What is your favorite golfing memory?

hickerad

@hick_golf
Reaction score
Handicap
WHO KNOWS
A simple yet not so simple question, What is your favorite golfing memory? I know a lot of us have participated in many THP events and have had a lot of fun. So with that being said, what's yours? Was it a THP event? Was it with family?

I know for myself I have multiple and have been trying tell the story just about one. I can't wait to hear some of the stories!

A tie of 3.

1. Looking down from a balcony at a THP Event and knowing you just made the impossible happen.
2. Playing in the father son event at Hammock Beach
3. The first time I played with my wife.

A tie of 3.

1. Looking down from a balcony at a THP Event and knowing you just made the impossible happen.
2. Playing in the father son event at Hammock Beach
3. The first time I played with my wife.
Man you just brought up a few more good ones for me. It's going to be hard to choose.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Oh...And the Grandaddy. The first dinner looking around and seeing everybody smiling and understanding what is about to take place.

For me I have a few.

1. My grandfather taking me golfing for the first time 31 years ago. Yes I am old.
2. Watching my daughter take her first swing. She loves the game.
3. Being given the opportunity to be treated like a professional in the THP Morgan Cup by Bridgestone and THP. That staffer will remain as one of my keepsakes and I may just be buried with it.

My very first round with my long-term friends, realizing that I really enjoyed the game and wanted to play more.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have 2, playing with Jimmy numbers in the Morgan Cup against Howzat and Wicked cool bearded man, and second is playing with my kid when he broke par. 2 of the best rounds of my life.

Golfing with my parents in the late 1960's.

Golfing with my dad and uncle at Balboa Park. Had a fantastic round with them and with always have that memory.

1st...golfing with my dad. Happened many many years ago and it meant the world to me for many many reasons.

2nd..some of the 4somes ive played in with thpers have been legendary for the laughs...too many to list

I have another one.
I played with 441, ddec and Mward in a foursome and I swear that is the most fun I have ever had on a golf course. My sides literally hurt from laughing.

I have another one.
I played with 441, ddec and Mward in a foursome and I swear that is the most fun I have ever had on a golf course. My sides literally hurt from laughing.
#MayorOfPoundTown
#Weinerstrangler

And i have 0 clue what i shot that day

#MayorOfPoundTown
#Weinerstrangler

And i have 0 clue what i shot that day

I didnt choke on that richard [long pause] picture.

Signed,
The artist formerly known as Fritters

Witnessing my dad's last hole in one. It was the last round that he and I played together.

1. Winning my first two matches against better players in a club championship
2. First tee box at my first THP event
3. First buddies trip to Pinehurst area

Watching my buddy make is first hole in one on the Palmer course at Bay Creek.

Playing in the father son tournament on Fathers Day every year up until I became a father. There are a lot of fun memories from those years.

Playing in the father son tournament on Fathers Day every year up until I became a father. There are a lot of fun memories from those years.

One thing I am looking forward too. That is if my daughter continues to enjoy the game.

Witnessing my wife get a hole in one.

Playing with my son at a THP event.

That feeling walking off the 18th green on the Clive Course

1. My hole in one
2. The entire #TheGrandaddy trip
3. The feeling on the bus leaving The Hideaway & having all my emotions hit me like an 18 wheelers & crying like a baby.

That's easy! The last time I played with my Dad. He was ill and we both knew what was coming but for that day we just forgot the illness and enjoyed each other and the day!!

ANY round I get in with my father and two uncles.
Winning my Office Championship (and then repeating 8 days after being cleared for "putting" after my broken wrist) with my 3 coworker buddies.
Beating Canadan and 441 with amsmith61 in Indianapolis after an assist from a bridge.

In the county golf tournament my senior year of high school (all the high schools playing against one another): The host school of the tourney rotated each year, although it was held on the same course, which happened to be my school's home course. The coach of the host school in 1998 was a member of our country club and I knew him very well - in fact I played with him a fair amount. We love busting each other's chops, even though there was probably a 50 year difference in our ages. The 18th hole on the course is a long par 3 over a ravine to an uphill, 2 tiered green. Back pin, about 210 yards. At the time, I was playing King Cobra Norman Grind cavity back irons, 2-PW. I could flat bust the 2 iron. In fact, I hit it so well that the head golf coach for NC State asked my father at a tournament that season why I teed off with anything else.

As I left the driving range that day, I saw the host coach and asked him where I'd be teeing off. He laughed and told me I would be on 18. I told him to make sure he was watching. Fast forward a few minutes, I tee up my ball and pure the 2 iron right at the hole. It hit the cup and pin, coming to rest about 6 inches above the hole. A large crowd was watching from the clubhouse patio and cheered loudly - it felt like a big time tournament for a second. I dropped the putt and as I was walking to the next tee, there was coach Wiles, just smiling and shaking his head. I told him to be careful what he wished for and walked on.

Of course, I couldn't make the round stick. On 15, I drove the ball right, hit my second shot from the edge of the woods directly into a tree, which bounced back and hit my bag. Nice. Ended up 3 over for the day and lost individual honors by 2 shots.

I'll remember those two shots for the rest of my life.

Playing rounds as a kid with my father and grandfather. I miss my grandfather immensely even though he passed almost 16 years ago, the time we spent together on the course will forever live in my memory. It's one of the reasons I jump at the chance to take my son and my father out to the par 3 course as often as I can.

Years ago when living in the Philadelphia area in the late 90's I decided to play hookey from work one day. I drive to one of favorite courses and tee off on one when the starter asks if I'd like to hold up as there is another single that would like to play. I said sure the guy tee's off and it turns out it's Curt Schilling. Played 18 with him, drinks afterwards and exchanged contact info. Didn't discuss baseball at all, just an all-around good and smart guy who was fun to play with. I have more memorable golfing experiences but this one stands out because it was completely unexpected.

Back