The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NERD NOTES: This will be the 1st Super Bowl ever in which QBs drafted No. 1 overall will face each other. (Cameron Newton in 2011, Peyton Manning in 1998)

I had to poke at Wikipedia a bit after reading this (because nerd). The closest we've ever come to this in the past, as far as 10 minutes of research could figure out anyway, is the Cowboys/Bills superbowls in the 90s with Aikman (1st) v. Kelly (14th).

yea, if we come out with an offensive first half like we have the last 2 weeks....i'm gonna feel real nice about a carolina win.

we will need the O-line to hold it's own and the WRs to not drop balls. i'm not worried about cam nor about the D against this bronco's O.

early line is carolina -4 to -4.5. will be interesting to see where that goes.

I'm wondering who Norman is going to be lined up on most of the time. I believe it will be Sanders most of the time since Thomas is usually their slot guy. It will be interesting to see if he gets time covering both of them, but I know he typically doesn't get moved around much in their scheme.

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl and why?

I am on the fence right now. Hillman went to my HS, CJ Anderson is a great Cal Bear and I would kind of like to see Manning go out a winner. So go Broncos! But I hate Elway and Rivera was at Cal when I was there, a really solid player. So go Panthers!

I'd really like to see Peyton win this year and then retire going out on top. However, I also really like Ron Rivera and think he's a hell of a coach and would like to see him win as well. So yeah, I'm torn on this, I certainly won't be upset when either team wins.

Isn't the stat that 6 of the 7 number 1 defenses to make the super bowl, have gone on to win?

I think that's what I saw.

My opinion is that all Denver has to do is stop Cam. They don't have to worry about anyone else on that offense. Denver has the D line and LBs to contain him. A scheme built around that would seem pretty likely.

I'm just happy that Belicheat and Cheat Carroll aren't there. Now I just hope for a good game and decent commercials. The commercials have been garbage as a whole for a few years now.

A blowout from either side would ruin the whole thing IMO

Isn't the stat that 6 of the 7 number 1 defenses to make the super bowl, have gone on to win?

My opinion is that all Denver has to do is stop Cam. They don't have to worry about anyone else on that offense. Denver has the D line and LBs to contain him. A scheme built around that would seem pretty likely.

I'm just happy that Belicheat and Cheat Carroll aren't there. Now I just hope for a good game and decent commercials. The commercials have been garbage as a whole for a few years now.

Need a game like last year's where it comes down to the final few plays. Not a fan of the Patriots or Seahawks, but it was a really great game to watch.

What team out there do you not need to just stop the QB? Jonathan Stewart is a pretty nice RB on his own, especially if everyone is biting on Cam.

That being said, you are never out of any game when you have a defensive line like Denver's. It will be very interesting to see how Cam does under the pressure. We haven't really seen him hounded all season that I can recall. I don't see Oher and Remmers playing human turnstile the way the Pats tackles did, but I certainly think we will see Ware and Miller in the backfield plenty.

What team out there do you not need to just stop the QB? Jonathan Stewart is a pretty nice RB on his own, especially if everyone is biting on Cam.

That being said, you are never out of any game when you have a defensive line like Denver's. It will be very interesting to see how Cam does under the pressure. We haven't really seen him hounded all season that I can recall. I don't see Oher and Remmers playing human turnstile the way the Pats tackles did, but I certainly think we will see Ware and Miller in the backfield plenty.
Any team with a dominant RB. Get them going and the QB can sit back. What I was trying to say was if Denver can get any pressure on Cam and then contain him, his arm won't beat you most days.

I don't care for Cam though. I feel he is a punk. Always have and always will. Dilfer won a Super Bowl so it doesn't take a great QB to win

Any team with a dominant RB. Get them going and the QB can sit back. What I was trying to say was if Denver can get any pressure on Cam and then contain him, his arm won't beat you most days.

I don't care for Cam though. I feel he is a punk. Always have and always will. Dilfer won a Super Bowl so it doesn't take a great QB to win

Maybe I'm thinking of a different Cam, but the one I'm thinking of has one of the best arms in the game? It's funny but I seem to recall a heated debate about 18 months ago between Cam and Kapernick... I know you dislike Cam personally, but to dismiss his talent, and the fact he was the MVP of the league this year is crazy.

Maybe I'm thinking of a different Cam, but the one I'm thinking of has one of the best arms in the game? It's funny but I seem to recall a heated debate about 18 months ago between Cam and Kapernick... I know you dislike Cam personally, but to dismiss his talent, and the fact he was the MVP of the league this year is crazy.
I'm looking forward to the MVP vs. Has-Been match-up in a couple weeks. Should be good. And by good I mean high-scoring for at least one team.

I didn't say a thing about his MVP. I still don't like the guy. Sure he's had one good year. Doesn't make him an elite QB IMO. You won't agree, I don't care

I didn't say a thing about his MVP. I still don't like the guy. Sure he's had one good year. Doesn't make him an elite QB IMO. You won't agree, I don't care

No, you said his arm won't beat you most days, and I humbly disagree based on his actual performance this season and the playoffs, and you're basing it off your dislike of him. That's cool, everyone can have an opinion.

I'm not sure you can win playoff games with just a dominant RB anymore. But either way, Stewart was a top 5 RB this year and has been the best RB in the playoffs.

And Cam certainly can beat you with his arm, and has done so all year.

Cam is an elite RB.

Name one player not named Adrian Peterson that has more rushing TDs than Cam since Cam came in to the league?

I think that if the Broncos are able to score 17-20 offensive points and don't turn it over they win the game.

I agree with you about Carroll and Belicheck.

I understand the strategy of just stopping Cam but I think it is going to be WAY harder for Denver than just that. Carolina has speed on the outside, a legit (and sophisticated) running game and much better OL than NE. Hell, if we turn the tables and look at this from the Panther's perspective we could say nearly all of Denver's DL pressure came off the edge - bring Owens inside next to the tackle and attack Denver's DE by going straight at them. Then PAP downfield.

Seahawk fan starts a petition to ban Cam from century link stadium next year...

Bahahahaaa the butthurt
Because the Seahawk players are so classssy.

Cam is an elite RB.

Name one player not named Adrian Peterson that has more rushing TDs than Cam since Cam came in to the league?
I believe they have the same amount if you count the postseason

Has this been discussed yet? Because this may be my favorite fun fact of this Super Bowl

screen-shot-2016-01-26-at-9-02-17-am.png

Has this been discussed yet? Because this may be my favorite fun fact of this Super Bowl

screen-shot-2016-01-26-at-9-02-17-am.png

Ouch.

That one has to sting a little.

I'm a hardcore Broncos fan. We've been dismissed since the blow out at our last Super Bowl. We deserved criticism for that loss. But everyone is now talking about how we don't have a chance. NE was supposed to blow us out, so was Pittsburgh. We lost some games, happens. But to be as flippant as ESPN and every sports agency has been about the Denver Broncos is crazy. We won a hard division, we had major injuries, and we've become accustomed to being the underdog. So I look forward to beating Carolina in the Super Bowl. Hell, they've handed Cam the MVP 8-9 weeks ago (he deserves it now I think), as of this morning he has won the Super Bowl and he has won the MVP to the game. Defense wins Championships, Offense sales tickets.

I'm ready, it'll be a good game. Just don't count us out before the game is played.

Ha blowout was the wrong word, we were slated to lose by a lot until Manning was named starter, then the media had us losing by a little or and either/or game. Bookies in town had us losing by a lot. I could have sworn I said more than that, but certain things stick I guess.

Panthers play a lot of zone so you will see he is lined up on whoever is on his side.Has not varied all season.
I'm wondering who Norman is going to be lined up on most of the time. I believe it will be Sanders most of the time since Thomas is usually their slot guy. It will be interesting to see if he gets time covering both of them, but I know he typically doesn't get moved around much in their scheme.

It is fine to not like Cam. If you knew the amount of good he has done in Charlotte and Atlanta you might feel differently but perhaps not.What is statistically hard to deny is his ability with his legs but more so now his arm. He has become a great pocket passer. His numbers are strong but he does only want he has to. By that I mean he rarely forces balls like he did in the past. And his receivers are far from just ok. They 'don't drop alot of balls and when they do he goes right back to them as he did with Philly Brown Sunday night. If he plays well and he has in all but one game this year...It is over. Close but over.

Who are you rooting for in the Super Bowl and why?

I am on the fence right now. Hillman went to my HS, CJ Anderson is a great Cal Bear and I would kind of like to see Manning go out a winner. So go Broncos! But I hate Elway and Rivera was at Cal when I was there, a really solid player. So go Panthers!

I wouldn't mind watching Peyton be able to retire a winner, but I'm pulling for Carolina. Pulling for their D-Coordinator to land a head coaching job next year and a good defensive showing in a SB win would certainly help his cause.

I don't know why, but I always love these little tid bits of info!
NERD NOTES: 10 of the last 11 Super Bowl winners have worn white uniforms.
The Denver Broncos will wear white at Super Bowl 50.

I wouldn't mind watching Peyton be able to retire a winner, but I'm pulling for Carolina. Pulling for their D-Coordinator to land a head coaching job next year and a good defensive showing in a SB win would certainly help his cause.
I wouldn't mind seeing that either, just to get him out if the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back