2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brother had other plans tonight so we didn't hit the gym but went on a "walk" with my family which consisted of my son riding his bike and me jogging along. Probably about 2 miles of fairly hilly terrain.

Brother had other plans tonight so we didn't hit the gym but went on a "walk" with my family which consisted of my son riding his bike and me jogging along. Probably about 2 miles of fairly hilly terrain.
You know, it's not squats, but family time is pretty awesome.

Had a solid chest workout this morning. Woke up with a stiff back but nothing unbearable.

I did bench 5x5
Incline dumbbell 5x5
And dumbbell chest fly 5x5

Plus a few ab workouts in there, but those didn't help the back none.

After that I spent 15 minutes stretching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting my mind right. About to go lift heavy and really push myself starting in 10 minutes. Here we go. Let's do this.

Getting my mind right. About to go lift heavy and really push myself starting in 10 minutes. Here we go. Let's do this.
You've got it planned out right? Hope you're not just winging it haha

Focus on form. What you need to do mechanically to hit the PR, don't focus on the weight. Just the process. Sounds easy, but PRs are a mental exercise as well

Absolutely no desire to work out today but I got off my butt and did, 2500m row in 12 mins, dumbbell squats, leg extensions, curls and tricep extensions -dinner break- 3.5miles on treadmill with 40lb vest (602 cal)

Feels good to have gotten it in.

Absolutely no desire to work out today but I got off my butt and did, 2500m row in 12 mins, dumbbell squats, leg extensions, curls and tricep extensions -dinner break- 3.5miles on treadmill with 40lb vest (602 cal)

Feels good to have gotten it in.

Nice job!! Way to get it done.

Thanks buddy was not easy but it's done now hopefully I'll have more pep to work out tomorrow.

Always feels better once you fit through that urge not to workout and get it done.

Worked out this morning with the fitness instructor and he kicked my butt. Took me a few minutes to get going, but finished the workout strong and I really felt good afterwards.

Last edited:
I made a comment the other day that I wish I had more hours in the day to workout. So, I realized that starts with me making the extra time. With family in town, not much time this weekend, so up super early this morning at 5 to knock out a workout.

Gotta make the time.

I made a comment the other day that I wish I had more hours in the day to workout. So, I realized that starts with me making the extra time. With family in town, not much time this weekend, so up super early this morning at 5 to knock out a workout.

Gotta make the time.
Dang thats early...way to go dude

Knocked out a little run this morning and followed it up with a workout. I am cracking 170lbs this week around.

Gotta make the time.
Good for you man. I can't do the early AM workout anymore. Somewhere along the line I got old.

2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

I had another solid workout today, working out arms. Plus my back is starting to loosen up, so that's good.

I do think I'm going to go back to working one muscle group a day. I'm at the gym almost every day anyways so I don't see why I should work two muscle groups a day.

I will say it's crazy I stepped on the scale today after the gym and I'm up 5-6 lbs from Thursday. So I'm happy that didn't take long.

Great marathon workout today

Single session today!
9miles on the bike 450 calories -squats, leg extensions, dumbbell bench, lat pulldowns, curls, tricep pull downs, seated row,- 3.75miles on treadmill 650 calories

Man I feel so good after that work out!

Great marathon workout today

Single session today!
9miles on the bike 450 calories -squats, leg extensions, dumbbell bench, lat pulldowns, curls, tricep pull downs, seated row,- 3.75miles on treadmill 650 calories

Man I feel so good after that work out!

oooof. That's all I got.

Gotta train the way we work on scene, if it wasn't so late id prolly of lifted again.

I'm going to be a bit sassy here, you ride a bike on scene.

No but I've ridden one to the scene(not fun) we also have a bike team for special events(marathon, tattoo(fireworks) and a couple other events)

So did Pee Wee Herman, scene of his Big Adventures hahahaha

Good workout this morning. Squats bench and power cleans. Squats have really been a grind the last couple reps of my work sets. At 275, I might be nearing the end of easy gains. Reading PPST3 I might throw in a lighter day for squats mid week and go for a 10 lb increase every week instead of the 15 I've been getting.

After squats I was getting ready to bench. Brought the bar over to the bench and went to go get my bag, when this dude just goes and sits down on the bench. No big deal as I moved to another bench, but this guy's proceeds to do his ab workout for the day, not once moving any weight on the bench.

Also, my legs must be getting bigger. I tore a seam in my shorts during my first squat workset. Luckily they were double stiched, so no hole in the bottom haha.

Then I spent the rest of the day building a coffee table for the Mrs, so I'm spent.

Ab work on a bench. Blech. Good work on the squats. Good work on reading the books.

Am I the only one that didn't know KJ Choi was a former competitive powerlifter? Says he was squatting 350 at 13yrs old and 95lbs?? Damn that's crazy

Am I the only one that didn't know KJ Choi was a former competitive powerlifter? Says he was squatting 350 at 13yrs old and 95lbs?? Damn that's crazy

YE Yang was also quite competitive in his younger years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back