The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many local demo days have you gone to at local courses?

How many demo days have you gone to at local shops?

How many local golf shows have you gone to?

Been to 3 local golf shows in Chicago.Lets just say "average-slightly poor" is a fair score.Mostly out of state courses-resorts getting you to sign into a package deal to visit them.

Been to a few demo days-these were not bad but only the "major" club companies.A lot of smaller brands usually offer demo out my area.

Our golf shops demo days are just letting you borrow a club or 2 to hit on the range.And again,only top brands are carried in these shops.Nothing custom,just buy it off the shelf and go play

The auto accessory-rebuild industry for hobbyist is light light light years ahead of this one

I got to go as buyer for a friend, but it is clear it is not for the general public and the reps do not want to be bothered by folks that are not media or real buyers. That said the few folks I did talk with were very nice, my biggest reason to go was to see the new stuff and say hello and thank you to the Callaway folks for some recent excellent Customer Service. But they were so busy I only talked with Ethan who was my main point of contact, he was very nice and took a couple of minutes to chat.
It was very cool to say hello to Lydia Ko and I got to met Mike Robinson the Owner Fairway Jockey who had built me a set of custom irons, they are a Dealer of almost all Brands and I met him by the XXIO booth, he was very happy to hear about our experience with the XXIO Prime Driver. he is considering adding XXIO to his brand line.

Overall a great experience and the THP crew is doing an amazing job covering the show, it is beyond huge and the fact they are getting so much content is a tribute to their hard work and miles of walking.

I had a chance to go down there with the Asst. AD at my college because we're working on putting together a 'golf performance center' for our new college golf program. I had way too much going on at work to make it, but I'm going for sure next year. So far, he's met the guys installing our indoor green for our short game area in a couple of weeks and now deciding between HD Golf and Full Swing Golf for our simulator. It's going to be awesome. It's been neat to see a different side of the PGA Show than just the apparel and equipment (which THP's coverage is absolutely knocking it out of the park).

This is happening way too often

d97b2657cdb7ebcca662c2b0b8a3148f.jpg

Makes getting things done that much harder. I saw that my new laptop needs an upgrade to windows 10. After hearing your horror stories I don't know that I want to do that.

I have been getting this screen on and off for a few months now, but it was the worst at O'hare where it happened 5 times in a row and I just shut my computer off. I don't know what to do. This computer isn't even a year old.

Of course! How do you think the green grass items get purchased? Why do you think CAA_Beat is at the show? He works for a golf course.
True. My main purpose here this week was to meet with several different apparel companies and see their product line for 2016.

We carry it in the Pro Shop and also for Outing prizes and gifts.

Also spent a good bit of time with a tournament management software rep yesterday about the software they are releasing this week to golf courses in the US.

The show is crowded enough as it is. If the public was allowed in it would be impossible to get any time with the reps.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Sadly this is very true. And anybody can buy a domain name and call themselves media. But they cracked down on it a bit this year. They asked for a lot more info and proof in order to get credentials, which is a good thing.

The people you are referring to are often called "Trick-or-treaters", because they walk around with a giant bag and go from booth to booth to get free swag.
That's odd I. I haven't seen MikeDean441 here

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Quick Rant

For an IT company, our systems SUCK. Issues nonstop for the last week, and now my team due to 2 systems being down cant collect cash and more importantly cant invoice customers on the last 2 business days of our quarter.

Our parent company in Canada is soooooooo slow in general and get even slower when issues arise.

OH well Im over it and will make sure my team doesnt

and the 1 system that was working is now no longer working, I should just go home

and the 1 system that was working is now no longer working, I should just go home

I am now picturing you throwing a computer and going completely ape$hit on it. I have to say it gave me quite the chuckle. :alien:

I am now picturing you throwing a computer and going completely ape$hit on it. I have to say it gave me quite the chuckle. :alien:

Not yet, but if its like this tomorrow on the last day of the quarter I certainly will be tossing something around here.

Or trying to punch my little punching bag through the wall

A girl I knew in high school, through athletics, her little sister's husband just passed away unexpectedly. He was 31. They have been married for 5 years. They have a 2 month old son. I didn't know the sister that well, but it tears me up.

That's terrible to hear Blu. Far too young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you see a message..... my laptop bluescreens, then screws up the display, and I get pixelated frowny faces......

Not a good day for me! My day started pretty crappy and now I am starting to feel crappy! My poor car probably feels worse than I do.
6c3bf06bb011428820df715dcc2a4858.jpg
6c37b531d393e88c784decb138b307e6.jpg
21b4a0515353174b53584a8dabebd5ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Apparently it's a common thing for people who updated to Windows 10. I wish I knew a way to fix it.

Its funny, because it usually does it when the laptop is sitting there idle. Not like I am actually doing anything, or surfing, or working. It literally is just sitting there at a blank desktop and it blue screens.

Oh well, I can't really complain. Windows 10 has given my laptop a 2nd life (runs so much faster now), so for a free update to the OS, I can deal with a couple blue screens a month.

Apparently it's a common thing for people who updated to Windows 10. I wish I knew a way to fix it.

I used to have that problem, i used this to fix it:

xHLuDvj.jpg

I kid. I've heard some nightmare stories about upgrading to 10. My wife hasn't had any issues thankfully.

Everyone involved was fine. Just shooken up. But now my neck and my back are starting to get tight other than that, I am ok. I have a dr's appt in the morning, so we'll see what he says.

Everyone involved was fine. Just shooken up. But now my neck and my back are starting to get tight other than that, I am ok. I have a dr's appt in the morning, so we'll see what he says.

glad to hear everyone is ok. That looks like a nasty accident.

Damn Andrew...not good at all. Glad you're alright man.

Glad everyone was alright

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back