapatalk

I think a review would be awesome. Full analysis, couple pictures, maybe a video…we at THP eat that stuff up! What shafts are you playing in them?

I've hit the Anser a few times and would definitely put them on my short list. Like JF said, there seem to be some alternatives that were a little more friendly on the pocket book.

I think they are a great set of irons and like the 2013 version even better than the prior. As was stated above I just couldn't justify the price difference over my current set. If money was not an issue these would probably be in my bag - they look good at address, aren't all jacked up with logo's and bad cavity back filling. Even the topline is pretty good to the eye. I think die hard PING guys will eat these up, but just think they priced themselves out of the normal forged market.

Chunky has a set that he built for the Recoil graphite shaft test and is having good success with them from what I hear.

I have hit them a few times they are great but cost a $$$ i think there are similar options for less cash But if you are a ping guy than they are top of the line

I was kind of set on getting the G25's but I should give these a hit as well. It doesn't look like hey offer the CFS shaft which everyone seems to like.

The cost certainly hurts them. There other forgings out there that are equally as good and considerably less expensive.
I know that some have questioned why Ping even made them, considering that for years they have been preaching that cast is just as good as forged.

The cost certainly hurts them. There other forgings out there that are equally as good and considerably less expensive.
I know that some have questioned why Ping even made them, considering that for years they have been preaching that cast is just as good as forged.

It is just as good

It is just as good

No argument there, Im just not sure they are worth the extra money. Like I said, there's plenty of other great forgings out there that are just as good and less expensive.
Maybe they should have marketed the Ansers as a , "Japan issue" to justify the cost. ;)

The cast vs forged debate is so tired to me. Golf is personal and that is what makes it great. If one believes they get an advantage playing one type of club over another, go for it. Just dont sell me on how they are better for everyone just because of how they are made.

I didnt like the Anser irons, much better fitting iron sets at lower prices for my game.

I have the first generation Ansers and other than cosmetics I am not sure what the differences are between them and the new version. I replaced my Ping Zing2s with the Ansers and found them to be just as forgiving as the Zings, though there is definitely more "feedback". I avoided the cost issue by buying used since I know what dot color I play. Overall I think that the Anser's are a great looking, great playing set of irons that don't get the recognition they deserve.

You go where the market takes you. These have been big sellers in Asia.

Sure have and were a much needed surge for the brand in that market. Done quite well in an area there sales have been below par for a long time.

Chunky has a set that he built for the Recoil graphite shaft test and is having good success with them from what I hear.

LOVE THEM!! They are not what I would call the softest feeling iron that I have ever played, however I like how they feel. I have always preferred a somewhat clicky feel over a soft feel. These have more of a clicky feel. They are also a heavy feeling iron. Literally feels like you punish a ball when you hit it. Very forgiving as well. Plus they are flat out stunning, especially with the cavity work.

They actually started as a JDM product and were later brought to the states.
In Japan, the market doesn't accept anything that isn't forged because its viewed as a lower quality product.

LOVE THEM!! They are not what I would call the softest feeling iron that I have ever played, however I like how they feel. I have always preferred a somewhat clicky feel over a soft feel. These have more of a clicky feel. They are also a heavy feeling iron. Literally feels like you punish a ball when you hit it. Very forgiving as well. Plus they are flat out stunning, especially with the cavity work.
Are u still playing the ping anser irons? I just bought a set at a great price with the recoil 95R shafts. How would u rate the forgiveness and distance on the ansers compared with the other irons you have played?

I just aquired a set 3-pw new for 799. They kicked the 850f to the kirb. Almost as softball themizzys, but more consistent yardages

Last edited:
Ping Anser Irons

I have a set (4-52*) that I got used, KBS tour shafts, took to ping to have regripped. Been playing these for 6 months. I think I paid around $450.
Nice clubs. They give more feedback than the I25's. Heavy head feel, but the feeling when you hit the screws is terrific - add a low compression ball and it feels like butter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife has been playing my gamer irons lately so I've resumed playing my Ansers w/Steelfibers whenever we play together. I still really like these irons. I know they were made for a niche market so they were pretty much ignored. However, they are pretty nice irons.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Are these still worth gaming over a set like the G30s?

G30's are going to be easier to get in the air and are a more forgiving club.
I would say that the Anser is closer to I series than G series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the most recent version of these but the price is a huge deterrent! Even now, a year and a bit after they were released you struggle to find them at reduced prices.

Apex vs anser

Apex vs anser

I think a review would be awesome. Full analysis, couple pictures, maybe a video…we at THP eat that stuff up! What shafts are you playing in them?

I've hit the Anser a few times and would definitely put them on my short list. Like JF said, there seem to be some alternatives that were a little more friendly on the pocket book.
Could you compare the two.

Back