Android Phone Thread

Hit like on accident instead of reply.

Verizon has a free cloud backup. Does Sprint have anything? I didn't know Verizon did until I reset my phone and Verizon had all my photos backed up.

Im gonna call...google says theres a few possible options

On hold...google says jihosoft recovery app? Thoughts?

And Sprint says no (unless it was setup with google, samsung etc)

Do they have any type of guarantee or return?
Not sure gonna read up or worse case dispute if it doesnt do as advertised.

Should i be afraid of usb debugging?

I'd just follow everything they say. Maybe even YouTube it and see if anyone has a tutorial/review video.

I wouldn't be too worried about messing up your phone and if Google is recommending them, they should be legit

Of course its 50 bucks
Sorry to hear about this. Went through it with my wife's iPhone. What sucks was she didn't tell me it wasn't backing up to the icloud because it was full so she lost two weeks worth of photos from the last manual backup I did. Sadly, those happen to be the vacation we just went on with pics/videos of the kids. Any recovery tool should work for you. When you delete the photos only the first letter of the file name is removed in the table that holds the file location. So the advice to turn off all connectivity to the phone is correct to prevent overwriting of the actual data file. $50 is cheap compared to the memories lost.

You shouldn't have an issue with USB debugging

Yeah im giving it a whirl isnt quite working yet but gonna keep trying

Am I the only one who backs up to multiple places? Laptop hard drive, USB stick, DVD, external hard drive. I don't necessarily back up to everything every time but always more than one.

Am I the only one who backs up to multiple places? Laptop hard drive, USB stick, DVD, external hard drive. I don't necessarily back up to everything every time but always more than one.
I do this also but Dropbox is awesome with the automatic upload. I have 6.5 GB and when I fill it I copy it to my lap top and delete the Dropbox and repeat. It had worked great for years

Since Dan's incident with Windows 10, I've installed two new hard drives in my home computer that are redundant. One backs up to the other. I also have an external drive that has all my necessities on it.

My phone is now being backed up to Google Drive and using Google Photos for all my pictures.

You can NEVER be too redundant or careful. It only takes once and you're screwed

New phone is here and I'm switched to Fi from Verizon. Holy cow I love this phone already!

So fast and so easy to use. Screen looks amazing and Fi has been great so far. I'm on LTE at work and around work so I'm good. WiFi overrides the LTE when I'm at work so that's really nice as well.

New phone is here and I'm switched to Fi from Verizon. Holy cow I love this phone already!

So fast and so easy to use. Screen looks amazing and Fi has been great so far. I'm on LTE at work and around work so I'm good. WiFi overrides the LTE when I'm at work so that's really nice as well.
You got the 6p right?

I really want to switch to Fi but don't want to pay the termination fee just yet. I have heard great things about the service and can't beat the price also

You got the 6p right?

I really want to switch to Fi but don't want to pay the termination fee just yet. I have heard great things about the service and can't beat the price also
Yeah, 6p in 64gb.

My early fee will be covered by selling my G3. The G3 is still a great phone and I never had an issue with it

Yeah, 6p in 64gb.

My early fee will be covered by selling my G3. The G3 is still a great phone and I never had an issue with it
Nice 64 GB what are you going to to with all that space! Haha

Any trouble with calls, texts or data yet?

The 64gb was only $50 more. I figured it would be useful if I did need it and easier to sell down the road.

No issues so far with anything

Anyone have a recommendation for a good blue tooth speaker(s)?

The 64gb was only $50 more. I figured it would be useful if I did need it and easier to sell down the road.

I filled up a 32g phone years ago, since then I haven't risked it, 64 or more for me everytime.

Yup I did the 64 too. So now the important question, which case are you using?

Yup I did the 64 too. So now the important question, which case are you using?
The Spigen Rugged Armor and I love it. My buddy has the Adopted one that Google sells and it seemed nice as well.

The Spigen barely adds any size but protects everything well enough for me. I didn't want the hybrid with the clear plastic. My wife has that now on her G3 and it has scratches galore all over it. Just a terrible design IMO

Back