2016 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am (Spoilers)

The fact that Phil has been realevant in some tourneys this year has me excited for the next few. Glad Taylor won!

Man, you can tell how much this win means to Vaughn, I love it.

He lived in our neighborhood in Windermere.
Coached by our buddy POB too.
POB got a shout out during the telecast.

POB got a shout out during the telecast.

Oh nice, I missed it.
Im going to need a lesson from him when I am in TX in a few weeks.

Good win for Taylor. Phil always bringing the drama. Surprised he didn't get up and down on 18.

I don't think anyone can be mad about him winning. Dude just grinded when most probably would give up.

So how many robot swing machines are going to be sold because of that win. Would love to be able to use that daily.

Oh nice, I missed it.
Im going to need a lesson from him when I am in TX in a few weeks.
He may have just used up all his magic for the year hehe

My wife asked me why Taylor's wife was crying so I had to explain what the tour life is like for a journeyman. It's not all glamour like the top guys on tour. Nice win for Taylor.

Same exact thing here Barry, she did not understand the wife's emotion at all.

Impossible to not be happy for Taylor. He earned this win and you could tell in that interview how much it meant to him. Congrats Taylor!

Looks like Phil's old swing habits creeped back in with the pressure which put more pressure on his short game. Still I am impressed with how he fought through it until the end. He is on his way back and I'm excited for his year.

Plus I can't be upset with Taylor winning based on his insane play and his wife's reaction.

Brutal loss for Phil. Think he hit the putt he wanted to and just didn't drop. Tough one to swallow. Happy for Taylor, he played a heckuva round, and love to see underdogs get big wins once in a while.

Glad to see Taylor get that win and see how much it means to his family.

Let face it, the putt on 18 didn't cost it for Phil today. And VT played lights out in the back with 4 consecutive birdies. Hell of a week at Pebble for golf fans around the globe.

I agree, that was a good firm putt that lipped, I don't call that a choke

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Shoot par when everyone else was under

3 shots from 30 yards ish away.

Perfect inside 6 feet

Thats a choke

Not to say taylor didn't earn it he went ham

5 feet to force a playoff. Gotta make it. If you don't, it's choking. No matter who it is or what the stage is. If Tiger misses that putt you couldn't find anyone defending him

Same exact thing here Barry, she did not understand the wife's emotion at all.

To put it in perspective, Taylor won around $560k last year on the PGA and Web tours. He's now won well over $13 million in his career.

Even before the win today hemwas guaranteed a spot on the Champs tour which is like an annuity.

5 feet to force a playoff. Gotta make it. If you don't, it's choking. No matter who it is or what the stage is. If Tiger misses that putt you couldn't find anyone defending him

Sorry PV, these are not automatic on those greens late in the day. Not a choke in my book. Phil, tiger, bubba, whomever, 5' is not an automatic at any level

To put it in perspective, Taylor won around $560k last year on the PGA and Web tours. He's now won well over $13 million in his career.

Even before the win today hemwas guaranteed a spot on the Champs tour which is like an annuity.

Champs tour is 11 years away for him though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more.

This felt like one of the times we saw Tiger play poorly but still contend because the tourney was held on a course that he loves and knows. Phil's ball striking all weekend was pretty mediocre. He saved himself yesterday by going 9/9 in save chances, but was just okay at it today. I think he's got a lot more work to do and the jury is still out on his decision to switch coaches.

Sorry PV, these are not automatic on those greens late in the day. Not a choke in my book. Phil, tiger, bubba, whomever, 5' is not an automatic at any level

I didn't say it was automatic. He had an up and down to force a playoff. A pretty straight forward one at that especially for someone with a short game like his. And I also don't think it's an easy putt, but it's one that he has to make

Yeah, I played golf at a net loss last year, gonna have to win several thousand more in skins this year to turn that around:angry:

I didn't say it was automatic. He had an up and down to force a playoff. A pretty straight forward one at that especially for someone with a short game like his. And I also don't think it's an easy putt, but it's one that he has to make
Not to mention he shot even par on a day that like 9 of the top 11 were under par.
1 under on the round gets ya bonus golf and he didnt do it

I agree it was straight forward, I'll give you that and maybe a better chip should have been played. Ok I can see a little choke. Good points!

Back